Chapter 15: Free for once

My mum and dad are having a little argument or meeting upstairs while me, Vanessa and Liam are trying to catch the loud words that pass through the door, Mason's in the dining room, playing with the table salt, I still do the get it how is Mason Cooper my freaking elder brother! It just doesn't make sense! I mean my dad just knew him a week ago, it just so sudden. And he's now living with us! Not on my watch!

Mum hold the door handle giving me Vanessa and Liam time to race back downstairs and act normal.

"Ok we'll have it that way" my dad says towards my mum as she descends the stairs, she stands in the middle of the room and looks at me and Vanessa with a hint of suspicion.

"Mason won't be your elder brother -

THANK THE LORD!

-what your father meant was that he would be staying here from time to time until his orphanage has someone to give him to, so until then he would be staying here from time to time, no staying permanently okay, so your father won't give you a heart attack"

        ORPHANAGE!?

So he would be coming here at intervals, nice choice but I feel like I need to disturb someone, Vanessa would kill me if I disturb her, Liam is watching a special episode of paw patrol, mum and dad are upstairs hopefully talking, Mason is .... MASON! My jackpot to prove my stubbornness! I walk towards him slowly, he's So deep in his play with the salt that he didn't hear my foot steps, I skip to stand beside him and I bend down to level with his ear causing a numb pain on my back.

"Halo!" He turns his sharply towards my direction and quickly buries his head in his hands before letting out a sigh.

"Scared much?"

"Yeah maybe" he looks hurt maybe this isn't the wrong time to look for trouble.

"What's going on in that little head of yours"

"A lot actually" he rest his head on the table, is he this depressed?.. I wanna know what's going on! I need some news to get my head rolling. An awkward moment of silence passed by, I'm bored! I stand up just for Mason's hand to touch mine begging me to stay, oh no, my heart's doing that racing thing again, I sit down back his hand is still on mine, God I'm gonna explode!

"How's your back? Does it still hurt?"

"Y - yeah a little" he stares at my awkwardness for a moment that made me want to melt right into the chair, his grip tightens and his hand becomes a little bit hot, he's angry, damn what do I do!? I don't want to leave his hand it'll seem kinda rude, and I don't wanna touch him either..what if he lets it out on me!? What am I gonna do? Okay I have something that might just work.

"Mason? Are you okay" I asked but he didn't respond, I guess I'll go for an embarrassing plan B... soothing circles! Here goes nothing, the worst thing that could possibly happen is getting rejected, I'll just curl up into a ball and die! I stare at our hands together, shit those butterflies in my stomach feels like it could burst out any minute. I grab his hand away from mine, turned it around making me see his palm and I start to use my index finger to form smooth circles, his palm is so smooth and I wonder what kind of perfume he uses, the fragrance is sweet and cool.

"Wow... your good at this" I blush slightly at his statement making my heart flutter, he has reduced his tense state, this isn't the trouble I was looking for but at least I'm enjoying the feeling of being wanted by him..it makes me feel...special! I'm still curious..why is he this silent well it's good but this ain't normal.
He lets out a hum, a sign that he's falling asleep but trying not to, I tap him, he raises his head up facing me.

"You should go to bed if you're tired"

good linsy you just fucked your self up!  not you see he's tired!

"Ok..uhm..good night" he says before taking his leave. Pheww! That was awkward!

AT SCHOOL

Mason enjoyed his Stay last night, oh i could tell! He looked so lively he even did that bro shake hand stuff to Jayson, normally Mason would just ignore him when he says hello.

"What's up with him?" Vanessa says also happy and surprised about Mason's sudden change, The bell rings and we both go our separate ways and Mason follows me to science class.

AT BRIZZLE'S

Brizzle called an emergency meeting, well to me it's a way to get away from school, he called us to pull him out of his stump! He should go work out or something, and reduce the amount of honey Combs and bugs he eats! He's like the serious version of Winnie the Pooh, We finished pulling him out and we are chilling on a log of wood, Mason suddenly gets up and I want to follow him....am I being too clingy?

"C'mon" Mason yells gesturing me to follow him with a big smile on his face, he's so cute, his parents must have been proud of their creation. Vanessa pushes me to him almost bumping into him, I hear her snicker in the background. I follow Mason Into the woods before stopping at a cliff but different angle.

"I wanna try something different?" He yells as the ocean breeze blows our hair in wild directions. My eyes sqiunt in confusion.

"Try what?"

"Jumping off" what! is he for real!?

"Oh no you don't wanna do that" he looks at me, taking of his cloths leaving him in shorts and a singlet. Darn it the breeze is showing his abs! He laughs as I struggle with the breeze blowing my hair into my mouth.

"I wanna be free you know!" Oh boy don't do this pls!.

"Mason Cooper, I'm warning you!"

"Well to bad! I ain't listening! See ya!"

"No ma-" and he's gone! I hope he's alright? I look down to see him coming up, he looks hurt, oh not again! He always gets injured in the water or drowns. I can only hope it's not that bad!.