14. Phone x Calls

Hisoka. This couldn't be a coincidence. He must have signed up for a battle once we had left. Shit shit shit! He said he wanted to fight me and yet my dumbass still signed up for a fight. I was so stupid! Gon and Killua looked up at me, concern in their eyes.
"Are you okay?" Gon asked. I met his eyes and nodded.
"Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me!" I lied, plastering a smile on my face. I knew Killua could see through my act but he didn't say anything.
"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back later, okay?" I said, heading to the door. The boys seemed concerned but let me leave without protest. I walked out, anger fueling me. What about me made this clown so intent on fighting me? What was his problem? I was so pissed as I turned down the hall and found myself blocked by three figures. One had a peg leg and a red cloak on. I couldn't see their face because they had a gas mask on. One was in a wheelchair and the other had a large cloak like outfit on with a strange contorted face like a jack o lantern and was clearly missing an arm. This didn't help my mood as I approached.
"Excuse me," I said gruffly, about to push past them.
"Wait just a minute there, rookie." Said the man with an abnormal face as he grabbed my arm. I took a couple of steps back and pulled my arm away from him with ease.
"What do you want?" I asked, frustrated, and not really in the mood for a fight. The man who had grabbed my arm just smiled slightly, causing the man in the wheelchair to smile too. I grit my teeth and clenched my fist. This was so fucking annoying.
"We just want to talk. You're Akasuki, the one who will be fighting Hisoka tomorrow, correct?" I raised an eyebrow, releasing some of my tension in the process. Had word gotten around that fast? Or had Hisoka told them directly? Either way, I could tell these guys weren't working with Hisoka. They were much weaker than him and I bet he wouldn't waste a glance on them.
"That's correct. Now, who are you?" I asked, trying to avoid conflict as I scanned their auras. They were powerful, sure, but nothing I couldn't handle. I did pay attention to the bloodlust seeping from every one of their auras, however, and prepped myself accordingly.
"I'm Sadaso, this is Riehlvelt and this is Gido, the one who will be fighting the boy, Gon." My eyes widened. Gon already had a fight? Shit! He had only mastered ten.. what if they killed him? Yeah, they were nothing compared to Hisoka but still... I had to protect Gon.
"Listen here losers, I don't know what you want from us but I'll tell you this. I will defend those boys with my very life." I spat, my voice filled with poison. "And you really don't want to fuck with me." The man named Sadaso only smiled and took a step forward, grabbing my wrist in the process.
"You can't protect them if Hisoka kills you tomorrow, can you?" He hissed, pressing a pressure point on my wrist. I didn't even wince as I quickly kicked his leg and turned him around, pinning his arm that had been holding my wrist behind his back and slamming him against the wall. I formed a wall of vines concealed around us (I called this ability Jungle Wall) and whispered into the man's ear;
"Leave us the fuck alone." I twisted his wrist until I heard it pop. He was sweating and obviously in pain but refused to yell out. His friends tried to attack but my Jungle Wall blocked them. Then I let go of him and walked away, letting my bloodlust keep them from coming after me.

A couple of minutes later I took a step into the chilly night air, pissed off and alone. That's when I heard my phone ding.

Kurapika

Hey, how are you?

I smiled as I looked at the notification. It was almost like he knew when I was upset.

I've been better.. We got to the 200th floor of the Heaven's Arena but...

What's wrong?

My first fight is tomorrow. With none other than Hisoka.

Hisoka!?!