22: You have to live for me...

From the previous part:
Plagg was extremely saddened. He had experienced the deaths of several Chat Noirs but this one was too painful. All those memories of cheese, the first time they met, their conversation about Ladybug.... flashed into his mind. Tears flowed down his cheeks, and fell into Adrien's face.

While Plagg was crying, he felt someone lift him up. He immediately opened his eyes and saw Adrien holding him in his hands and flashing a weak smile. At that moment his joy knew no bounds. He quickly went and hugged Adrien though he was too small to hug Adrien. 

"Ugh, kid, you scared me." Plagg said, wiping his tears.

"Um.. I fell unconscious after using that amount of energy." Adrien replied.

"From next time, please tell me before falling unconscious, atleast I don't have to drain my tears, and you know I am not an emotional kwami. So stop torturing me like that." Plagg annoyingly said, returning to his 'cheese-loving' self.

Adrien playfully rolled his eyes. Then his eyes landed on Marinette.

"Oh, my gosh, Mari." Marinette was lying still in a pool of blood, with her cold body, numb hands, blood stained dress and pale face. "No, no, no, no, Mari, you have to live atleast for me. Please open your eyes. See I'm here." When nothing happened, he started shaking Mari and shouting her name but in vain. Tears flowed abruptly from his cheeks. He hugged her tightly, close to his own body. Then he felt it, yes he felt it.

He could hear her heart beating very slowly. Without wasting a second he pulled out his phone and called the ambulance. Then, he picked up Mari, and layed her on his couch (you know they were in Hawkmoth's lair and right above it, was Adrien's house). He then looked up at his father annoyingly and pulled him outside the lair and layed him on his bed. Then he took a last glance at the lair, previously known as Hawkmoth's lair.

"Before leaving, we have a last thing to do. Plagg, claws out!" He called for his transformation and yelled, "Cataclysm!" and then destroyed the whole lair so that his father would never be able to discover it ever again, though he had already erased his memory.

It didn't take much time for the ambulance to come. They picked up Marinette and Adrien and drove away to the hospital. Tikki and Plagg were inside Adrien's shirt. 

Plagg was comforting Tikki who was crying her eyes out on his shoulder. Marinette, her holder, was not only her holder, she was also her first friend. All the Ladybugs were kind to her but they never saw her as a friend with whom they could share their secrets. At first, Tikki had not expected Marinette to befriend her, she thought that Marinette was like other holders, but she was wrong, she had almost shared all secrets with her, even those secrets which she couldn't share with Alya. She had also made her a cute little house where Tikki could sleep comfortably. Marinette had got hurt a thousand number of times, but never in her wildest dreams, could Tikki imagine seeing Marinette in this condition.

Soon they reached the hospital and the doctor told Adrien to stay out. They took Marinette in another room and her treatment started. Her parents and classmates, along with Master Fu had arrived. They were told that Marinette was hit by a car, except Master Fu of course.

Sabine was crying on Tom's chest, while Tom was holding back tears which were forming in his eyes. All the students were sad, along with Mrs.Bustier and Master Fu. 

After a long moment of waiting, the doctor finally came out with a sombre face. That was it. Adrien rushed to the doctor and said, "How is Mari..Marinette?" The doctor remained awfully quiet. 

"Could that mean, Marinette is.... No, this can't happen." Tears were falling down his cheeks and he started shaking the doctor by his collar, "I said, how is Marinette?", the last words came out of his mouth more like a growl.

"Young man, you called the ambulance at a good time because if you had been late, she could have died, from the amount of blood that she has shed. But, still, the chances of her survival is very less. She's in a coma and her heartbeat is gradually slowing down. She needs to wake up from her coma for the proper functioning of her heart and I'm sorry to say that, if she doesn't wake up before tomorrow, then I'm afraid that she would be dead." The doctor claimed, his gaze diverting to the floor.

Adrien let go of the collar which he was holding and sank to his knees. He couldn't live without her. She was the light of his life and no one can survive without light. Her laugh was the sweetest music to his ears. Her giggles always made his day, no matter with what hardships he was going through, he always found hope in her. Never in his nightmares had he thought that such a day like this would come. The day, he fell in love with her, from that day, he dreamt of marrying her. They would have 3 kids, and a hamster. He had made a promise to himself that he would keep his Marinette safe, yet he failed.

"C-can I s-see he-her?" He managed to blurt the question in between his sobs.

The doctor nodded. That was what he was waiting for, because as soon as the doctor nodded, he rushed to her room.

There she was, lying in the bed as calm and peaceful as the night. He sat on a chair in front of her, and took her hand in his.

"Mari, Marinette, princess, it's me. Please open your eyes. Don't you want to see your prince charming?" He told all the funny and annoying puns which Marinette hated, but in vain. Neither would she speak, nor would she open her eyes. "Marinette, wake upppppppp!" Adrien shouted so loudly that it could be heard from outside the hospital. "Please, princess, Don't leave me Alone. I have no one left besides you. I don't want to continue my life with that horrible man.  You have to live, please, at least for me, for the whole city, they wouldn't want their Ladybug to die, would they?" These words came as a whisper.

Sabine and Tom were broken. Marinette, their honey, was in the worst situation and yet they were not able to do anything to save her. They remembered the time when she was born. They were so overjoyed. She was like a bud whom they cherished with their own hands and now that bud was on the verge of death. As for Sabine, she had never had that pain in her chest, which was erupting now, because we all know that a mother makes tons of sacrifices for her child and when they get hurt or even the slightest of injury takes place, she also feels the pain. Tom, was very fond of his daughter. He loved him with all his heart.

Master Fu, was on the verge of tears, but he hold them back. She was like a grandchild to him, and the best chosen Ladybug ever. She had the power of luck in her since her birth without the costume. She granted luck unknowingly to people in need of it. Oh, how ironic was it. She granted everyone luck, yet she was herself unlucky.

Yes, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the sweetest, kindest, perfect, beautiful, clumsy, shy and klutzy girl was approaching death and as much pained her loved ones were for her, they could do nothing. She had to do this on her own.

~1348 words
Okay, guys,you must be thinking, why didn't I post it earlier. It's because I was writing the story on wattpad and almost finished it, but when I was about to give the picture of the heart, all the story disappeared and I had to write it again. Hehe! Anyways, if you didn't hate the story, please,

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

What do you think, will Marinette die? Comment your opinions

Which one is your favourite disney princess?

Anyway, baibai, cya tomorrow...

Love,
~Serena...