Chapter 28

3 days later.....
"Don't sleep, Mia," Will said shaking me with one hand and driving from the other.
"It's midnight, Will." I murmured.
I was sleeping peacefully in my room when Will waked me up and told me to get dressed. I did not want to go but he insisted. Then he picked me up and made me sit in the car. When I asked him where we were going he told me that it was a surprise and that I had to wait. Waiting was not my thing at all. My eyelids wanted to shut but Will kept on shaking me. I understood that he won't let me sleep, so I looked out of the window. The moon shone and the stars were twinkling. I poked my head out of the window and felt the wind. Then I looked at Will. He looked as handsome as he always looked. Looking at his peaceful face was my stress buster. I smiled and kissed him on his cheek.
"Save your kisses." He said smiling.
"God! You are making me curious. When will we reach?" I asked.
"We reached." He said. I heard the tires screech as he took a sharp turn and pulled me out of the car. We were standing in the middle of the road.
"What are we doing here?" I asked.
He did not reply and picked me up and took me to an open garden. The grass was a bit wet because it had rained in the afternoon. I looked at Will. He looked a bit nervous. He never looked nervous, never ever. I held his hand and gave him a warm smile.
"Now tell me, why did you bring me here?" I asked. He pointed upwards and when I looked up I was dumbfounded. The stars looked so clear, so shiny. I kept looking at the sky. Then I looked at Will. He was staring at me and then he touched my waist and pulled me closer. His touch felt good.
"Ahem," he cleared his throat.
"You have told me so many times that you love me, but I said that to you rarely. Today I want to pay back. I was never good. But your love made me a better person or you can say an archangel. I want to thank you for everything. You were there with me when I had this urge to kill people. You made me find my true self. You are the reason I wake up every morning. You are the reason I live for. You are just perfect. I will set the world in a fire but won't let a flame touch you. You complete me and without you I am useless. Without you, my life is a mess. I don't want a life without you." He paused. "I want to have a good life with you. I want to kiss you every day and tell you that everything will be okay. I want to marry you. I would say I want to have kids but you know we can't because I am an archangel. But that won't stop me from loving you. I don't deserve you, Mia. You are too good, but I love you and I know you love me too. I want to give you all the happiness. And I will. Lastly, my love. I love you to the moon and never the back." He said.
He wiped my tears which came on its own, listening to him. I smiled and cried both at the same time.
"I love you too," I said and hugged him. He smiled and then asked, "Let's dance?"
"There is no music," I said. He winked and then took out a remote like thing from his pocket and pressed a button. All of a sudden I heard a song play. I looked here and there trying to find where it was coming from. Then I saw two speakers hidden behind a tree. He held my waist and I held his shoulder. The song 'perfect' started playing. The stars and the song was a beautiful combination. There was no one around us as it was midnight. We swayed as the song started.

"I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me."

He made me twirl and gently kissed me. Then he stared lipsyncing.

"'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine"

"We were not kids when we met."
I laughed.
We kept on swaying and kissing.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"

"You look perfect, Mia." Will smiled and made me twirl again. I blushed

"Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own"

"I won't keep any secret from you. We can't have children but I will marry you and be a perfect man, better than Chris." He promised and I chuckled.

The song kept on playing. Everything was so perfect. Chris was happy, Will was happy, Zach was happy and my powers had returned. Thanks to Zach. He gave me the best present on my birthday - my powers.
"It's cold here," I said rubbing my hands.
"I will bring you a jacket from the car," Will said and flew towards the car which was just ten steps away. My cell vibrated and I took it out from the pocket to see an incoming call from an unknown number. I picked it up and heard a very manly voice speaking.
"Hi 'my-so-called-daughter'" the man said from the other side. I recognized the voice. It was Denver.
"Why did you call? Don't ruin this night." I shrieked.
"I will make it very clear. I planted a bomb two steps ahead from the spot you are standing." He said.
"Stop fooling me," I said with confidence.
"Why should I not kill you? You are a pain in my ass. You have to die." He said.
"W....what?" I felt numb for a second then panicked and tried to move.
"If you move, I will kill your friend, Monica. I can see you clearly, Luv. My men are standing outside Monica's house. If you move or call Will, my men will kill her." I looked around and saw him standing, wearing a brown coat.
"Mon...Monica?" My throat dried up.
"I am pretty sure you don't want to see her dead, do you?" He said. I could see his smirk from a distance.
"You are kidding, right?" My voice cracked.
"I don't have so much time to waste on you dear." He said and gave me his evil smile like he was happy seeing me die.
"But I don't want to die," I mumbled.
"You have to die. You have only ten seconds left." He said.
'No, I cannot die. I don't want to. I want to live for Will. I want to see Chris and Monica getting married and then I want to marry Will, my true love. I want to have a future. This cannot be happening.' I thought.
Tears started flowing down my cheeks. I closed my eyes as he started counting backward.
"10"
'I don't want to die'
"9"
'Make it stop'
"8"
'Please'
The song was still playing in the background. I burst into tears. The bad chapter had returned in my life.
"7"
'No'
"6"
'I want to live'
"5"
When he reminded me that I had only five seconds left, I opened my eyes and looked at Will. He was coming towards me with my coat in his hand. He was smiling, thinking that I would always be there for him. I felt terrible.
"4"
"Will" I screamed. I was crying.
Will saw me crying. He walked a bit faster.
"3"
"2"
"Will, I love you. I love you so much." I cried.
"1"
The explosion happened. I fell far from the spot because of the pressure. I landed on the ground and hit my head hard. There were scars all over. My leg and hand had burned. I could hear a buzzing sound which was because of the sound of the explosion. My breathing slowed and blood came out from my wounds. My eyes were closing. I was dying. My end had arrived. I saw someone coming towards me. I couldn't see the person properly. I could hear someone shout. The person picked me up and the only thing which I heard before blacking out was the last line of the song which continued playing.

"Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight"

So here is chapter 28. Did this chapter make you sad? What do you think will happen next? If you find this chapter interesting then do vote and don't forget to leave your lovely comments. I will upload the next chapter soon. Take care and stay safe. Have a nice day ahead.