Chapter 3

Alexander's POV:

We pull up to a run down neighbourhood, there were drunk people on the sidewalks and rats crawling threw the buildings. I look back at Bella to ask if we made a wrong turn, but to my dismay she was just looking out the window. We get out of the car and head towards a beat up house. I was small and looked like it would break if a gust of wind hit it.

"Home sweet home" she chuckles dryly. She opens up the door to the house with her keys and we step inside. The inside wasn't any better, there were beer bottles littering the entire house. There was no couch or furniture for that matter. Just a plastic chair and some flyers on the floor. Bella then walks up the stairs and into what I'm assuming is her room. I climb up the creeky steps and look closely at the floor. If I weren't looking closely I wouldn't have noticed the blood covering the harwood floor. This makes my blood boil. It couldn't be Bella's could it? I thought to myself. I walk into her room and look around. I didn't see much other than a small drawer and a very flash mattress.

"Okay I'm done packing" she says. I look over at her and look down at the small bag she was holding.

"That's all your bringing with you?" I ask. She nods her head and walks out of her room. Something in her just radiates power. Her footsteps stride with pure confidence and authority. No that I think about it, she looks like a younger and girl version of me. I then remember her bag and quickly run after her. She was near the front door about to leave the house.

"But that's nothing, aren't you going to bring more?" I ask. She looks me dead in the eyes and says "that's all I have". I stand there in a state of shock. She has got to have more clothes than what's in her tiny bag.

"I'm going to help Spencer pack up his stuff, I'll be back later, you can do whatever you want till then" she states.

"I'm going with you" I say leaving no room to object. She sighs and nods. We get into the car and drive off to a nicer part of town. It wasn't luxurious or anything, but it had a warm and cozy vibe to it. Bella told me to stop at a 1 story house. I had a cute little porch and flowers surrounding the garden. We walk up the door and she rings the doorbell. Once the door opens Bella's entire mood changed. Her face changed from stone cold to warm and caring. A short women around 40 with curly black hair and big brown eyes opened the door. She beams when she sees Bella and wraps her into a tight hug.

"Oh Bella I'm so happy you came. Spencer told me about what happened and how you wouldn't be able to make to." She says while smiling sincerely at my princess.

"How could I miss the opportunity to eat your famous chicken pot pie" Bella says by giving her a sly smile. Mrs. Johnson I assume was her name rolled her eyes and smacked Bella behind the head.

"Child please and here I thought you came her cause you missed me." Mrs. Johnson says while shaking her head. We walk into the home and Bella gives off a heart warming laugh. It was a genuine laugh, not the fake one or even a chuckle. They must be close. I thought to myself. Mrs. Johnson then looks up at me. She raises an eyebrow and asks Bella.

"And who must this handsome young man be?" Bella rolls her eyes earning her another smack behind the head and says "this here is my brother Alexander." I stick my hand out for her to shake, but Mrs. Johnson pulls me into a hug. It has been so long since I have ever gotten a hug from a motherly figure and it felt nice.

"I know that laugh anywhere!" A man around my height yells out. He walks into the hallway and Bella runs up to him. She tackles him into a gigantic hug and starts joking around with him. He sees me and introduces himself as Mr. Johnson and I do the same. Bella asks where Spencer is and runs up the stairs to help him, while I go into the kitchen with the 2 parents and talk with them. They tell me stories of Bella. Turns out they've known her since she was 4 and a half. They also tell me that she is here almost everyday and she even got her own spot in the Johnson Christmas photo. They spoke about her with pride. It was like they were talking about their own child.

"She's one tough cookie to crack, but once you get to know the real her, she is the most precious thing in the world." Mr. Johnson says. I nod my head and tell them that I won't give up on her.

After about half an our Bella and Spencer come down the stair, both had bloodshot red eyes and swollen noses. Mrs. Johnson rushes to them and I stand up to help.

"What in gods name happened to you two?" Mrs. Johnson asks frantically, trying to find any source of injury on the both of them.

"We're not hurt ma, we were just remembering the good old times when we were young and carefree. We are gonna miss each other when we move to California and we just wanted to live our last day together to the fullest." Spencer says. Bella wraps her arms around Spencer and gives him a side hug.

"Where exactly are you guys moving to in California?" I ask.

"Around the west coast on Burbary lane." Mr. Johnson replies.

"Our house is on that lane too, we live at 203 Burbary Lane." I state.

"We live at 204" Mrs. Johnson says. Right then we hear two ear piercing screams.

"HOLY SHIT WE ARE GONNA BE NEIGHBOURS!!!" Both Spencer and Bella yell out. I probably have amusement written all over my face, Mr. Johnson just chuckled and Mrs. Johnson smacked them both at the back of the head for swearing.

The rest of the evening we all at a lovely dinner and joked around. Mrs. Johnson insistes that we stay a night because we were all going tot he same place tomorrow. I didn't object because I didn't think Bella wanted to leave either. Mr. Johnson led me to the guest room. I was reluctant to let Bella stay the night in Spencer's room but Mrs. Johnson assured me that they would be fine. I believed her and went into the guest room to get some sleep.

Today was definitely an eventful day. I thought as I felt myself got to sleep.