Chapter 24

I dragged my bag through the lobby and stood near Xavier's room. I knocked but he did not open.
"We are leaving Xavier," I shouted.
"I don't care. Go to hell!!" He shouted from the other side.
"I am sorry," I said and knocked once again.
"Let's go. The car is ready." Chris said.
I nodded.
"Hope we never meet. A tip for you. Go and take a shower cause you stink." Will said before leaving. The receptionist thanked us and we left our hotel and went to the car which we had rented.
"Who is going to drive?" Chris asked.
"I will," I said and hopped in the driver's seat. Will sat in the front seat beside me and gave me a weird look like I had committed a crime.
"Call 991 and say that there is going to be a terrible accident," Will said.
"Mia, we don't want to die in a car accident," Chris said.
"Now can you guys shut up?" I said and started driving. I drove faster than usual.
"Holy Crap!! Three dead bodies will lie on the ground very soon." Will said closing his eyes. After an hour Chris and Will had fallen asleep. I kept my eyes fixed on the road but watched Will from the corner of my eye. How badly I wanted to hug him and say that he was the perfect guy for me.
"Today I will confess my feelings." I thought.
It took more than 12 hours to reach home and we even took small breaks in between. I drove the whole way because my idiot friends were sleeping most of the time. When we were about to reach I honked loudly making Will and Chris jump from their seats.
"What the hell?" Will said.
"Thanks for sleeping the whole way," I said.
"Did we reach?" Chris asked like I was his mom, and that we were going for a picnic.
"No, but we will," I said.
"Wait. Where are we going?" Will asked.
"Christopher house right?" Chris asked.
"No, she coming with me right?" Will asked.
"My house," Will argued.
"No" Chris teased.
"Yes"
"No"
"You are an asshole"
"You are a jerk"
They kept on arguing.
"Guys wait. First, I will go to 'Christopher house'. I need to speak to Chris. Then I'll come to your house, Will." I said.
"Whatever," Will said sounding a bit disappointed.
I parked the car near Chris's house and told Will to go home in the car. Chris opened the door and we got in. It felt good to come home after a while. Chris stopped in the hallway and stood facing me with his hands in his pockets. I did not know how to start the conversation. How to say that I did not love him anymore. The thought of me hurting him was unbearable. 
"Umm....." I said and cleared my throat.
"I have been trying to say this for a while now." I started.
"I know." He said with the same calmness in his voice.
"No no, it's not what you think," I said looking confused.
"I know what you want to say," Chris said.
"Chris it's not what you are thinking," I said and took a step closer to him.
"I know you love Will." He said raising his chin up.
"Oh, you know." I murmured. I did not understand anything.
"I read your journal." He said.
"You read my what?" I asked.
"This is not the first time I read it. I always do." He said smiling.
I did not know how to respond. It was so difficult.
"I don't know how to say this but yes I am in love with Will. I don't know how but I am. I never wanted this to happen. I wanted our relationship to be perfect as destiny had planned but I don't know how but Will makes me feel more alive. He makes me feel happy and perfect just the way I am." I said biting my lip, trying not to cry because Chris was looking sad. Of course, he would be sad. It was not a matter of a month, I had dated him for more than a thousand years.
He was silent, making me feel awkward and terrible.
"I understand. It's your life and I respect your decision. Always remember I will always stand by you. Even if your love has changed for me, mine won't." Chris said.
"You are angry, right?" I asked. I felt miserable.
"I am hurt not angry." He said calmly.
"I am so sorry," I said and burst into tears.
"Don't be sorry. Maybe this time I am not lucky enough to have you in my life." He said taking his hands out from his pocket.
"You will always be in my life, but not in my heart. And I love you, but I am in love with Will." I said emphasizing on in.
"He will love you more than I did. Now go, run. Tell him before it is too late." Chris said pushing me slightly. I could feel his heart tearing apart. He was sad, disappointed. A tear rolled down but he wiped it too quickly.
"Thanks," I said wiping my tears.
"Mia," Chris said stopping me. I turned back to face him, one last time.
"Goodbye." He said. Hearing what he said tore me apart and made me feel more terrible.
I held the pendant which Chris had given me and then gave it back to Chris. For the first time, I could see tears in his eyes.
"There is no goodbye for us Chris. We will meet again, very soon." I said and left his house to go confess my feelings to Will, to start a new life with the person I loved the most, Will.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey guys! Here is chapter twenty-four. Please vote and do leave your lovely comments. The next chapter, which is chapter twenty-five, will be very special because Book I will be over. I will post Book II very soon, so don't worry. Stay safe and take care. Have a nice day/night ahead.