Chapter 15

The next morning I opened my eyes and could feel that somebody was in the room. I knew who it was. I could smell his perfume. I smiled for a moment and then asked, without turning back to face him, "What are you doing here Chris ?".
"Well, rumors are spreading that you've got some powers," he said.
"Are the rumors from the source www.irritatingBrittney.com?" I asked facing him this time.
"Honestly, ya." He said.
I got up and stood in front of him. My heart wanted to ask all sorts of questions but then the urge went on its own.
"You know it's dangerous. The evil darkness, the curse." He said looking tensed.
"Why do you care? You told me to get out of your life. Then why do you care so much about me?" I asked.
"I care." He yelled.
"Why?" I shrieked.
"Because I love you, honey." He said, this time with the same warmth in his eyes and love in his voice.
"Loved ones don't quit. They fight." I said.
"Do you think I enjoy staying away from you? Do you think that I didn't cry after hurting you? Mia somethings are better not to be told. Stop looking for me. Please." He pleaded.
"No, I am not a looser. I don't quit. I fight." I said.
"That night while I was going back to my house Brittney told me something, something terrible and I had to make a deal with her. I never wanted to, but what she said is my worst nightmare." He said.
"You remember when I told you to stay away from me? Did you give up?" I asked.
"No." He said.
"Then how can I give up on you?. We can face any danger together. Do you think she will let me go even if you are with her? She won't. She will try to kill me anyway." I said.
I took a step forward, coming more close to him.
"Mia, no d...." I did not let him complete and kissed him. It lasted for a minute but felt like hours.
"See you did it," I said gasping for air.
"I am sorry for hurting you." He said hugging me tightly.
"Did I miss much?" I heard Will say who was standing at the door.
"Let's have a round table conference," I said holding Chris's hand.
"Why did you call me in a hurry?" Zach asked as he sat down in his seat.
"We need to talk," Chris said.
"Will do you remember Xavier?" Chris asked.
"Yes, who can forget that nasty guy," Will said.
"He is looking out for Mia," Chris said.
"Wait what?" Will asked surprised.
"Guys wait. Explain everything in detail." I said.
"Mia, there are two types of angels. Normal ones who can easily be killed and others are Archangels who cannot be killed." Chris explained.
"Who are Archangels?" I asked.
"They are the highest rank of angels. The strongest ones." Zach replied.
"You and Will both are Archangels?" I asked Chris.
"Yes." They replied.
"Xavier is an Archangel too. And Archangels can only be killed with a blessed sword who can only be touched by a blessed person. And you Mia, is the blessed person. Destiny has chosen you this time." Chris said.
"Why can't any other fallen angel do that," I asked.
"Because we are evil. We are no ordinary good angel." Will said.
"But why is Xavier looking out for me?" I asked.
"Maybe he wants to kill someone," Zach said.
"And you are the only person who can do that," Chris said.
All of a sudden I felt a lot of weight on my shoulders. The weight of responsibility.
"Brittney is helping Xavier," Chris said.
"Where is the sword?" I asked.
"That's what we need to find," Chris said.
"Tell me something about Xavier," I said.
"He is someone's worst nightmare. He can bring hell on Earth." Will said.
"Basically he is a badass," Chris said.
"Tell me something. Who are you supporting?" Zach asked pointing towards Chris.
"How can you ask that Zach? He had to team up with Brittney so that he could protect me." I said defending Chris.
Chris nodded.
All of a sudden we heard someone kick open the door which made me flinch.
"Here comes a joker," Will said as Brittney entered the house.
"How dare you cheat me?" Brittney shrieked.
"How dare you talk to Chris like that?" I fired back.
"Woah!! Somebody is burning." Will said. I chuckled and then faced Brittney looking directly in her eyes.
"I think you forgot what I could do." She said throwing a pocket knife in my direction. I caught it before it could hurt me and I didn't even flinch.
"I think I need to show you my new abilities," I said running towards her with great speed. I held her by her neck.
"Tell me, how can I feel your skin? You a ghost, then how is this possible." I asked.
"I owe you no explanation." She said her voice shaking. I tightened my grip as she coughed hard.
"Leave her Mia. This won't kill her." I heard Chris say.
"But this will torture her," I said showing much hatred towards her.
"Mia it's okay. Leave her now." Will said.
"We need her alive to know about Xavier." Zach reminded.
"You are lucky," I said letting her go.
I felt good. I was no longer scared.
"You can torture me but how will you rescue yourself from Xavier?" Brittney asked holding her neck, gasping for air.
"Where is Xavier?" I asked.
"Burn in hell," Brittney replied.
"Zach you know what you have to," I said.
He nodded and chanted some spells making Brittney cry in pain.
"That hurts." She cried holding her head.
"Enough," I said. Zach stopped his spells.
"He is coming," Brittney said and ran out of the house.
"Well, I am not that scared cat anymore," I said dusting my clothes.
"So will you join team Mia, Chris," I asked smiling.
"Any doubt?" Chris said holding my hand.
"Why am I in your team? You know I am the selfish evil guy." Will said.
"You are here because you are my best friend," I said smiling.
"Well, you see Chris, I got a promotion from an enemy to a best friend. I wanted a higher position but this would work for now." Will said making all of us burst into laughter.
"We will do this together," I said.
"Yes." Everyone said giggling.
I spent the rest of the day with Chris. We talked, we hit each other with pillows, Zach told us something about magic and Will kept on talking about his humor.
"I missed you so much," I whispered to Chris.
"Did I forget to say that I heard that," Will said making me blush a bit.
"I'll make you guys some coffee," I said going to the table to collect some coffee powder. Suddenly I heard someone pass by me. I felt uneasy and asked, "Did you guys hear something?."
"Something is not right," Zach said getting up from his seat followed by Will and Chris.
I turned back and again felt someone passing by me. Then I felt someone touch me as I flinched.
"Ouch!" I heard Zach cry as a dark figure hit him on his head. Zach lost his senses and the figure vanished. I tried to shake him, but he did not wake up. I realized he was a wizard so he won't die.
"Who is the.." I did not complete as I saw that Will and Chris were not there around me.
"Guys where are you," I asked making myself ready for any sudden attack.
I heard someone walk in the garden. I went there and heard leaves rustling. Suddenly four muscular men came in sight, two of them dragging Will and Chris.
"Leave them," I yelled trying to compel them but couldn't.
"They are Archangels you can't compel them," Chris said struggling to get his freedom.
Then all of the four angels bent down on their knees, the two of them still holding Will and Chris. I felt someone standing behind me and turned back to face a strong yet evil-looking guy standing.
"Hello, blessed soul." He said giving me a broad evil smile.
"Xavier," I said gulping the fear which made my throat feel numb.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey guys, here is chapter fifteen. Don't forget to vote. Leave your lovely comments. Take care and stay safe. Have a nice day ahead.