Chapter 21

Faustino Point of View

Why is she looking so surprised?

"You hurt them?" She gasped loudly making a very horrific expression on her face.

To be honest, this is the first time to see such an expression on her face after I met her. She had always been so brave, witty, amazing and ultimately charming; so seeing her face and her posture right now confused me.

"Uh, hmm, yes." I said hesitantly almost biting down my own tongue for being such an anthole to bring her here and tell her about my job truthfully.

Sometimes, I forget that she is after all a girl, however different and unique she is. She is still a girl.

"But they are bad people who did something very bad so we keep them here to teach them good lesson." I said immediately to make up for the foolish slip I did.

Why did I bring her here? She should be with flowers and plants and I, being a foolish and inconsiderate boyfriend brought her to show my work with pride.

Good Lord! Will she think over about our relationship again?

Will she not be my girlfriend anymore?

This is all Padre's mistake. Why should he say that I should show what my job entitles to her and why should I readily accept it?

Padre had never liked my little Fae and it is obviously his plan to scare her away from me but me keeping a very high hope on little Fae's acceptance skills, I had be take her here to show Padre how different she is.

"What bad things they did?" She asked softly almost inaudible as she slowly walked to the empty chair before my prisoner and sat on it.

Walking to her, I knelt down beside her and held the back of the chair she is sitting on, while I held her hand with another of my hand.

Should I say her?

Considering her reaction earlier, it is better to sugarcoat and tell her.

I shouldn't let her leave me. She has become the reason for my very breathe.

"Umm, he – shot one of our men and went on to hurt your Oldie just because he is old and defenseless." Because your Oldie was the one who took away their goods and corrupted their people.

But I cannot say it, can I?

"That is really bad of him to do that. Then how do you torture him and for how long?" Wait, Little Fae, you are confusing me.

Weren't you the terrified one a moment ago? Then why are you suddenly getting comfortable and interested in it?

Although I love her from the depths of my pores, I still cannot understand few aspects of hers.

While it always intrigued me, it also confused me too.

Seems like life with her will be soap opera every day. Interesting!

I cleared my throat thinking of a better way to tell her the way we hurt him physically with several painful tools. "We acupuncture him using rather – big and wide needles. A pain that keeps them healthy is a good pain, do you agree?" She looked at me with her first smile after coming to this place.

Her smile was bright and genuine and her nod was enough to say that I'm going in a right track.

"That is fascinating! But you are being too good to him." Huh?

Too good?

What does she mean?

"How so?" I asked attentively.