18: A mistake...

Recently, akuma attacks were happening very frequently again. Chat Noir has already told Marinette that he would do anything to protect her without breaking their relationship, even if it costed him his own life, but, it seemed that he was running unsuccessful in his plan.

All the akumatized villains were targeting Marinette, to get his miraculous. But somehow, she always managed to escape and Ladybug would show up. He was relieved by this fact, but he was worried for Marinette. He knew it was the best option to stay away from her, but how could he? She was the light in his otherwise dark life. How can anyone live without light? He couldn't live without her. So he had taken the decision of protecting her, but Hawkmoth was proving him wrong.

"Oh! Plagg! Stop munching on your camembert and please, help me out." Adrien said.

"Kid, I would say that Marinette is safe. Thinks-*If only he knew that Ladybug was Marinette, it would be so easy to explain to him.*"

"How can you say that? She's totally not safe." Adrien groaned.

"Fine! If you don't believe me, then don't ask for my advice and give me Camembert, I'm literally starving. I'm not an advice-giving kwami anyway!" Plagg irritatingly stated.

"Seriously, Plagg! You ate one piece just now. Now stop worrying me, I'm already worried." He said.

"If only I can tell Marinette as Adrien that how much I love her.... Wait what?? Yes! That is it!" 

"Plagg, if I get Marinette to like me as Adrien, then everything will be alright right?"

"Just throwing away a piece of smelling cheese, doesn't stop it from smelling, Adrien." Plagg shouted.

But Adrien didn't take Plagg's advice and he simply walked to school.

In school, Marinette looked so happy, her eyes were beaming with happiness and he knew the reason. She seemed so happy about their relationship without even caring about the harm that those supervillains could do her. She was so sweet. He made up his mind to pursue her as Adrien.

After, school Adrien walked to Marinette and said, " Hey! Uhm.. Mari! Can I walk you to home?"

"Yeah, sure!" She smiled. They two started walking together, their arms brushing. 

"Marinette, are you dating Chat Noir? " He asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Marinette froze. "How did he know about Chat Noir? Does that mean, everyone in school knows?" 

"Don't worry, Marinette, only I know about it and I will not tell anyone." Marinette relaxed.

"Um..Yes, we're dating." She finally said.

"Don't you know that you're in danger by dating a superhero?" He asked, curiously.

"Yeah, I know, but he is worth it. He's the one, who stood up beside me in times of distress, especially when you rejected, me, Adrien and I love him more than anything. The fact that all villains are after me doesn't matter as long as he is with me. When everything turns up against me, I find hope in his ever so electrifying emerald green eyes." 

Adrien couldn't control his love when he heard Marinette talk about him, well his alter ego. He then and their kissed Marinette.

It was a dream come true for Marinette. She had always longed for Adrien to kiss her, but why now, especially when she has a boyfriend about whom she cares deeply. Why didn't it happen earlier? Why? Her mind was racing.

She quickly pulled away, tears falling from her bluebell eyes, which were now dull. She was sad, furious, and enraged by Adrien's behaviour. She couldn't control herself and she slapped Adrien hard across the face.

"What do you think, you're doing? You're the one who broke my heart at the first place and now you're kissing me??!!?? I never knew that you were a pervert, Adrien." She shouted.

"Um.. I was thinking about you.", was all Adrien could say.

"No, absolutely not! You were thinking about yourself. Get lost, Adrien, I hate you! How could you?" She started sobbing and then she ran away from Adrien.

Adrien was heartbroken. He knew that he made a terrible mistake. As he watched, Marinette running, the only words that came out of his mouth was, " Don't leave me Alone, princess!

Plagg suddenly came out of his holder's pocket and said," I told you, that throwing away a piece of smelling cheese, doesn't stop it from smelling, but you didn't listen. Now you are the only one who can correct your relationship as Adrien. Go kid, before it's too late."

He quickly responded to Plagg's advice and started running after Marinette, but he was too late.

When he was running, he heard a muffled scream and it was a very familiar voice, he could recall it..

"Marinette.."  He ran desperately searching for her.

I hate cliffhangers, and I used to get irritated by the cliffhangers which various authors put in their story, but now I feel, what its like.. Muahhahaaaa! I'm very evil..

Hehe! Anyway, don't forget to 
vote?
comment?

"So what do you guys think, has happened to our sweet heroine, Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

Anyway! Bye, bye, my lovelies! Love you!