Chapter 5

Will looked at me and gave me an evil smile.
"Hope to see you soon, baby," he said and flew away.
I tried to get up but couldn't. I was sweating with all the fear. Chris helped me to get up.
"I am so sorry Mia." He said.
"No, I am sorry. I am sorry for trusting you. I am sorry that you just stood there like an idiot when Will was scaring the shit out of me. I am sorry that I had to see you just standing there looking at me when I was falling off the bridge" I said bursting at him. My anger took troll on me. "Enough is enough," I said picking up my backpack.
"Mia but.," he said.
"No," I said showing him my hand.
"Chris, it's even difficult for me. I don't know about my before life but I love you now. Yes, I do, but if I stay with you, Will is going to kill everyone I love. And I can't afford that" I said and then paused trying to cool down.
"I don't have a bunch of people who love me, but there are a few people who care about me and I can't afford to lose them. No, I can't Chris. I know Will is not going to stop, but if he sees me with you, he is gonna do something eviler." I said. Tears rolled down my eyes. I loved Chris and I didn't want him to leave me. Chris stood there, all silent looking at me.
"If we are destined to be with each other, we will meet again. But for now, it's all over. I am sorry Chris" I said and turned too quick, away from him, to hide my tears. And this time he didn't follow me.
I reached home and ignored my mom. I went straight up to my room and hugged my pillow tight and started weeping. There was something different about Chris. There was some sort of connection. I thought we would be forever together..but everything was over.
I cried till my pillow was all wet. Then I stood up and wiped my tears away and started reading more about fallen angels. But all I could find was stories. And what else could have I found? Who knew they were real. Then I heard someone ringing our doorbell. After a second I heard mom calling me "Mia there is a guy named Will here. He is calling you".
"Will" I shouted.
"Mom stay away from him" I shouted and hurried down the stairs. I reached the door and my eyes popped out when I saw my mom lying down on the floor, blood coming out of her chest. I stood there all shocked. I couldn't save her. I looked at Will and started yelling "Why did you do that? Why? You should have killed me, but why her?" I said trying to shake my mom.
"Mom" I cried. My vision getting blurred.
"Mia" I heard someone calling out and saw Chris coming towards my house.
Will faced him and said "Surprise".
Chris saw my mom. He then looked at Will and pushed him very hard with all his force.
"Oh that was hard," Will said getting up.
"Why the heck did you do that ?" Chris yelled.
"I don't feel like answering," Will said and flew away, flapping his big black wings.
Chris looked at me. I just looked at my mom. Will was so insane. He did not have any feelings. His heart was made up of stone. I called an ambulance and they took my mom.
I hugged Chris and started crying so hard. He gave me time until I stopped crying.
"I don't have anyone else now, Chris," I said crying.
Chris was silent.
"Where should I go now?" I asked, my throat all dried up.
"You can stay with me. That's where you have always stayed." He said.
I nodded because I knew I had nowhere else to go.
I went to my room to pack my clothes and all the necessary things. I couldn't believe I was leaving my room in which I had spent so many years. Chris waited for me downstairs.
I went down and he opened the door for me. I sat inside his car and he started driving. We were silent the whole way. After reaching his house, he helped me settle with my things and took me to a room.  It was quite a big room with a big bookshelf. I opened the closet and saw a girl's photo.  She looked exactly like me.
"That's you ." He said.
"So you were telling the truth?" I asked.
He nodded in agreement and then said "I will be in the next room. Call me if you need anything" he said and left, leaving me all alone. I was unpacking my suitcase when I got a message. I swiped right to see a message from an unknown number.
It read *Look to your left*. That was creepy. I looked to my left and saw a mirror, then I got one more message. *Now look behind you*.
I turned back to see Will standing behind me. "Oh not again " I yelled.
"Surprised baby?" He asked picking up a knife from the table beside me.
I gulped nervously and then answered, "Gonna kill me, uh?".
He smiled tossing and turning the knife in his hands. He took a step forward and said
"Remember your best friend? Umm..what was her name ...Mya?.....Amelia?...What was it.."
"Abby," I said all surprised.
"How do you know her?" I asked.
"So who do you think would know her better?" He said with a smirk.
"No..no Will. Don't say what I am thinking is correct." I said, my tears ready to fall on my face anytime now.
"24th June, last year, a girl named Abby was found dead and ...who killed her? A handsome...named young person who is actually 100 years old but looks like 21. And that's me." He said emphasizing each word.
I couldn't believe him. Did he kill my mom and even my best friend? I tried not to cry but failed. How could someone be so stone-hearted?. I wanted to say a million things to him but couldn't. And most importantly, he would never understand. Never.
Will came forward with that knife and opened his mouth to say something when Chris came inside holding a bottle in his hand. He looked at Will all surprised. His expression immediately changed and he kept the bottle on the table so hard, that the table broke into two pieces. Then he came near Will with a velocity greater than that of lighting. He held Will by his neck with all his force and this could be clearly understood because Will was coughing. Chris let him go and punched him hard on his stomach. Will scowled.
"What do you want?" Chris asked raising his eyebrows in anger.
"I want you dead," Will said piercing the knife on Chris's chest. Chris cried in pain. I went to Chris and saw blood coming out of the wounded spot. "Arghh" he cried. Luckily he was an angel so the wound healed quickly.
"Why are you so rude all the time?". I asked Will baffled.
" Awww, sorry for not being the sweet, gentleman" Will said taunting me.
"I hate you so much," I said.
"IDC," he said and flew out of the window.
"Go to hell," I said yelling at him who was hardly noticeable.
I sat down on the bed and began saying all sorts of stuff about Will.
"He is so mean, stupid. I hate him so much" I said to Chris.
"No Mia," Chris said closing his eyes.
"What no? He killed my mom and my best friend and even tried to kill you, Chris" I said my voice rising higher.
"Don't you think even we are responsible for his actions?" He asked.
I raised an eyebrow and he continued "Will have always loved you. He got cast out of heaven and got the title " the fallen angel". This is not at all easy, Mia. Leaving a happy life for someone who does not even love you back is not at all easy. I know he has killed your mom and your best friend. But as far as I know, Will always does something for a purpose. He can be as good as a gentleman if he wants and as bad as a devil."
I did not know how to react so I just stayed quiet.
"And you know one more thing?" Chris asked. He took a step forward and stroked his hand through my hair. "He loves you more than anyone in this world can. He pretends to hate you but still tries to protect you from all the dangers. He loves you more than me and in your heart, you know that, Mia. You know it" he said and left my room. Leaving me and my unsolved questions all alone.....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So here is chapter five. Don't forget to vote if you find this story interesting . Do leave your lovely comments. I love to read them. Thank you.  Stay safe. Have a nice day ahead.