18. Coming x Out x on x Top

I woke up in Heavens Arena. I was layed on the ground by the reception desk. I opened my eyes to see Killua picking up Zushi from the man in the wheelchair. For a second I was confused before the memories came rushing back. I wanted to fight them. I wanted to hurt them bad enough so they'd never try to hurt my friends again, but I could barely stand, let alone fight right now. Killua looked at me as I forced myself to stand up. I used Makeshift to form my staff and used it as a walking stick.
"You're alright?" He asked, no emotion present in his voice. "Yeah. I'm fine." I responded, bloodlust seeping from every pore in my body. Those idiots thought they were so strong just because they got the jump on me? How sorely mistaken they were. I wanted to pummel them right here and now but I knew to choose my battles. I'd deal with them another time. Actually, I knew exactly how I would handle them.
"You want to fight? I'll fight. What days?"

The day had come. First Killua would fight Sadaso. Then Gon would fight Sadaso. Then I would fight Sadaso. After those matches I would fight Gido, then Gon would and finally Killua would. After that Killua would fight Riehlvelt, then Gon and finally I would. That was the plan. Sadaso had failed to show for all three of our matches. Now I would fight Gido. If I was being honest I expected that Killua had threatened Sadaso and he had left Heavens Arena. Killua was pretty terrifying when he was angry... I looked in the mirror one last time before making the three of us breakfast. I really didn't want to get my new outfit dirty yet so I had decided to wear something different for today's match. I was wearing a black top that was flowy but came together at the ends, like my old pants I had worn during the Hunters Exam. It had long, puffy sleeves and came a little up my neck but not far enough to disturb my spiked collar. There was a cutout on the shirt showing my chest and the shirt cut off below my boobs. It was tight to my skin on the cutoff as I also wore black cargo pants to match. Of course I was still wearing my green boots. I had done my hair tightly against my head and imbued it with nen so that I would stay no matter what. The atmosphere in the small room was grim as I served breakfast.
"You got a plan?" Killua asked as he watched me eat. I nodded.
"What ever happened between you and Hisoka when you fought?" Gon asked, a dark, protective feeling seeping from his aura. I sighed. I had avoided talking about my match with Hisoka until now but I guess I couldn't hide it for much longer.
"Hisoka. He implied he killed my mom. Or was at least there when she died." I said, my voice hard as rock as I stared at my food. Gons eyes widened. "What?"
"My mom died trying to protect Kurapikas clan from the Phantom Troupe. If he was there that means he's a spider." I said simply, anger and hatred filling my voice.
"Wait.. your mom knew Kurapika? When did you find this out?" Killua asked, completely shocked. I sighed.
"In Trick Tower. When we were trapped in that room Kurapika and I realized it. There's no way Hisoka could have known... there's no way he's just messing with me! He had to have been there!" I exclaimed. Still... it was possible he was lying. I didn't see it in his aura then but he knew about my ability! He could have been manipulating his aura so I didn't realize he was lying. My head hurt as we finished eating in silence. As I cleaned up I felt Gon walk up to me. I turned and the look in his eyes made all my rage melt away.
"I'm sorry Akasuki... I'll make sure that when I punch him in his stupid face I'll make it hurt for you." My eyes widened and I enveloped Gon in a hug, letting a few tears fall. He hugged me back as I said,
"Thanks Gon. You're the best little cousin a girl could ask for."

I skipped out, humming a song to myself as I watched my opponent across the stage. Gido was cocky and excited. He believe he was guaranteed a win. Oh how wrong he was.
"Now the match you have all been waiting for! Akasuki versus Gido!" The crowd cheered and I yawned.
"Akasuki has a one to one record with a defeat at the hands of Hisoka and a win by default after Sadaso didn't show up! How will she perform today?" I grit my teeth. Wow that really framed me as a loser huh. No matter. I would win this match.
"You win by points or knockout," I dropped my facade and strengthened my stance, leaving no openings.
"There is no time limit." Gido didn't move.
"BEGIN!" As soon as the word left the referees mouth, Gido went into his Tornado Top, accelerating at a speed no one could counter. Or so it seemed. I smiled slightly and remembered how they threatened my friends, letting the anger build up inside of me. I focused on all the rage and pain and anger that I had built up and funneled it once again into my aura. Before he could notice I used Star Burst, distracting him as I sent my Tether vine for his leg, bringing him to a grinding halt. Then I disappeared, running over to Gido as I weakened Tether slightly to use Makeshift to form my staff. He noticed this and sent out his tops which I easily knocked aside using my staff. I could feel the wear on my Tether vine as I finally let go of it, focusing all my aura into my staff as I swung directly for Gidos head. He ducked but I caught the top of his cloak, singeing it off with my raw power and speed. He grabbed my ankle and started spinning again, just as I expected him too. I let go of my staff and used the new ability I'd been working on called Poison Ivy. I conjured a vine riddled with thorns and poppy seed aura and wrapped it around the arm gripping my leg. Before the poison took effect, he threw me across the arena, sending me flying into midair. As I flew I used the vine to grip to the floor and send me back to the tiled square, landing gracefully and watching for a moment as Gidos spinning became slower and slower. It came to a grinding halt as he fell onto the floor, sleep ready to overtake him. I walked over and stood over the barely conscious man.
"I told you not to mess with my friends. If you try something again I'll make sure you don't survive next time." His eyes closed as he gave in, the referee approaching, checking him to see if he could still fight.
"Akasuki wins by knockout!"