23. Forgotten x Message

The next morning I sat on the cliff side, taking in the scenery. After a couple moments I noticed Mitsuki. They sat beside me.
"Good morning!" I said, smiling at them. They nodded and looked back out at the ocean.
"Mitsuki... can I ask you a personal question?" I asked, looking at them. I noticed all the tiny scars around their face and body from the little I could see of it as curiosity peaked in my mind.
" you can ask. I may not answer. " I nodded. Sounded good to me.
"It's um... do you have any family? Like I told you about my parents and obviously you don't have to tell me anything but if you're okay with it I'm interested in knowing!" I exclaimed, my face blazing red and I scratched the back of my neck. They looked away for a moment before holding up a finger. Before they could respond I sensed a semi-powerful nen signature from inside the house. I jumped up and ran inside to make sure my friends were alright.
"Gon! Killua!" I yelled, running in to find Killua trying to beat up a cassette player. What the hell?
"Wha- what are you two doing?" The two explained to me the box Ging left as I took the box with the remaining game card and ring. I saw nen on them both as I twirled them in my hands. There was no ill intent, that much I could tell. The nen in the ring and game card matched the nen from the cassette tape. It was Gings nen. I furrowed my brow as Killua booted up the memory card.
"Huh. It looks like there's only one game saved on it.. it's called Greed Island," My eyes widened.
"Did you say Greed Island?" I asked, my voice cracking. Killua nodded.
"Yeah, do you know it?" Killua asked, clearly trying to figure out what this mystery game was.
"Yes. I do. Greed Island is a game made for Hunters. More specifically, nen users. To play the game you must know nen. My mom took a mission years back to rescue a Hunter who had said that if he didn't return in six months without a word that he was probably dead. I remember my mom was gone for a while herself... she came back three months later with the Hunter but she said I should never play that game. After that I didn't ask about it." Gon, Killua and Mitsuki looked intrigued as I stuffed my hands in my pocket.
"That ring is used in the game. I think your dad wants you to play it. I wouldn't recommend it though. My mom was a powerful Hunter and it still was hard for her." I explained, sighing. I could tell it wasn't getting through to Gon, however. He was only thinking about playing the game and following his dad.
"Akasuki... maybe it was for your mom.. maybe it is a really hard game but I have to try if I want to find Ging!" I sighed and nodded. I knew there was no talking him out of it. I ruffled his hair.
"Okay kiddo. Go find that game." The boys booted up the computer and started researching, finding out that the game was completely out of stock everywhere, even with used copies. Gon looked at me.
"Hey Akasuki?" I opened my eyes and nodded.
"What is it?" I asked, folding my arms in confusion.
"Your mom played the game, right? So do you think she has a copy?" I narrowed my brow and tried to remember.
"No. I remember she sold it the moment she finished the mission." Gon sighed and narrowed his eyes in thought. After a while we discovered that apparently we could find the game in the Yorknew City Auction. My eyes lit up and I blushed as I remembered Kurapika. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Pika

Hey Pika, how are you?

Then I turned my phone off and headed downstairs for dinner. There we saw a huge feast that Mito had made us!
"Wow! This looks amazing! Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, taking a seat.
"So what's the occasion?" Gon asked, a little confused.
"Well I figured you probably wouldn't be visiting for a while so... I want to make sure you leave with full stomachs!" Mito exclaimed, a smile on her face but a calm sadness in her aura. I could tell she would miss us. I smiled at her once again and took her hand.
"We'll visit! I promise." She smiled and nodded.
"You better! Now let's eat!"

That night I laid in my bed, thoughts of the past few months circling my mind. I thought of my new friends, Killua, Leorio, Mitsuki, and Kurapika and my new enemies, Hisoka and Illumi. I sighed and stretched my arms, sitting up in bed. There was no easy path from now on. Then again, had my life ever been easy? I sighed and took out my phone only to see that Kurapika had finally responded to my text.