10. A x Turn x of x Events

I sat with Gon as he slept. His injuries had been taken care of and his sleeping face was so innocent. My mind drifted off as I wondered who would fail the exam but my thoughts were interrupted by a commotion coming from the exam site. I got up to check it out, my speed walk quickly turning into a sprint when the first thing I saw was blood. Bodoro had been murdered and based on the wound and his lack of presence it must have been Killua. I had run to the man, my ears not retaining my friend's yells. I tried to help him but it was clear he was gone. I looked at my now bloody hands as Leorio and Kurapika helped me up and walked me away. It was only then that I could hear again. I felt like I was underwater as Kurapika explained Illumi and Killua's encounter. I almost threw up when I realized that Illumi was using ren on Killua and that if I had just been there I could have stopped it. Tears filled my eyes but I suppressed them and listened to Kurapika finish. I could feel my heartbeat through my whole body as I walked into the room where I would be handed my license and briefed on it. When I walked in, my eyes drifted to Illumi Zoldyck. So, he was Killua's brother, huh? I decided I would find out where the hell Killua was after the briefing. I was seething, bloodlust basically rolling off my aura. I was a Guardian Hunter, damnit! Why hadn't I protected him? Before I walked to my seat I felt Hisoka walk by me and whisper,
"If you don't control your bloodlust I don't think I'll be able to control myself~" My face turned a bright red as I felt all my anger turn into embarrassment. Seriously? Was this adult man trying to flirt with me? I took my seat, finally calming down. Even if I was embarrassed and hated Hisoka, I was glad it had snapped me out of my bloodlust. I decided I would confront Illumi after the briefing. However, during the briefing, I hear a door open. I watch to see Gon walk in, looking just as beat up as before, but one thousand times angrier. I knew he must be feeling how I felt when I found out about what Illumi did. He walked down to Illumi and grabbed his arm, taking him out of his seat, and drilled him for details. As he did, I noticed that Gon had broken his arm. My eyes widened slightly. But the man didn't flinch. I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised. He was a Zoldyck after all. After the meeting where we tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the committee to not disqualify Killua, I followed Gon outside where he interrogated Illumi for Killuas whereabouts. He told us he would be on Kukuroo mountain. I vaguely recognized the place but understood I would have to look into it. As my friends said their goodbyes and started doing research on the mountain, I spotted Hisoka in the distance. I bit my lip and walked over to him. I had to know how he knew about Third Eye. I had to protect myself and my friends. I refused to be a liability in battle.
We walked into the next courtyard and stand around fifteen feet away from one another, the tension in the air compensating for our silence.
"I knew you would do it~," Hisoka said smugly, shuffling his deck of cards. I was tired of this guy's stupid mind games.
"Yeah. Now, what do you know about Third Eye?" He looks up and glances at me before returning to his cards.
"It's true that most don't know the Third Eye exists, so you're not in much danger from them anyway. But, for those who do know, there is a way to tell. When you get emotional, your aura flares up on the lower middle of your forehead, where your third eye is." I nodded and bit my lip. I had never noticed that before.. well, I had to be more cautious. I would have to practice leveling out my aura, even when I was upset.
"Hm. Thanks. So, how do you know about Third Eye in the first place? Who told you?" Hisoka smiled to himself and put his deck back in his pocket.
"As I said, I'm a 'talent scout'. I just love fighting powerful people. On the black market, a woman with the Third Eye is very expensive. There even a couple of your relatives who sell their services for high prices. There was only one Third Eye user who stood out to me, however. Her name was Eiko Freecss." My blood ran cold. My mother? Had Hisoka known my mom? My thoughts were scattered and even if I didn't want to be, I was now hanging onto every word Hisoka said. He crossed his arms and continued. His eyes looked distant as if he was holding onto a memory.
"Shame she died before I could fight her. She really was something else. But maybe I'll get a chance to fight you, her daughter." After he said that he turned and started walking away. I was reeling. Hisoka had known my mother? He wanted to fight her? He wants to fight me? What the hell was going on?
"Hisoka wait! How do you know my mom?" I was desperate as I called to him. In response, he just held his hand up.
"See you soon, Akasuki." And he was gone.