Chapter 23

Will and I were sitting together, holding hands. We shared a smile, the most realistic one. He leaned forward and tucked my hair behind my ear. I could feel the heat of his skin. His sea-green eyes were gazing at me. He took a step forward, one more and...
"Wake up!! Are you deaf?" I heard someone say. I wrenched up from my bed and saw Will standing with his bossy figure on.
"Wait if you are here and who was that?" I murmured thinking about the dream.
"Okay, we are late and Xavier is ready to burst any time soon. So you better get up." Will said. I nodded and quickly freshened up and brushed my hair and then hurried to meet Xavier and the rest.
"Late again," Xavier said as he sat in the car and started driving.
"Sorry," I said, hopping in the car.
"So the witch asked us to wait near La-Sainte-Chapelle." I reminded them.
"Yes," Chris said.
The place was not too far so we reached soon. I got out of the car and took a glimpse of the place. There was a white Church with many statues of angels who were either sitting on their knees or holding a sword. The place was holy and pleasant.
"Where is the witch?" Will asked.
"She will come," I assured.
We waited for almost an hour but there was no news from her.
"What the hell. Why isn't she coming?" Xavier said stomping his foot.
"She lied," Chris said.
"Looking for her?" We heard someone say. We turned back to see Denver standing. He was holding the witch's beheaded body. I screamed looking at her body.
"What the hell." I shrieked as he threw the body towards his right.
"Are you insane?" Will shrieked.
"There is one more surprise." He said and moved aside to show us a silver-colored chest.
"What's that?" I asked stepping forward.
"See for yourself," Denver said opening the chest. A bright light shone and when I squinted my eyes I saw a sword.
"It's the sword," Chris said.
"How did you find it?" I asked surprised.
"Oh, the witches gave it to me so I did not have to touch it," Denver said.
"Give this to us," Xavier said.
"Okay," Denver said and took out a pocket lighter.
"Don't." I shrieked.
"What?" Denver asked and lit the fire and threw it in the chest. The chest immediately caught the fire and burned with the sword inside.
"Nooo don't." I kept on screaming.
The sword was our only way to save people and that was gone. Tears started streaming down my cheeks and fell on the ground.
"What the hell did you do." Xavier shrieked and flapped his wings to attack Denver. But Denver pushed him away with great force making Xavier groan in pain.
"It's gone. It's gone." I kept on murmuring.
"You dick," Will yelled.
"Now you see. I am sparing your lives. Pack your bags and leave this place forever." Denver said and flew away. Everyone was disappointed. Our efforts were all wasted. Will helped me sit in the car. We were silent the whole way. Xavier was disappointed and frustrated. It was his plan to kill Denver but now we had no choice. We reached our hotel and gathered in my room. Nobody spoke a word.
"We will leave tomorrow," I said to Xavier.
"What? Why? Just because Denver said to leave we can't lose hope." Xavier said.
"What hope? The sword is gone. Gone forever. Now if we even want to do anything we can't." Will said.
"Mia, listen you can't go. We will figure out something." Xavier said trying to convince me.
"We will leave. That's final." I said.
"Do you even know how it feels to lose the people you love? Your dad killed my whole family and I want to take revenge. But you....you don't know how sad it is to lose your loved ones." Xavier shrieked.
"Oh really? I lost Abby, my mom, Alice, and figured out that Denver is my dad. And you say that I don't know how it feels? I have suffered enough so don't you dare throw that excuse on my face again." I yelled back.
"Guys guys. Calm down." Chris said.
"You never tried," Xavier said pointing towards me.
"Hey wait. I sacrificed my powers and you say I did not try? I came to Chicago and you say I did not try?" I yelled.
"The sword is gone. It's better we go back and start fresh. Denver will look for you, Xavier. So it's better you hide." Chris said.
"I will erase all these memories and throw this chapter out of my life. So it's over. I am sorry." I said.
"Go to hell," Xavier said and left the room.
"We will leave tomorrow so I will go and pack my bags," Will said and left me and Chris alone. I hugged Chris and started sobbing.
"Why?" This was the only word that came out. I sobbed till I couldn't breathe and then went to the washroom to cry even more. When I came out I saw that Chris was not there. I packed my bag. Then I took out my journal and started writing.
"Hey Diary,
Today was the worst day. We lost the only way to kill Archangels, to kill Denver. I feel miserable. I understand that Xavier wants to kill Denver. His reason is very obvious but that doesn't mean that he will make me feel guilty over and over again. I tried my best but failed. And about Will. My feelings did not change and it's time I confess it to Will. We will leave tomorrow for Los Angeles, our home. I will confess everything tomorrow.
Love,
Mia."
I kept my journal away and went to my bed and cried until I dozed off to sleep.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is chapter twenty-three. Don't forget to vote. Leave your lovely comments. Stay safe and take care. Have a nice day ahead.