Chapter 36: A Failure.

"What is so important in these scrolls that you return in the middle of your mission?" A deep voice sounded through the dark room as Itachi handed the person the scrolls.

"These scrolls confirm the existence of the twelve tails. The Jimi and Uzumaki secretly sealed it away after its capture only 18 years ago. One of the nations is hiding this jinchuriki, because of its immense chakra and power." Itachi said as the person grunts, sighing as they set the scrolls down.

"This...this beast...I thought there were only nine tailed beasts. I will devise a plan. For now, continue with your mission to capture the nine tails." The person said as Kisame and Itachi nodded, disappearing.

"Leader, I believe the Jimi clan was from Suna. The jinchuriki may be there." A woman said as the person nodded in understanding.

Hana shot up from the bench, yelling out as she looked around.

Sasuke was gone. And Sakura was sleep next to her.

Hana shot up, sprinting down the street as she burst through the window of the hokages office.

"Lady Tsunade! It-it's all my fault! I'm...I'm such an idiot!" Hana cried out as Tsunade stared at the girl with wide eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Tsunade questioned as Hana fell into the office, breathing heavily as she looked into Tsunade's eyes with a regretful look.

"Sasuke Uchiha left the village...I didn't realize it until it was too late! Tsunade...Naruto...
everyone...they're going to hate me! It's all my fault! I'm such a....I'm such an idiot!" Hana yelled as Tsunade grabbed her shoulder, looking at Hana worriedly.

"Damn that Orochimaru. It's not your fault Hanabusa. You did what you could, you're not an idiot. No one is going to hate you." Tsunade said as she called in a messenger.

"What am I going to tell Naruto!? Or Sakura!? Or my sensei!? Or anyone!? I'm such a failure..." Hana said as the messenger left, Tsunade sighing as Hana stood.

"Hana-" Tsunade said but Hana slammed her hands on the desk.

"You have to let me go after him! Please Lady Tsunade! I have to get him!" Hana yelled as Tsunade furrowed her brow.

"No. I'm sorry Hanabusa, but I cannot allow you to leave the village. You would be by yourself, without anbu or jonin, not to mention going right to the enemy! No way!" Tsunade yelled as Hana gritted her teeth.

"Please! It's my fault! I'll never get over myself if I can't help him! Please lady Tsunade!" Hana begged.

Shikamaru stood outside the hokage's door,
listening to the yelling inside.

"Absolutely not! You are soon to be one of the most sought after people in the world! If you fall into the wrongs hands, it would be a disaster! Hanabusa, you are one step away from me banning you from leaving the village at all!" Tsunade yelled as tears welled up in Hana's eyes.

"P-please Lady Tsunade. I failed. It's all my fault! I...I don't want Naruto, or Sakura, or Shikamaru, or anyone to hate me! I want to make up for my mistakes! Please-" Hana was cut off as Tsunade snapped her fingers, anbu appearing behind Hana.

"Please escort Hana back to her home. Make sure she rests well." Tsunade said as one of the anbu pressed a pressure point on Hana, knocking her out instantly.

'Why does Hana feel guilty? What did she do? And why won't Lady Hokage let her leave the village? This doesn't make sense..' Shikamaru thought as he knocked on the door.

A small Hana screamed as she ran through a snowy village, angry yells coming from behind her.

"You monster!"

"You've taken the name of Jimi and run it though the dirt!

"We're the sun warriors! Not the Arctic desert!"

"Mina, control your damn kid!"

The villagers all yelled as the woman from Hana's earlier memories came out of the crowd, her long white hair blowing in the cold wind as she scowled.

"That is not my child. My child was overtaken by that monster." The woman's said as Hana cried.

"M-momma! Don't say that! Please!" Hana cried but was kicked in the face, flying back as she hit the cold ground hard.

"Shut up monster!"

Another memory showed itself, but it was different.

Hana was much older, her hair was long and flowy as she laid on a smooth stone floor.

She laid in a puddle of her own blood, the life slowly draining out of her eyes as tears flowed down her cheeks.

The only thing showing was Hana's lifeless eyes, as she cried in her own blood.

Hana sat up, breathing heavily as she gasped.

Hana just witnessed her death. That's what it looked like anyway.

Hana sat there, tears flowing down her cheeks as she sat there.

Ice covered the room as Hana shook, staring at the floor blankly.

She couldn't go after Sasuke.

She couldn't save her father or her friend.

Her own mother didn't love her.

She just witnessed her possible death.

She witnessed Sasuke's regretful and horror stricken face.

She saw Rose's confused face as she made a big decision.

She saw memories of her and Gaara as well.

Hana sat there, and for one of the first times, she sobbed. She sobbed for hours. For days even.

She sat there, and sobbed.

Hana felt like a failure.

(A/N:)hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a super amazing day:D