Chapter 19: Suspicious..

Mason

"If saphiral wins this election, Satsmitten is doomed ... and so are you" I explain with a tone of sorrow and anger, I never told anyone about my sister and I never will, she's a priceless jewel to me, but she's just to smart for her age, she's probably linsy's age by now, she didn't die in the war but I don't know if she survived either, I brought the girls in this for a reason. Linsy's in grave danger, that mark on her palm means something, I've seen that somewhere but I don't remember, linsy looks like she's going to pass out but I just act like I didn't notice so I won't freak her out more than she already is.

"I'm going to the bathroom." She suddenly blurted out, scurrying back into the house, we were actually in the balcony when I released the toxic confession that made her choke on her saliva. I let out a sigh and walk into the room, saphiral walks passed mistakenly stepping on my foot, I bet it was intentional!

"Uh I'm here!"

"Oh didn't see you" she replies with an evil grin on her face.

   blind bat! Shit! I must have said that out loud!

"What did you say!?" Crap!

"Nothing" I reply clearing my throat for no reason, within seconds I was dangling in mid air gasping for air with purple gas surrounding the space and twinning with her staff that she held. The gas choked me more than her magic or whatever that shitty purple gas is, I try to speak but I couldn't let out a single note, I tried to plead but it was useless, she walked closer looking straight into my eyes with her daring grey eyes, my heart is pounding ferociously as she stares into my soul.

"Repeat what you said...I dare you to" I'll pass out any moment from now, she drops me from the highest point of the hallway down to the ground, bruising my arm badly, I cough hard gasping for air till I finally calm down, saphiral bent down and stares at me who probably looks miserable.

"Watch your mouth!" Her breath lingers across my ear sending shivers down my spine, she smiles and walks away with a guard following her, I get up trying to find my feet and feeling dizzy but managed to get to my room, I knock weakly on the door so I won't wake all of the sleeping girls in my room, the door opens exposing Sara lying on on the floor her mouth slightly open showing that's she's sound asleep, Vanessa is lying at the horizontal end of my bed, and linsy is staring at me with concern evident in her eyes.

"What happened?"

"Nothing"

"That doesn't look like nothing to me!" She complains standing at akimbo, I sigh and plop onto my bed wincing at the pain in my arm that came after. Linsy walks past Sara with caution and climbs onto the bed tucking herself under my fluffy duvet, she better not stain it! I lay back and arrange my self to go to bed, linsy is facing away from me which is the right side of my bed and I'm facing the ceiling.

"I've never laid on my bed with a girl before" I confessed, linsy turns to me with unsure look.

"Two girls you mean, Vanessa is at the bottom." She pointed out tiredly.

"Yeah, I forgot that" a small smirk grew on her face, she shut her eyes close and I stare at her falling asleep like an idiot, her eyes suddenly open and I'm still staring, she's hypnotizing me with that blue purple eyes of hers.. which is a weird eye colour to be honest.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"So I can see you in my dreams more often" her eyes widened at my statement before she giggled

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that -"

"No it's okay, I do that too..I should have said that too" I chuckled at our awkwardness before staring back at the ceiling for a pretty good and comfortable silence thinking about how this... journey will end, my eyelids are already feeling heavy, it's not to long before I fall into a very unconscious state.

NEXT DAY......

I woke up at the crack of dawn today, I had a slight stomach cramp..maybe it's from sleeping on my side last night, I woke up nervous because of how me and linsy were positioned, Linsy's arms were around my torso and when I tried to pull away she only pulled me closer to her. I spent 5 lovely minutes trying to get out of her grip and here I am reminiscing about the last 7 minutes on the bed.

Saphiral isn't at home and won't be at home till next week, and we are leaving tomorrow, we are going to look for someone, I hope she won't come looking for me cause I won't.

I walk down the hall way towards her room, I've never been there before cause I used to be scared of her, I open the door quietly, sneaking into it like a thief, what I saw left me in shock. I was awestruck, her room was like a palace, a king size bed, a golden chandelier and a carpet that looks like something out of an Aladdin movie, I walked around the room examining all the pictures and Golden jewellery's that were hanging around and on her table, I grew bored and started checking her closet and to be honest she had a really good sense in fashion not that I like the dress she wears, she looks like a creep! I started to stroll backward to get one last good look at her room, the room is gorgeous without the pieces of under wear lying beside her bed.. she's been doing some nasty business lately if you know what I mean. I bump into the wall, my elbow hit a tile and it shifted inwards, good heavens! The wall opened and a stairs lead the way going upwards.

    Should I go! Or not.. go!..or            not...GO! Or not?

If I go she'll kill me, if I didn't well I won't know where she got my fathers ring and my mum's dress, I'm still on that...

   Curiosity killed the cat

The only difference in that is I'm not a cat!

I stood the first step on the cold staircase, I pull of my flip flops so I would walk quietly, the more I walk the more I think I could shit in my pants! The walls we're full of blood marks and signs and even a big claw mark that kinda belongs to the wolf that gave that exact size of mark to linsy, she is truly doing some dirty work. I came upon two doors but before I had the chance to open one if them the wall opens and I hear foot prints.

Shit!

I scurry upon the walls climbing as fast as I could till I touched the ceiling and into the roof I go, I watched as a guard walks in with a girl hand cuffed and with only boxers, what a man whore! I climb back down when the door she walked in closed and ran out and straight into the kitchen. That! Was a close call!