Chapter 21: Keep Your Head In The Game

Author's Note: this picture does things to me 😩🥵 ok bye 😗✌️

*Angel's POV*

I felt the beat all over my limbs as my every step made a bang on the floor. The dancing studio was fogged with heat from the closed windows and sweaty moves. The music was loud enough so the whole house shouted its words to the neighborhood. My mind was disconnected from space and time, but it was carefully focused on the rhythm which my body followed. After two hours of nonstop dancing, I finally collapsed on the floor to let my heartbeat drop to its normal rate. My aggressive breathing echoed on the room as the playlist ended.

It's Saturday, a day after Michael dropped me off and left me with his way-too-expensive glasses. I've been...worried? Confused? Angry? Not for the obvious reasons but because I'm...ok. One would think that a day after a pervert old man choked you and tried to assault you that you would be traumatized.

But I'm fine. Which is why I'm worried. Should I be freaking out right now? Should I be crying on the corner of my room and hiding my body? Instead...I was just dancing my ass off to Baby Got Back by Sir-Mix-A-Lot in shorts and a Batman tank top.

I'm going crazy here. Maybe it's because of the fact that nothing actually happened -thanks to god- that son of a bitch didn't get to do anything to me. Well, technically, thanks to Michael because he got there just on time. Should I even be thinking about my SEX INSTRUCTOR right now? Should I really start seeing him as 'Michael' and not my instructor? UGH I don't know. All I know is that I want to forget about that moment and focus on living my life.

Yup...that's what I'm gonna do. Put it behind me.

Another thing that's been eating at me is the way I spoke to Lisa. I know she's a bad person and she sure crossed the line by bringing back my worst memories. But that's not how my mother raised me. I can't give out the same disgusting energy as her. Mami taught me to always be kind to everyone, no matter what they've done. It's the smart road. "Kill em' with kindness mi amor, that hurts more than any other revenge in the world. Know why? Cause that shows that you're better than them in every way possible." My mother's words are what always keep me going, and this isn't an exception.

So yes, I have to put this behind me.

"But soon enough you'll get these little flashbacks from time to time that will give you really big panic attacks." I remembered Michael's words that were printed in my subconscious.

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see. Right now, the last thing I want to think about is the word panic. But there's one word that keeps echoing in my mind no matter what I do to push it back, or should I say, name? Michael. I think yesterday I was so distracted by everything that I didn't really have time to process everything that happened between us. All I have to say is...

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! HE'S NOT A STONE-COLD HEARTED MOTHERFUCKER! He has a heart, and it works properly dammit! Which is a direct pass for me. Pass for what you ask? A pass to continue my plan. To uncover him, the real him. The man behind the hard-headed, mysterious, sexy asshole of which I still don't know anything about. I mean...at least I know he's a good singer, and his favorite colors are my favorite colors, his favorite drink, that he's surprisingly humble and that he has childhood trauma as well as me. That's all. Great.

A loud ringtone noise cheered through the room, which made me flinch and hit my head on the floor. Dammit that hurt like a bitch!!

"Shit! Geez..." I groaned while rubbing my head and getting up. I walked over to my phone which was on top of the speaker and looked at the caller.