Chapter 41: Returning the Favor

"Gah! Naruto! Get off!!" Hana yelled as Naruto cried into her shoulder, holding her tightly as she stood there awkwardly.

"Wow, you made quite the recovery." Shikamaru said as Hana smiled, nodding as Naruto finally let her go.

"Are you alright now?" Hana asked as Naruto nodded, wiping his tears.

"I'm just so glad your okay!" Naruto yelled as he sniffled, Hana smiling as she fixed her goggles.

"Aww, thanks Naruto." Hana said with a smile as Shikamaru grumbled, mumbling about how he cared too.

"You too Shika." Hana said with a wink as Shikamaru blushed lightly.

"How could you Sakura! After all the times I've asked you out!" Naruto yelled as Hana laughed.

Sakura punched Naruto in the head, Hana laughing.

"It's just an errand." Shikamaru mumbled as Hana punched him in the arm.

"So Sakura, Huh? I really thought you'd have better taste.." Hana mumbled as she stopped laughing, Naruto rubbing his head.

"Oh shut it." Shikamaru grumbled as Sakura explained to Naruto the errand.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that Lady Tsunade just received a status report from Temari and the hidden sand village." Sakura said as everyone raised and eyebrow.

"What kind of status report?" Hana and Shikamaru questioned as they both scowled at each other.

They had been doing that a lot recently, and it was annoying the crap out of both of them.

"Well, I guess the hidden sand village has recently started a ninja training program, and have adopted the same curriculum as the leaf. The only thing is Temari and her two brothers are going to be the instructors." Sakura said as they all deadpanned.

"How did some like her get to become an instructor?" Shikamaru questioned as Hana's eyes lit up.

"Gaara is an instructor!? That's awesome!!" Hana yelled excitedly as Shikamaru laughed.

"Come on guys, let's go return the favor to the sand village!" Naruto yelled as Hana sighed.

"So this whole mission is so Gaara doesn't get kidnapped? Well that sounds fun." Hana said lazily as everyone sweat dropped.

"Wait, there's no jonin or anbu here, so why is Hana coming?" Kiba questioned as Shikamaru shrugged.

"The old hag wants me to 'blend in' and plus, if I'm running around and Rose sensei knows I'm alive, she may come back, yah know?" Hana said as she pulled down her goggles, rubbing her eye.

"I guess that makes sense..." Naruto mumbled as Shikamaru told them the plans for the ambush.

They all shot through the trees, following Shikamaru as they're put into pairs.

Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara ran through the trees, when a blast of wind stopped them.

Temari quickly blocked the wind with her own as a woman appeared.

"Another wind user." Temari said with a smirk. "You two go on ahead. I can take care of her."

"Are you sure of this?" Gaara asked as Temari nodded.

"Go save your student, Gaara." Temari said as Gaara nodded, continuing forward with Kankuro.

Gaara and Kankuro followed the two ninja that had Gaara's student, stopping again however when a long snake like sword shot from the bushes.