Chapter 31

Enjoy💖💓

  "What did you say is your name"hajiya ask looking into her eyes,fareedah stare at her in the same way.

   "Fareedah"she replied with a smile,thinking maybe  she isn't that bad & is just trying to be an iron lady, so that everyone can respect her.

      "Assalamualaikum" some voices chorused entering the living room,fareedah tilt her head up & it turns out its a maid, she placed a bowl that contain some fruit on the coffee, while the other one placed a glass jug & cups on the table.

    Hajiya dismiss them immediately & turn to look at her " what are you still waiting for, I've to tell you before you can pour me some water" she sniggered

   Fareedah stood up from where she is kneeling down, she poured some water into the glass cup & gave it to her .

     "How many month far are you, bcos by now i was expecting to see a huge bump" Hajiya said looking at her flat tummy stopping fareedah in her tracks,she was taken back by the question.

     Fareedah feel the blood draining from her face, hajiya took her by surprised she stood there not knowing how to answer her, she knows its almost six months since they got married, many people expect her to be pregnant, she also wished to be,but we plan ,Allah plans & he is the best of planners.

  She loved kids and also dream of having her own some days, was it her fault that she is not pregnant yet,didn't she know Allah's time is the best.
   "You've been married for 6 months & you're still not pregnant,are you sure you're not barren"Hajiya said mockingly looking at her from head to toe.

    Her word pierced a deep hole in her, her vision were becoming blurry due to the way cloud of tears enshrouded her eyes.

"If you're really barren then you don't have to worry bcos i have someone fertile & productive for him, did he even tell you he was meant to marry his cousin before he got married to you, may be he didn't you're  just getting to know,thats a good thing.
He got married to you without my consent,since he met you he has become rebellious, i never liked you,infact i despise & hate you,you both were not compatible, you think you can trap my grandson in your deadly trap, wallahi karya ya ne,i will ruin you & get him out of your witchcraft & get him married to whom he is supposed to be married to, somebody that will be able to give him a child, somebody that will.......she continue her rant.

    Fareedah who couldn't bring herself  to listen to the rubbish she was spurting quickly made her way out of the room,its rude but its better than listening to her calling her barren, it hurts so much,the fact of being called a barren or the fact of getting to know your husband was meant to get married to his cousin & with the way the old hag was talking, she will do anything to destroy her marriage.

    She wipe the tears on her face, she cannot waste her precious tears on her, she knew all what she says was a lie, she is just trying to make her feel bad & unwanted & she won't let her,Jamal is her husband and only her husband.

     She descend the stairs after making sure her face is okay & there isn't any trace of tears & anything.

  "Babe"she heard his voice as he descend down the stairs behind her, she needs not to look back to know her is the one, he tries catching up with her & was still calling her but she did not look back, he tries to hold her hand as they walk down but flinch it away from him & made her way to the kitchen, just as she was about to enter the kitchen she heard a loud squeal.

   "Yaya"the voice said cheerfully,its not Basma voice neither is it Amal who has went back to school during their honeymoon, may be a guest she thought.