Chapter 7

It was afternoon by the time we had reached Will's house. My head swung with all those flying. He opened the door for me. The hallway was filled with the fresh smell of roses. Will took me upstairs to a room that was bigger than the one from the Christopher house. He kept my suitcase in a corner and looked at me for the one last time, then left the room. I laid down on the bed and took out my phone from my pocket. There were thousands of messages and calls from Alice, Monica, and Jake. I decided to call Alice but then stopped. I couldn't tell her where I was. I couldn't tell her about Chris and Will. I did not want the whole world to know about them so I kept my phone upside down and tried to close my eyes to get some sleep. 

By the time I woke up, it was evening. I stretched my body, like a careless fellow, and then got up. I went up to the small balcony in the room and opened the windows letting some fresh air come in. For the first time in these days, I felt alive and happy. I looked to my right and could see Will's room. He was sitting at his desk and his expressions were serious. I saw his hair falling on his face. I could see the warmth in his eyes. There was something different about him. He did not look evil. I was staring at him and then he looked up. Our gaze met for a second and then I turned my head too quickly. "That was embarrassing" I mumbled. After a second or two, my phone vibrated with a message. It was from Will.
"Missing me so much ?" It read.
I looked at him and we both smiled, and this time his smile was not an evil one. I closed the window and sat on the bed, laughing at my foolishness.
After doing some work, I decided to call Chris. He didn't pick up so I left a voice mail.

"Hey, Chris. It's Mia. You didn't call me in a while. I tried to call you but you didn't pick up.  Call me when you get this voice mail. Miss you"
                               ********

"It's dinner time." I heard Will shout.
"Coming" I replied and quickly brushed my hair with my fingers and applied a bit of lip gloss. I walked down the stairs and saw that Will had kept the dinner plates ready. Two roses were kept beside the plates. The hallway was filled with the aroma of delicious food. He helped me sit and he sat in the other chair facing me. The food was indeed delicious.
"You cook well," I said finishing my food.
"Thanks" he replied.
My phone vibrated and I checked to see an incoming call from Chris.
"Thanks once again. Good night Will." I said and hurried back to my room.
"Oh!! Good night" I heard him say.
I knew he did not want me to leave so fast but then we always get on the wrong side. So I just avoided it. I saw another incoming call from Chris and I picked it up.
"Hi, Mia. Sorry couldn't pick up earlier." He said.
"Completely fine," I said. Before he could say anything else, I said that I had a terrible headache and hung up the call. For the first time, I did not feel like talking to him.
My phone again vibrated with a message. It was from Will.
"Happy birthday to the most gorgeous girl I have ever met". I checked the time. It was 12 am. I had totally forgotten about my birthday.
I smiled and wished myself "A very happy birthday Mia." All of a sudden I heard a knock on the window. I stood up and opened the curtains to see a white-colored bird flying. I smiled as I saw his face.
"Happy birthday Mia," he said.
"Thank you, Chris," I said and welcomed him in.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is chapter seven guys . I will upload the next chapter next week cause' i am working on The Moon Girl too. Do vote if you find this story interesting. If you have any suggestions or if you want to ask anything you can do it in the "conversation" place. Take care and stay safe. Have a great day ahead.