Chapter 18: Reason

I jump out of my bed to the wetness of my face all the way to my chest, I rub my eyes in confusion and in attempt to wipe the sleep away, Vanessa and Sara are in the floor clutching their stomach in laughter, I realize there's a bucket on my bed, i jump of my bed and slap both of the on their arms, I decided to join in the fun so I forced myself to hug them.

"No no no --- ugh! LINSY!" Vanessa groans as I wrap my wet arms around them wrapping them in a tight schedule before releasing them, Sara stands up and hugs me properly.

"Morning girlfriend"

"Morn" I respond with my raspy voice, not minding my top sticking to my chest, I walk past Mason also wishing him a good morning cause his morning ain't good. I grab my bag and pull out my brush and toothpaste to get ready to wherever we're going to, I guess.

I put on my hoodie I planned on wearing to school today and my jeans and shoes, I pull out a snicker bar from my bag, I packed a lot! And nibbled on it as we started walking again, not knowing where we're going is pissing me of even more, what if we get lost? And what did he do to Liam and my parents!? Sara notices my furrowed eyebrows and taps my shoulder with a worried look on her face, assuring me it's going to be fine, I nod in response and kept on following until we got to a mansion, what I recognize as saphiral's home, I let out a muffled groan, Vanessa giggled but Mason shushed her and placed his head on the wall, his fingers ran through the wall in a symbol, a part of the concrete wall pushed itself forward and opened, revealing a path, he gestured his hand for all to follow.

Linsy your boyfriend is a phyco!, Linsy as we speak I want you to take of your Nike shoes and run as fast as those averagely long legs can carry you!

   No I ain't doing that! Shut up!

I mentally scream trying to make my inner voice calm it's adrenaline down before I start physically talking to myself! We tip toe into the path that led us right to a room, we actually ended up under a bed, the bed automatically brought itself up, I was awestruck! The room was a boys room, Mason's obviously! I crash on his bed not minding my buddy's that are staring at me.

"Spray this" Mason said throwing we girls a spray can, I spray it into the air to take a scent of it, it smell... lifeless!? Like a numb feeling you can't describe, Sara stares at the can with an offended look on her face.

"We don't smell that bad!"

"Just spray it on would ya?!" Sara cringe at his response and sprayed it, I spray it like it was my normal deodorant..all over my body! Not really but this one's special.

"You missed a spot" Mason points to a part on the side of my exposed tummy, I spray that part in embarrassment. Foot steps start to make way to Mason's room last, only God knows what saphiral will do, we girls scramble everywhere looks looking for a place to hide, Mason mischievously laugh at our stupidity.

" We are trying to hide you think this is funny!? What if she gets us!?" Sara voices out my thoughts with a hint of anger evident in the statement. The door slams open revealing Saphiral....that son of a biscuit! Me, Vanessa stand like statues while Sara walks towards saphiral, we mouthed her to come back but her egocentric switch has turned on she soon starts to make bunny ears with her fingers get behind saphiral's head, I'm trying so so hard not to blow our cover..so so hard, soon I and Vanessa joined in the fun, Vanessa is imitating her posture as she talks to Mason, even Mason is trying not to laugh, He's trying to keep a straight face.

As soon as she leaves the room and we are sure she's not anywhere near, we burst into the laughter that we've been holding for 20 minutes straight! Damn saphiral has a wide mouth!

The laughter died down Into a comfortable silence but I was bored, my phone isn't with me. Sara went to go get food and Vanessa is surveying the area just looking around the house, my ' invisible ' spray has worn off and Mason is staring at the ceiling, I want to look for trouble again! I silently lay beside him making sure he doesn't feel any dip of some sort.

"Hello!"

"God! Linsy! Stop doing that, you'll give me a heart attack one day!"

" Sorry!" I apologise giggling proudly as I stare at the ceiling with him.

"How come you didn't notice?" I ask, how come someone is beside you and you don't notice, that's odd.

"I'm deep" he replies, what is he thinking about...... suspicious!

"What happened to my parents?"

"I... erased you out of their memory, but don't worry they'll get it back as soon as we're done"

"Done doing what?"

"I'll tell you later"

"Hmm! Fine!" I grumble out of the bed and run out the window, sneaking into the kitchen, Sara is munching on odd looking cherries with a big bottle of water next to her, she's sweating and her face is red. She looks like a fish out of water! Cherries couldn't be that spicy, it's not even spicy at all! Maybe Satsmitten cherries are.

"Hey girl, I want you to have a taste of this" she mumbles out through her stuffed mouth as I walk towards her, I grab the bowl, In confusion and pluck a bright red cherry and throw it in.

"It's not bad! Why are you sweating anyways? It's really - " the sweet creamy taste of the cherry is quickly replaced with a spicy, hot and burning sensation making me wish i was born without a tongue. I instantly drop the bowl and scurry toward the sink, pouring water all over my face but that didn't work, I grabs the bottle of water from Sara but she drags it back, involving ourselves in a tug of war.

"Give - me - that!"

"Let go, please!"

"No you let go!" I fight back pulling more harder to get more areas of the bottle.

"What's going on?" Me and Sara turn to see a startled Mason staring at us, we both point to each other's faces, Mason walks over to us and grabs the bottle.

"Whose going to first?" I raise my arm with the speed of light getting a glare from Sara, Mason lifts the bottle up and I lift my head and he pours me a mouth full of water, finally cooling down my throat and chest. I'm never taking any if those berries ever again!

It's evening, Mason finally confesses that we are staying here for a week, he told me why he brought us here , but he has told others though. He thinks saphiral has his parents even if he thinks they are dead, he saw his mum's favourite dress on her and his dad's ring on her finger, okay that's just weird! He also explains that she's running for the head of Satsmitten position .. the president.. and not to forget his sister too, yeah he has a sister but doesn't want to talk about it, sorry I brought it up!

" If Saphiral wins this election Satsmitten will be doomed...and so are you."

ME!!!

  I enjoyed being your inner voice kid! But before you die, tell mason that you like him, at least he will have a sweet memory of you.