Chapter 19

Chris was holding my hand. We were watching the sunset together. My head was rested on his wide shoulders. We kissed. He tucked my hair gently behind my ear. Then he took out an injection from his pocket. I panicked and tried to stop him, but he gave me an evil smile and pierced it on my arm.
"Don't," I yelled and opened my eyes to find myself tied to a chair in the same room where the angels had dragged me to. I was alone. There was no one around me except for a weird silence. My chest burned and I had a killer headache. I felt weak and wanted to puke. I thought it to be the reaction of the injection which they had injected.
"You are awake?" The same angel asked as he came inside to check on me.
"These won't ....." I stopped for a second. My throat burned and I felt uneasy.
"These injections won't kill me." I continued. I had difficulty breathing too.
"But it will make you weak." He said.
"Leave me." I pleaded.
"Not so soon." He said injecting one more injection.
"Please no le......" I couldn't complete it. My body was giving up. My eyes closed and I became unconscious once again.
I opened my eyes after some time, without a clue of what the time was or what was going to happen next. My eyes were burning and I wanted to puke. My headache had become worse.
"Holy Spirit!! You are awake again?" The angel said coming in the room. He picked another injection. I closed my eyes in fear.
"Now you won't wake up anytime soon." He said raising the injection to pierce it on my arm.
"You are wrong." I heard a voice say. I looked towards the door and let out a sigh of relief as I saw Chris and Will burst open the door and piercing the injection on the angel's hand who was going to pierce it on my arm.
"Mia." Chris shrieked as he untied my hand.
"Oh look at you poor girl. You look so weak and pale." Will said riping out the unconscious Angel's throat.
"How did you escape?" I asked, my voice feeble.
"Just had to kick some asses," Will said.
"Come on," Chris said holding me and helping me get up from the chair I was tied to. My legs refused from taking a step and I fell back on the chair.
"I'll help you," Chris said picking me up in his arms and taking me out. As we passed through the storerooms, I saw the unconscious bodies of Denver's men. I did not realize when I had dozed off to sleep in Chris's manly arms.
I opened my eyes and found myself in the hotel room, lying on the bed, covered in a bedsheet. My cell was beside me and it was vibrating. I answered the call without seeing the name.
"Hello?" I said, holding my head which was still hurting.
"Mia. Hey, I heard what happened."." I heard Zach's voice.
"Ya I am fine," I said.
"Take care." He said and hung up the call. The door opened and Chris came in carrying a water bottle. 
"Hey, how are you feeling?" Chris asked with the same warmth in his eyes.
"I wanna puke and I feel weak," I said without any hesitation.
"I am sorry. Drink this." Chris said handing me the bottle. I took a sip from it. Then I heard a knock on the door. Chris opened it and I saw Xavier standing on the door.
"Why are you here? You left us there to die." Chris said.
"You knew that Denver was my dad?" I asked Xavier. He nodded.
"Let her rest." Chris shrieked.
"Mia, you forgot about your promise to do anything I say for a weak?" He asked ignoring Chris. I nodded.
"Come on. We have to hurry and find the sword before Denver does anything stupid." He said.
"Can't you see that she is weak? She needs to rest." Will said who came in from the open door.
"Hey, guys. I'll go." I said getting up from my bed.
"But Mia," Chris said.
"You know Chris when my father left us without leaving any letter or a message behind, I used to think that he had gone for a secret mission. When I used to see people going missing, I used to think that he would help them as a superman does." I said tears streaming down my cheeks and falling on my hand.
"He was a superhero to me. But today I realized that he is an evil, cruel, murderous, and intrusive person. I used to admire him and love him, but-" I said sobbing.
"A dad is that special person who helps you walk down the road, who teaches you how to deal with your problems, who stays beside you always. But my dad..he is not the person I used to admire. He is evil. He kills people and I hate him." I continued, tears still streaming down my cheeks.
Chris bent down and wiped my tears.
"And I will kill him even if it means to support Xavier. I will do it." I said picking up my cell and leaving my room. Chris, Will, and Xavier followed me as I hopped in Xavier's car.
Chris and Will sat beside me and Xavier drove the car.
"You never told me the reason for hating Denver," I said to Xavier.
"Don't create a soft corner for him," Xavier said driving.
"I asked you a question." I shrieked.
"Fine then listen ." He said stopping the car.
"24th December 1982. I was an Archangel back then. That day was Christmas Eve. I went out to bring some food for my beloved wife and two adorable children who were waiting for me in the house. When I returned I saw my wife and my children dead. My house was covered with splashes of blood. I saw your dad, Denver killing them just for fun. I escaped from there but couldn't forget this. I loved my family. My children were innocent but Denver killed them for his time pass. And from then I decided to kill him, ruin him." Xavier said with full hatred in his voice.
"I am sorry," I said.
"You should be," Xavier said.
I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. It was someone's worst nightmare. He was insane. I let out a sigh as Xavier started driving again.
"Here I come to kill my own dad." I thought wiping my tears which were continuously rolling down my cheeks.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is chapter nineteen. Don't forget to vote and follow because the next chapters are going to make you crazy. Do leave your lovely comments. Take care and stay safe. Have a nice day/night ahead.
                                    ©
And do tell me in the comments who do you like the most:-
a. Chris
b. Will