Chapter 3

"Are you all ready to leave?" Jake asked the next morning.
"Yes," we said.
The place was very calming. I didn't want to leave but had to.
"Stupid creature destroyed everything" I whispered to Chris.
He just smiled back. Last night after our kiss, I could only think about him. From the first day, Chris has been a "Mystery guy". But all my questions, frustration and irritation had vanished after that kiss.  It felt different.
"So we'll go back as we came here. Okay?" Jake asked.
"But how will Chris go?" Alice asked.
"Oh, I have my car. I'll go" he said with a smile.
"Alone?" Mark asked.
"Oh, I'll accompany him," I said without hesitation.
"Sure?" Monica asked.
"Yeah" I replied.
We waited for the others to leave so that we could follow them. I opened the door to the back seat when Chris came and closed the door.
"What?" I asked.
"Front seat, madam," he said smiling. I smiled back and he opened the door for me.
We were all silent and that was creeping the hell out of me so finally, I asked "Where and with whom do you stay?".
"I stay in your heart," he said looking straight towards the road.
We both chuckled. How romantic, I thought.
"I live with my uncle" he finally said.
"And your parents?" I asked.
He hesitated a bit and then answered " they left me when I was ten".
"I am sorry to hear that," I said.
After a while, I reached home. He stopped the car right in front of my house.
"Thank you," I said getting out if the car.
"No thank you for coming with me," he said.
"So bye??" I asked.
"Don't feel like but ya bye" he said.
I waved him a bye and went to open the door with my kye when he called my name.
"Mia...wait"
I turned back to look at him.
"Can we exchange numbers?" He asked.
I smiled and gave him my number and he gave me his. After that, I opened the door and went to my mom.
"Mom I'm home" I yelled.
"Mia?" I heard her shouting. She came out of the kitchen covered in some white powered.
"What have you done to yourself?" I asked.
We both laughed cause' ya, she looked funny.
"You were supposed to come after two days right?" She asked.
"Yeah ..but Monica felt sick so we had to return," I said. I did not want her to know about that creature and then panic. I went up to my room. I lie back on my bed, grabbing my pillow and putting it over my face, trying to stop smiling and thinking about Chris.

I jolt awake from a nap as my phone vibrated and my screen lit up.  I sit up and swipe right to read a message from Chris.
"Meet me at 8... I am sending the address attached"
I roll out of my bed confused but happy to meet him. I went to the washroom to fresh up and then applied some makeup on. I checked the time. It was 7:15. It would take some time to reach and I didn't want to be late so I left the house telling my mom that I was going to meet my friends. The place was not too far so I decided to walk. I reached the place and saw that it was a park with a fountain there. Splashes of water dropped on my hand. I waited and waited for Chris. I checked the time. It was 8. He would be here anytime. I turned on my front camera to check my makeup. I waited patiently and then again checked the time. It was 8:15. Where was he? I thought. All of a sudden I heard someone playing the guitar. I didn't see anyone, so I started looking here and there and then saw a boy sitting on the bench with a guitar. He looked familiar. It was from Chris. I went too him smiling. He looked at me and started singing.

"There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

"I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason"

Finally, after singing the last line he bent down on his knees and handed me a rose and softly asked "Mia, will you be my girlfriend?". He smiled. Without any hesitation, I nodded and hugged him.
"Yes Chris, yes" I whispered.
"Mia now there is something which I need you to know," he said his expressions changing.
"What?" I asked.
"No ..not now. I have arranged a small date for us at my house. I'll send you my address tomorrow. Do come" he said.
I blushed a bit and could feel my cheeks getting warmer.
"Hey Mia," he said stroking his fingers through my hair. "Will you ever leave me?" he continued.
I looked at him all confused. "Never" I replied with a smile.
"I hope so," he said. The mystery guy had returned. I checked the time. It was 9.
"I think I should leave now," I said blushing.
"Should I drop you?" He asked.
"No, I'll go. Thanks " I said.
We gently kissed and said bye. But before going he whispered something in my ears.
"Take care. Will is looking out for you" he said. But before I could ask anything about Will, Chris left. I looked around to see but there was no one, or at least I thought so......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is chapter three. The next chapters are gonna change the whole story. Do vote if you find this story interesting and don't forget to leave your lovely comments. Thank you. Have a nice day ahead.