Chapter 20: An Old Friend

Hana's POV-

This test SUCKS.

You wanna know who I'm sitting next to? Why don't you take a wild guess?! Hmm?

If you said Gaara, great job! You win!

I slammed my head on the table and I stared at the test.

I hate this.

I flipped the test over and just sat there, a blank test in front of me as I prepare myself to fail.

Gaara looked at me as I sigh sadly and nudge him.

"So...about my offer..?" I asked as he sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Fine. If that's what it takes to get you to leave me alone." He said as I silently do a victory dance before I go back to being bored.

Of course, because I have such GREAT timing, my vision starts to go white.

Alright. What is it this time?

Third POV-

The kazekage opens a heavy metal door with multiple seals covering the front.

The door opens and a young girl wearing a yellow shirt, dark green dress, and long red hair down to her ankles stands up, smiling as she runs to him.

"Kazekage!!!" She yelled as he grabbed her hand, walking her down the long dark hall.

"Are you ready to meet my son? I think you two will be good friends." He asked as the girl jumped up and down repeatedly.

"Yes, Kazekage!! Say, when will my momma and papa be back? I can't remember when they said..." She trailed off as she thought.

'Stupid child. She really believes her parents are still alive? Maybe Gaara will crush her or she'll kill him. Thank goodness we used that memory wipe seal on her or I'd be dead by now. Such a strong and yet, weak child.'' Rasa thought to himself as the girl skipped happily down the hallway.

After a few minutes, Rasa opened the door to the room, a young boy with a small teddy bear and bright red hair standing in the middle.

"This is Gaara. Gaara, this is Hanabusa. Be nice you two." Rasa said as he left the room, hanabusa smiling at Gaara.

"We have the same hair, yah know!" Hana said happily as Gaara narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"What do you want?" He questioned as she tilted her head in confusion.

"Uhhh, I want to be your friend!! What do you say, panda?" She asked happily as he turned away from her, playing with his bear as she walked over.

"I don't want friends." He said but Hana could tell he was lying.

"Of course you do! Tell you what, we're friends now! No matter what happens Gaara, I'll protect you, and I'll be by your side for as long as you need me!" Hana said happily as he turned to face her, a suprised look on his face.

"R-really? You want to be friends with me...?" He questioned as Hana nodded her head rapidly before running forward towards him. "N-no! Stop! Mother will-"

Gaara was cut off as Hana wrapped her arms around him, his small teddy bear in the middle of them both.

'Mother...didn't hurt her!? How!?" Gaara thought as tears came to his small sea foam eyes.

"We'll be friends forever Gaara! I'll never forget you, and you'll never forget me! So don't forget me, Hanabusa Jimi!" Hana exclaimed happily as her small light blue eyes stared happily into his sea foam ones.

"Friends...." Gaara said as he held the bear in one hand, wrapping his arms around her back.

The two red heads stood there for a while before pulling back and smiling at each other.

Rasa was speechless at them. Gaara didn't kill her. She didn't kill Gaara.

They were now, friends...?

Hana watched as her and Gaara played together almost every day, playing on rooftops, Gaara carrying her in the sand, and him playing with her long red hair.

It all ended however, when one night, a dark figure appeared in Hana's room, holding out their hand as darkness overtook everything.

Hana's POV-

My vision returned to normal as I covered my mouth.

Gaara and I were friends. Will he still remember me?

I...I was already friends with panda!! What else is there!? It's like...it's like there's so many memories.

I looked over at Gaara, my eyes wide as he looked at me, but I quickly looked away.

I knew Gaara...we were both pretty cute...

Gaara's POV-

I watched as she looked at me with wide eyes, but when I looked back she turned away, her cheeks a light pink.

Her name is the same as the girl who was my first friend a long time ago. I always wondered what happened to her, because she just seemingly disappeared and I never saw her again.

I used to watch out my window, hoping to see her bright red hair again.

But I never did.

She left me just like everyone else.

She was probably scared of me.

But she looks just like her. If she just took off those goggles, I'd be able to see what color her eyes are. Maybe then I'll know if it's the Hanabusa I knew.

Her hair was super long too, I don't think she'd ever cut it.

It's probably not her. I should just stop thinking about it.

It's just the what if.

Hana's POV-

Finally, after an hour and a half, Ibiki finally told us pencils down.

He explained the last phase, though his mental torcher methods didn't work on me, because I know he's just bluffing.

After a few people started leaving, I took off my goggles and rubbed my eyes, they were throbbing after that last vision.

Gaara tensed slightly, so I thought he was going to get up. But when I looked over, his eyes went wide at me.

Maybe he remembers me. But really, who even remembers when they're seven or eight years old?

He stared into my eyes for a bit before I looked away, just as Naruto slammed his hand down onto the table.

Gaara's POV-

It's really her...but she doesn't look like she remembers me...

It's Hanabusa Jimi. My first friend.

(A/N:) hope you liked this chapter! I love you all! Have a super cool fresh..? Day :D