17: Situations taking a happy turn...

That night, Marinette cried her eyes out, she cried and cried until no more tears were left in her eyes to fall. All night, Tikki had consoled her, saying that everything would be fine. But Marinette didn't want to hear that. How can everything be fine, when Chat Noir had left her?  She was strong enough to protect herself, she was Ladybug, but Chat Noir didn't know that. All her thoughts about Chat Noir were filling her mind.

His flirtatious and cocky nature, his annoying puns, his cuteness, and lastly, his electric green eyes.

 She was completely exhausted by the crying and finally fell asleep very late at night. She had completely forgot that next day, she had school.

"Marinette! Wake up! Or else you'll be late for school." Sabine shouted from downstairs.

Marinette was having a terrible headache from yesterday's crying. She had stayed up late too.

"Mom, I am having a terrible headache, I will not go to school today." With that, she again collapsed in her bed, to get some rest, and hoping that Hawkmoth won't disturb her by akumatising someone else.

Meanwhile at school...

"Alya, do you know why Marinette didn't come to school today?" Nino asked at lunch break.

"How will I know? It's not like I care." Alya shrugged nonchalantly.

"Don't be so stone-hearted, I already miss her. She hasn't talked to me since your argument, and I know that you miss her too, but you are a bit arrogant to say that."

She just rolled her eyes, not having an answer.

"Oh! Come on, babe! You know, you can tell me anything, I will always be by your side. Now, tell me, don't you miss her."

She sighed, " What do you think, Nino? Of course, I miss her. She's my clumsy, klutzy, best friend and she'll remain like that. It's just that, I had been so rude and selfish with her, I don't know whether she will ever forgive me or not."

"Well! There's one way to find out, whether she will forgive you or not. Once the school ends, we will go to her house and you will apologize, okay?"

"As long as, you are with me, I'm ready."

"Hey guys! What are you two talking about?" Adrien asked, heading towards them.

"Well! We were planning to visit dudette.... I mean Marinette." Nino said.

"Great! Can I join you guys?" Adrien asked.

"Yes of course!" Nino said.

Meanwhile at Marinette's house....

"Tikki, why is life so difficult? Why can't it give me what I want. Besides, I have no one left now at school also. Things are taking a different turn." Marinette sighed. She has not talked with Alya and Nino since her and Alya's argument.

"Life is hard, Marinette. Everything does not happen the way you want it to be.  But life is not impossible. Life is itself a gift. I'm sure, you'll be able to handle it. Just stay positive." Tikki reassured. Honestly, Marinette was surprised at Tikki's behaviour. 

"How can Tikki, stay so positive, even at such difficult situations. Maybe I should learn something from my kwami."

When she was in her thoughts, her mother called her.

"Honey! Your friends are here to meet you."

She became confused. "What did she mean by 'friends'? Sure, there is Adrien, but he is a 'friend' and not 'friends'. " She just shrugged.