Chapter 14

"Thanks for coming Zach," I said taking a sip of my drink.
"Not a problem." He said thanking the bartender for giving him his drink.
"Now say," Zach said.
"Don't read my mind please." I requested.
"I am not." He replied, sipping on his drink.
"Well, I know whatever I am gonna say is somewhat ridiculous, but please understand my point," I said. Zach folded his hand and sat straight, listening carefully.
"I don't know what I am going to ask is possible or not, but Zach even I want to contribute in this fight. Whenever there is an emergency, Will and you just rush out leaving me alone. And what do I do? I just go to my room and lock myself up and wait till someone comes and tells me that I can now come out." I said my voice shaking.
"Whenever Brittney tries to kill Will or anyone I love, I just stand there helpless and just shout 'no leave them'. Instead of leaving she comes and tries to kill me, and I can't do anything but just wait to see what fate has in store for me. I don't want to live like this Zach. Honestly living like this is not easy. I feel miserable when I can't do anything. You guys always protect me and when you are in trouble I just stand there crying for help." I said finally, taking a deep breath after finishing.
"I understand. So what do you want from me ?" Zach asked
"I want you to give me some powers," I said.
"Wait what?" He asked jumping off from his seat.
"Please don't say no. I won't misuse it, I swear. You can read my mind if you want. My intentions are not bad." I said getting up from my seat.
"When you have power, the good in you disappears. The evil side invokes you until you allow it to take over you." Zach said lowering his voice so that nobody could hear us.
"I won't let that happen," I said.
"But that's risky." He said.
"Please Zach." I pleaded.
He paused for a minute and then replied,
"Fine, come with me." He said leaving the restaurant.
I did not ask any questions. After walking for some time we stopped near a house.
"Come in," Zach said opening the door.
I did as he said. The house was well furnished and was filled with the fresh smell of lavender.
He took me to a room where there were candles and lots of spellbooks.
"Lie there." He said pointing towards a carpet. I did as he said without questioning.
Zach held a spellbook and said, "Close your eyes and don't open till I say."
I closed my eyes and heard him chant some spells. I felt something vibrating and my heart pounded. I tried to stay calm and pictured the faces of the people I love. My mom, Abby, Alice, Will, and Chris.
"Open your eyes, Mia." I heard Zach say after a while.
"Did it work?" I asked.
"The spirits were impressed with your intentions. They gave you some powers but if you misuse them then," he said taking a pause.
"Then?" I asked curiously.
"Then they will curse you." He said, seriousness in his voice.
"I won't," I said.
"What powers did I get?" I asked smiling.
"Well, you can compel people now, you can run as fast as the speed of lighting and you are now more powerful than before." He said.
"That's great," I said.
"Well, there are some more powers which you will eventually get to know." He said.
"Can I try them?" I asked.
"Yes, but you can't compel me." He said.
"That's fine," I said.
I tried my running power. I ran across the room and it felt like I was flying.
"Woah! That's way too fast." Zach said as I stopped.
"I can't believe it," I said jumping.
"Be careful Mia. Don't reveal your identity to outsiders." Zach said.
"Don't worry. I won't disappoint you." I said smiling.
I thanked Zach and headed towards Will's house.

I reached his house in like an hour. I opened the door with a spare key and found Will talking to someone in a call. As soon as he saw me he hung up the call and came towards me.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Absolutely," I said smiling.
"Mia, you shouldn't go li.." I didn't let him complete the sentence.
"You wanna see something," I asked cutting him off.
"What? You burst into tears?" Will asked raising his eyebrows.
"Shut up and see this," I said running across the hallway, faster than ever. I remembered Will and Chris doing the same and I was happy that even I could do the same.
"Saw?" I asked stopping in front of him and huffing.
"Woah!! How?" He asked astonished.
"I got powers, Will. I can use compulsion, I can run fast and I am more powerful than before." I said jumping with excitement.
He gave me a confused expression and I explained everything to him.
"Mia, that's dangerous. You don't know about the dark evils." He said.
"I know. Zach explained. But don't worry, the spirits are impressed with me." I said.
"Well, now I don't have to babysit you anymore." He said.
"Now Brittney has to pay for messing with Chris," I said giving a sarcastic smile.
"Team Will?" He asked.
I moved my head in disapproval and said "Team Mia."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mia finally got powers. Don't forget to vote. Leave your lovely comments. Take care and stay safe. Have a nice day ahead.