Chapter 4

"Hair down or hair up?" I asked Alice.
"Umm...I think hair down" she replied licking her melted ice cream.
"Perfect," I said hurrying to get a hairband.
"Sit down Mia. It's your house" Alice said laughing and taunting me.
"I don't want to be late. It's my first date with Chris" I said still running here and there in my room trying to find my hairband.
"Yeah. I had seen you both staring at each other and I got to know that there is something going on.........now who is the happy girl?" She said smiling. I smiled back.
"Now shut up and go get my backpack from my closet," I said.
"Mia I am your guest," she said taunting.
"And you are my best friend...." I stopped a bit and then continued "after Abby". I stopped smiling.
"Hey hey. Be happy or you won't look good" she said smiling and holding my shoulder. She opened my closet and handed me my black backpack which matched with my white-colored floral dress.
"You ready to leave?" Alice asked.
I checked the time and nodded. "Best of luck, dummy," she said. I thanked her and went downstairs. I hugged my mom and said that I am going to a house party at Jake's place. This was the second time I lied. I did not want her to panic and think about me. So I lied. Chris had sent me the address in the morning. It was far from my house so I booked a cab. Luckily there was no traffic on the road so I reached within some time. I paid the money and thanked the driver and turned to his house to knock. It was a wooden door which read "Christopher house". I knocked on the door but it was already opened. I waited for some time but then nobody came so I decided to go in. There was nobody in the hallway so I climbed up the stairs calling out for Chris. I stopped near a room and was about to open the door when I heard Chris yelling at somebody from behind the door.
"I will have to tell her. She has loved me for more than a decade now and she is my love." He said.
"I think you should because Will is already in town and he is looking for Mia" I heard a man say.
This was the second time I heard about Will. Who was he and why is he looking for me? , I thought.
"Will has already attacked her," Chris said. I could feel his anger growing through his voice.
Finally, I opened the door and screamed in fear when I saw Chris.
"Oh god," I cried. Chris ...... He had wings and they were shining.
"Mia?" He asked surprised to see me. He came towards me and I stopped him.
"Stay away. Oh no.  Who are you?" I asked. I was trembling with fear.
"I am a fallen angel, Mia," he said without any hesitation.
I gasped for breath. Tears rolled down my eyes as I yelled at him "These are just stupid things. There are no angels ."
"Then who am I ?" He asked.
"Mia I'll explain," the other man said.
"No, stay away from me. I don't want to be dead. You cheated Chris. I thought you really loved me. You kill people. And that creature who had attacked Monica last night. Now I understand. It was exactly like you. " I said and held my face in my hand, trying to hide my tears. I picked up my bag which had fallen and ran.
"Mia wait" I heard Chris say. I didn't turn back. But I could feel that he was following me. I ran out of the house and turned back to see whether he was following me or not. He was not following me now. I let out a sigh. I turned in front and banged to a guy. I looked up to see that he was Chris. Oh god. How did he do that?.
"I'll explain. Wait, Mia." He said.
"No, I don't need any more explanations. Go away" I said and ran away from him. I ran towards the bridge. I stopped when I saw that I had reached the end. Chris stood in front of me. He looked at me and I looked at him with my eyes filled with tears.
"Mia we exist. And you know this because you know me for more than a thousand years now. It will take time but you'll understand. I'll explain" he said.

"Who's Will?" I asked ignoring all those rubbish things that he was saying.

"Our greatest fear," he said and looked up to the sky and then continued " He is a fallen angel. Will and I were very good friends until we met you, Mia, a thousand years ago. We both loved you, but you were always destined to be with me. Will always envied us and always tried to cause trouble. He is stronger than me, Mia. And he was the one who had attacked Monica ."
I stood their all silent, my lips parted. What was going on?.
"Nonsense .. " I cried.
He took a step forward and I took a step backward.
"Mia," He said and again took a step towards me.
I took a step back and did not realize that now I was standing on the edge. I again took a step back and "aaaaaa" I cried. I was falling off the bridge. I showed my hand to Chris hoping that he would help me but before he could do anything, a bird-like thing caught me and brought me back on land. I sat on the ground and breathed heavily. That was really scary. I felt my heart racing. I looked up to see a guy standing in front of me and .....and even he had wings. I looked at Chris. There was something different. Chris had white wings and this guy, he had black which indicated evil. He sat down on his knees so that we could have eye contact.
"I will not let you die so easily, baby. " He said. "I'll first torture you then kill the people you love and then ..kill you," he said smiling.
"Stay away from her" Chris said coming towards me. Before he could come any further, the guy pushed him too hard.
"Chris" I cried.
"Still care for him, uh?" He asked.
I was silent. I could feel the fear running down my spine.
"You know me?" He asked.
I knew who he was.  He was exactly like Chris had described. " Will " I cried.
"Oh good girl, you know me," Will said.
I looked at Chris. He stood up and cleaned his clothes. Then he came forward and looked directly in Will's eyes.
They both stared at each other like they were about to go for a competition.
"Mia, be ready for an epic Villian breakdown," Will said still looking at Chris.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So a new enemy is here..... This is chapter four. Chapter five will be posted very soon. Don't forget to vote. Do leave a comment. I love to read them. Thank you. Have a nice day ahead.