Chapter twelve

Cнapтer 12; Ѕтιll, Ѕнe yearnѕ Тнe Мιѕѕιng Garden Growιng Ғroм Тнe Cυѕpѕ Oғ Нer Нandѕ
~
The broken girl stared, with blank eyes. She became witness to the very eyes she fell for, cast her away into the chains of blinding white hot agony.

She didn't think it was possible to be this lowly and pitiful. Oh, sorry little girl didn't know whatever she was to do. But, attention is love no matter, right?

She didn't want to see anymore. So she turned her eyes away. She didn't want to bare the thought of being discarded, this girl who spoke of and traveled the roads of unknown places all to find the love she so deserved. She was a girl who longed to run along the moon and suns surface. To see her world shift into the very thing she desired as she twirled her own dance with flowers darning her brightly lit hair. She longed to reach her hands into the waterfalls of her tears and to meet in the middle with a silent agreeance.

Instead.. she was met with nothing. The eternal blackness of the afterlife.

Because.... our hearts are used in vain all our lives. Unfortunate isn't it?
Pieces of happy that once existed. Bruised and battered as if already having become worn before even owned. The dread felt upon our unwoven skins
Sunk already deep into the echo of questions, Questions brought upon by our living. For what purpose?
And as the hourglass of life comes to the last grain of happy, we remember slowly our actions. Our hope withers when that final grain falls to the dark. As if our field of flowers know already in their roots that it's time for the season to change.
We abruptly wither and fall to the earths wish.

We all rot into nothing, one way or another.

•••
I feel like I was hit by a big rock everywhere along my body. I groan but I muffle it with the silk pillow. Silk.. pillow..?

I shoot up into a sitting position. My eyes water from the brought room. Everywhere is glittering with a gold hue. The dawns sunset.. or is it the dusks sunset? It's quite beautiful actually. If only I wasn't so preoccupied with the location.

The last thing I can recall is the blood in my hand and the shooting pain of feeling burned from the inside out... Kai!

I rush to stand and slide to the ground dramatically. I blush fiercely, it appears my legs don't seem to obey me right now.

The door opens with a loud creaking cry.

"Asterin! I was so so w-worried." Nana choked on her scentence. About to cry is what it looks to be.
She grabs me into a hug, still on the unwelcoming ground.

"I'm okay nana, look at you blubbering like a baby." I comfort as well as ask, "what are you doing here?"

"You didn't return last night, I was s-so w-w-worried!"

Patting her back like coaxing a child, another couple of persons enters the bedroom. The kings attendant and the..? King!

I hurriedly motion nana to stand with me. I curtesy as best as I can in this situation of a weakened constitution. Nana doing the same while holding my lethargic body up.

"Your Majesty. How are you this morning?"

The attendant speaks up first.
"It is past midday, malady. We had sent for your personal maid to come-"

The king lifts his hand to stop the man from saying anything further.
"I deeply apologize this has happened to you under our care. I will be sure to personally send an apology letter to your father as well." He turns to leave, his attendant following, only to halfway turn and look back at me, "thank you for saving my sons life." He exits dramatically with a flip of his coat.

I'm in awe. A cold and stern man of whole actually cares for his offspring. And a king nonetheless.

Nana snaps me out of my mindless behavior. She supports me still as we make our way to the carriage waiting for us.

A nasally voice interrupts and I audibly growl when I recognize whose voice it is.

"Asterin! How kind of you to drink poison in place of the young prince. Did you run out of ideas to get my Fiancé's attention on you?"

I pull myself from nana and she frowns at my actions. I walk to the front of Davina. I reach my hand at her head and I curl my fingers into her pretty blonde hair. I yank her to my level, unfortunately she's a bit taller than I in her high heels right now.

I lean into her more and widen my eyes to look more threatening. I've had a terribly long few weeks.

"Listen you rat bitch, you've mistaken something horribly. I'm not the prey in this scenario. You are." I affirm. I'm the lion that sneaks all the way down from the highest mountain into your room just to rip you apart for sport.

When a bloom of panic presents itself in her green eyes, it comes across clear as water; I know I've successfully cornered her. A delightful, vengeful emotion molds my heart into an arrow and I strike at the kill spot without hesitation. A malicious Cheshire grin moves across my chapped lips.

I tighten my grip even more and pull the strands from their sections. The strands a clump a tribute to my past when she did so to me.
Her eyes glisten and I become increasingly satisfied at this notion.

She tries to catch the floating hair falling to the dirty ground after I've already let go.

"Goodbye now, dear." Hobbling back to nana's arms, Davina stares at me open mouthed, "I hope to cause much more apprehension in the near.. very near future."

My throat complains but I continue to say my last passing thought.
"If I were you, I'd be more careful."

We exit the palace, the guards all the while avoiding being in my prescense of twenty feet after witnessing my win. I climb aboard and lean against the wall opposite of the door. I shut my eyelids. I'm exhausted, so exhausted of it all. My body creaks and groans it's protest every time I shift. I grumble and roll my eyes after realizing that Prince Laurent will here about the threat against his beloved's life.