The Star From The Abyss

Prologυe: Тнe Ѕтar Ғroм Тнe Aвyѕѕ

•••

She stared at the man standing above her

She stared at the man standing above her. Looking down on her he sneered. His black eyes were all too unfeeling. And although she knew it was a guise, she missed the soft gaze when he looked her direction. Missed the tender words he spoke towards her love. She missed his small but lingering smiles.

But she also realized something. She wasn't who she thought she was. She wasn't the hero of this story, she was the villain. And no one would mourn for her absence. They would instead dance on her grave and sing melodies born of her great defeat. The evil witch has finally fallen. And sadly nobody ever misses the antagonist of the story.

The light faded all too slowly. Her hands struggled to grasp onto the rope gripping her neck. Her frail nails cracking at the will for life. Her body twitched like a fish out of water. It felt like her lungs were being incinerated. The bruising that ensued couldn't be felt though. The pounding of her head took too much of her attention. The way it felt like it was going to burst from the racing and powerful heart beat going through it.

When her body stilled, it started to become better. She began to feel at peace with everything. No sadness, no pain, no humiliation, no nothing.

She smiled a frown as a lone tear drop trailed down to her chin. Before finally having met its entangled fate into the dirt below.