Chapter 10

fighting (jihad) is ordained for
you (Muslims) though you dislike it,
and it may be like you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know".
~Al Qur'an 2:216

Jamal's Pov

I was not able to meet fareedah yesterday because I was busy, I made sure I wish her a happy birthday and some flower are sent to her work place, I love her and can't wait to confess my love for her.

I've decided to propose to her, I just want her to marry me, I know its too soon but I can't just sit there and be waiting for the right time only for me to lose her to another guy, I don't think I will be able to witness that.

Today, yes am telling her about my feelings today I can't wait any longer and I hope she feel the same way for me,will I be able to handle an unrequited love ?, I don't think so, but I should give it a try and do it once and for all.

Getting out of the bathroom. I entered the closet and got dressed Ina sky blue kaftan and matching cap, I spritz some perfume and wore a silver choppard wristwatch, looking at myself in the mirror I know am good to go.

I walk out of my room to mammi side, she is not in so I decided to check dad side. I was about to knock when I heard mammi's voice and it seems like they are having a small disagreement,what could be happening seriously this is the first time am witnessing these, I wanted to open the door then decided not to, I was about to leave when I heard mammi said Something in an angry voice.
"Who even does that, we are in 21 century, you just can't make that decision for him, he is 28 and old enough to decide for himself"she said huffing

I know its about me, when I can't hold it anymore I open the door and from there reaction I know they are surprised.

" what is going on here''i ask with a questioning look

Mammi move towards me and make me sit in the sit nearby.

" Jamal my son its not what you are thinking"mammi said

"I'm not coming to a conclusion yet but mammi said something about making his own decision what is it about, what is happening I ask confused.

"Its nothing we were just having a discussion" she said not able to look at me

"Jamal you know......."she was about to say something but was cut off by dad.

"Kulthum there is no point hiding it from him he has to find out someday dad said with a stern look

"What" I turned to look at Mammi but her face is hardened

" Ive arrange your marriage with one of my friends daughter"

" what, you've got to be kidding me" I said in a rage

" Jamal calm down" mammi said

"Its not like you are seeing girl,so I decided to make it easier for you" dad said.

There is no way am marrying any girl, but I know there is nothing I can do about it.

"Well, news flash I have someone I love" I don't mean to be rude but u can't help it

'Good for you,I already have someone for you either you like it or not you are getting married to her" he said

" You can't just choose someone I don't even know for me to marry"

"Well I've done that and I can't break a promise" he added.

"Is the promise you made more important than your sons happiness, you were allow to make your choice why can't you leave him to make his" mammi said in anger.