Chapter 1: Konoha

CHAPTER 1

A candlelit throne sat in the middle of a cold and dark room, the small flutter of snow shining outside as a large white canopy cascaded down around the throne.

The person inside was hidden behind the thin piece of cloth, as a woman's low but authoritative  voice echoed off the damp walls. "This is your mission. Do you accept?" She already knew the answer to that.

"Yes my queen, I shall not fail you." An unknown figure was knelt before the throne, as they slowly rose to their feet, before they vanished into the darkness.

---

A soft and cool breeze danced throughout the trees, as the silver moon rose high into the sky, shining down and the distant earth below.

It's pale ray reflected off the hard metal of a kunai, that was stuck deeply into the ground beside a large lock of bright red hair.

A pale woman laid on her side, her long black locks spread across the damp and lush grass as the dew slowly seeped into her white and blue dress, which on the back, clear as day, was the Uchiha clan symbol.

She shifted slightly, before a low and tired groan could be heard as the stiff woman slowly sat up, examining her surroundings. Her dark eyes scanned the area, before they finally settled on a figure not too far off into the distance.

A young child, probably no older than 12, laid on their stomach as they slept peacefully, their face pressed onto the ground firmly as their ragged short red hair stuck out in unruly ways.

The woman rose to her feet, stumbling slightly as she tisked in annoyance. With a quick jerk, she adjusted her white katana that sat gently on her left hip, as she neared the young child.

She stopped as she was mere inches from the kid. She nudged them with her foot.

No response. She sighed deeply.

'She's out cold, and I wonder where...' The woman trailed off as she scanned the area, looking for something out in the large clearing of wet green grass.

Her eyes finally caught on a pair of unmissable bright orange and grey goggles that lay not too far from the woman and child.

She quickly walked toward them, picking them up as she gently wiped off a few drops of water with one of her long sleeves, her eyes holding a small memory as she smiled before placing them around the red haired kid's neck as she picked the child up.

With a large and powerful push, the woman shot into the trees, the cool wind nipping at her face as she jumped through the large trees.

--

A small groan could be heard from the woman's arms as she stopped walking along the road, looking down at the child slightly.

With a  smirk and no hesitation, the woman dropped the child to the ground, a large 'thud' sounding before a small growling.

"Hey! What was that for- Ohhh Rose sensei! Nice to see you again! Glad you're still...alive?" The child said with a nervous smile and questioning tone as light blue eyes met with blank onix ones.