Chapter 20

"Stop the car," I ordered.
"Why?" Xavier asked.
"Stop the car now!!" I shrieked.
Xavier stopped the car and I got out followed by Will and Chris.
"What happened?" Will asked.
"I haven't eaten anything from yesterday and I am starving," I complained like a baby.
"Oh god," Chris said and laughed.
"See that cafeteria there?" I asked pointing towards it.
"Okay come on," Xavier said finally agreeing.
All of a sudden my cell vibrated with a call and before I could check the name Xavier grabbed my phone.
"What the hell," I said trying to get my cell back.
"John, uh?" He said reading the name.
"Give me," I said jumping.
"Boyfriend?" Xavier asked teasing me.
Will and Chris let out a sigh.
"John is my ex-boyfriend with whom I screwed everything up and then we ended up hating each other. But that was when I am 12 and now I am 18 with some powers and with two strong angels always by my side. And I have one, no two, no sorry billions of enemies surrounding me including you." I said without taking a break in between.
"I'll wait inside," Xavier said going inside the restaurant.
Will and Chris stayed with me. I checked my phone and saw ten missed calls from John and five from Monica. I immediately called Monica. She picked up within two rings.
"Hey Mon-"
"She's gone," Monica said cutting me off.
My heartbeat got faster.
"Who?" I asked.
"Alice." She said crying.
My cell slipped from my hand as tears welled up in my eyes. My heartfelt heavy, heavy with guilt. I couldn't believe my ears. My best friend, my one and only family left was no more. Will picked up the cell and hung up the call.
"Mia?" Chris asked.
"Say something. What happened?" Will asked.
"She's gone," I said bursting into tears and holding my head.
"Gone? Who?" Chris asked.
"Alice," I said crying my lungs off.
My cell again vibrated with a call. It was from Monica. I picked up but did not say a word.
"Mia tomorrow is her funeral. We need you." Monica said.
"Funeral?" I mumbled, crying. I hung up the call and kept on weeping.
"No no no no." I kept on repeating.
Will tried to calm me down but I pushed him away. Xavier came out of the cafeteria to call us but then stopped when he saw me crying. Chris gave me some water but I threw it away too.
"Bring her back," I yelled. People started gathering around me asking if anything was wrong or not. Xavier assured them that everything was right and then asked them to go.
"I need to go back home," I said wiping my tears.
"We are in Chicago and this much close in finding the sword. We don't have time." Xavier said.
"Her best friend is dead. She has to go." Will said defending me.
"Let her go. We have ten days until the full moon." Chris said.
"Fine but come back by tomorrow night," Xavier said.
"I'll come with you," Chris said.
"You stay I will go," Will said stopping him.
"Chris, let Will come. Please." I said. Chris got a bit disappointed but then agreed.
"Take my car and come back fast," Xavier said throwing his car key to Will.
"Hurry up Mia," Will said starting the car.
I got in the car and looked at Chris for the last time before leaving. He smiled and I smiled back but my smile wasn't real. I sobbed the whole way and didn't realize when I had fallen asleep.
"Mia wake up." I heard Will say.
I opened my eyes and looked around. It was morning. Will said that I was asleep from last evening.
"We reached?" I asked.
"One more hour." He said.
"You drove the whole way?" I asked.
"Ya." He replied.
"I will ask Monica to email me the address of the place where they are doing the funeral," I said. She emailed me the address within a few minutes.
"96 s.a.k road, Saints Episcopal Church." I read out the address.
"We are almost there." He said.
"It's a church. Can you come inside?." I asked.
"Ya I can but I can't go near the altar." He said.
"Don't have to," I said looking out of the window.
It felt good to return back to my hometown. I looked at the sky and pictured Alice's sweet face and she saying her usual dialogue" I love you, dummy.".
Tears rolled down my cheeks once again. I couldn't tolerate so many deaths. First Abby, then my mom and now Alice.
"We reached," Will said stopping the car.
I quickly dusted my clothes and went inside the church followed by Will. There were portraits of Alice everywhere. Everyone was seated.
"Mia." I heard Monica call. She came and hugged me. We both cried until I had to gasp for air.
"How?" I asked.
"She was missing from two days and the cops found her dead body yesterday night." She said.
"Murder?" I asked sobbing.
"Don't know." She replied.
"I would love everyone to take a seat." A lady, who was a close friend of my mom, announced in the microphone.
Will, Monica, and I sat down as we heard everyone giving their speeches and telling how they were related to Alice.
"Anyone else would want to give their speech? Mia?" The lady asked. I nodded and went to the altar. I took a glimpse of her picture and let out a sigh and then started speaking.
"There is a universal truth that everything eventually ends. Alice was my best friend. The person who always motivated me, who always loved me, always taught me that it is important to face everything in life. She was the reason for me to survive Abby's death but now.....now I don't have anyone to support me. It was just a week ago that I met her and today we are saying our goodbyes." I stopped as tears started rolling down my cheeks. Everyone who knew Alice started sobbing.
"But one day we have to move on and sometimes the most important thing in this world is to let go. It will not be easy not at all.  People go but how they leave always stays and reminds us every night and they aren't gonna come back." I continued sobbing.
"I hope Alice finds peace and one last thing. I love you, dummy." I said sobbing.
"I love you to the moon and the back," I said closing my eyes.
"Thank you," I said and ran out of the church, sobbing.
"I can't do it. I can't act like I am fine." I screamed. Will came out and hugged me.
"Hey hey!! Everything is gonna be okay." Will said comforting me.
"Sure?" I asked sobbing.
"Sure." He said bringing me closer to his chest.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is chapter twenty guys. Do vote and don't forget to leave your lovely comments. Take care and stay safe. Have a nice day ahead.