25. Communication

We started to walk back to the hotel when suddenly I felt a presence behind us. Mitsuki and I stopped at the same time and I felt a cold dread fill me as I recognized the aura. It was none other than Hisoka.
"Great. And I thought tonight couldn't get any worse!" I mumbled, clenching my fists. Mitsuki seemed to notice this as I felt anger spike in their aura.
"Oh? No need to be so angry~ I just wanted to make sure you hadn't gotten killed at the auction~" I scoffed and turned.
"What the hell do you care?" I spat, starting to walk away. I didn't even get five steps before Hisoka was in front of me, his nails digging into my arm. I grit my teeth and looked at him. His hand was smooth and cold. His nails were sharp and pristine but despite that fact his touch made me feel small and dirty. That's when I felt Mitsuki's anger spike again as they brought their leg down on his wrist. He moved away before it hit and I tried to step back so I wasn't in his grasp. This time though he expected that and was behind me, pinning my wrists behind my back with one hand and holding a sharp card against my neck with the other. He gave a sharp look to Mitsuki that if they tried anything he would kill me right then and there.
"Because you're mine. I will be the one to kill you. Never forget that~" His aura was seeping so much bloodlust that I couldn't move out of fear. My mind was foggy as I started to dissociate, my mind trying to protect itself from any trauma. The only thing that stopped me was a low growl from Mitsuki's throat.
"Oh~ I remember you. You were the one who refused to fight me~" He licked his lips and looked at Mitsuki suggestively. They just kept growling as I felt their aura grew stronger. Hisoka used bungee gum to keep me where I was as he approached my friend, nothing but malice in his aura.
"Get away from them!" I yelled sending out my Tether vine. Hisoka dodged it as I wrapped it around Mitsuki. Then I sent it off, sending them back to the hotel. I could feel them trying to break free but my will was so strong even they couldn't. Once I knew they were safe I turned to Hisoka.
"Kill me if you want, but leave Mitsuki out of it," I said, my voice powerful. He smirked, licking his lips.
"Very well." I felt lust in his aura as he released the Bungee Gum holding me to the ground then disappeared. I extended my en and stayed in a fighting position, half expecting him to strike. After about twenty minutes I knew he was fully gone. I saw Mitsuki running up to me from the corner of my eye as I stood up, brushing off my dress. They were very angry. This wasn't going to be good...
" you idiot! he could have killed you! you are so fucking lucky he did not. now i get to kill you for being so fucking stupid." I blushed and held my hands up to protect me. That's when a thought surfaced from the back of my mind.
"Wait... did he say? ...killed?" My face blanched as I remembered Akira's kind face. Sure he was the son of a mafia boss but... before I could get a foot out to start running I was stopped by Mitsuki grabbing my wrists.
"O! Go." I watched them struggle to say what they were trying to say as I deciphered it. They were gone. It was too late for them. I collapsed onto the ground. I had failed. What kind of Guardian Hunter was I?
"I was right there damnit! I should've stayed and protected them!" I exclaimed, tears pouring out my eyes. I held myself as I cried, anger and pain and regret at the forefront of my mind. After a moment Mitsuki slid me a note.
" akasuki. you could not have done anything. you would also have died there if we had stayed. do not be stupid. challenging the phantom troupe is a guaranteed death. now get up. we have to go home." I read the note and got up, wiping my tears. Even if their words were harsh I knew they were right. Even if I wanted to be mad I couldn't be. One look at Mitsuki's aura and I could tell they were trying their very best.
The walk back was silent and tension-filled as I forced myself to stop crying. I wasn't of any use to anyone like this and I knew it. Still... to imagine all those people there... dead? It was a lot to take in. Before we walked into our hotel room I turned to Mitsuki.
"I need to get stronger. Tomorrow... while the boys do their thing, will you help me? Will you train me?" I asked, a glint of pain, fear, and determination in my eye. They nodded and we went inside our rooms to rest.

The next morning I was up bright and early, doing about an hours worth of warm-ups. Eventually, Mitsuki woke up too. They just watched me for a moment before the boys woke up and got ready then met up with Leorio. Mitsuki looked at me after they left.
" can you hold ren for over an hour? " I nodded.
" what is your current record?" I placed my finger on my lip and thought for a moment before meeting Mitsukis gaze.
"Two hours, why?" They nodded and looked away for a moment before writing in their notebook again.
" make it four. also, add protection when you are fighting. and I mean all the time. you are not fast enough to protect yourself and you rely to much on your pain tolerance and instincts. so stop being dumb and make nen armor or something. " I looked and them and groaned. I threw my head back and sighed before sitting down on the ground with my legs crossed. I placed my hands on my knees with my palms up and took a deep breath before beginning ren.

Two and a half hours. I broke at that point. I groaned and got up, finding myself something to eat. Mitsuki watched me.
"Do you want something?" They nodded and I ordered pizza for the two of us. Once the pizza arrived we sat across from each other on the floor and began to eat in silence. If I was being honest I had many questions about them. We'd been friends for a couple months now but I barely knew them.
"Mitsuki?" They looked up at me, covering their mouth with their hand as they chewed.
"Do you know sign language?" They seemed surprised but nodded. I smiled slightly. If they did then this would be a new way to get to know them!
"Can you teach me?" Their eyes widened as they finished chewing and set down the pizza. They looked at me in a sort of fascination, like they'd never seen anyone like me before.
"What is it?" I asked, scrunched my eyebrows as I asked. They took out their notepad and wrote,
" you want to learn? " I smiled and nodded and they looked at me again in confusion.
" why " I furrowed my brow at them. I wasn't sure why they were asking. Wasn't it obvious?
"Because you're my friend! And I want to be able to communicate with you better!" I explained, still smiling at the blue haired adult. They looked up at me and I noticed a light blush on their cheeks. They looked away and when they turned back to me it was gone.
" ok. finish eating and ill teach you while you practice ren. "