30. A x Realization

THIRD PERSON POV

Holding Akasuki in Kurapikas arms made Kurapika feel like he was holding the world. Akasukis soft breathing against his shirt made his heart flutter and the hair on his neck stand on edge. He didn't want to wake his lover, watching the woman that he thought to be the best thing that ever happened to him in his arms. Kurapika found himself confused. He wasn't full of rage... he wasn't empty. He wasn't sad. He was... content, happy even. It confused him. He had only felt this twice before. Trick Tower and the moment that Akasuki and him shared their first kiss. Kurapika found himself blushing at the memory. And yet... despite the talk of the Troupe, despite the decision to not pursue them for the moment, Kurapika wasn't upset. He pondered his feelings for a while as Akasuki slept until he realized.
Akasuki had quelled the tempest in his heart. Even if it was just for one night, revenge seemed to be something he could wait for. And he knew why he could wait. Because if he didn't, Akasuki would get hurt. And for some reason, Akasukis safety meant more to Kurapika then his revenge. That realization baffled the Kurta as he watched his lover with interest and gratitude. How could one person affect him this much?
Kurapika paused. He didn't know what romantic love was, not really anyway. He had never experienced it. But now... why did this woman make his heart flutter? Make him falter in his ambitions? Why did Akasuki make his knees weak?
Deep down he knew the answer. He wasn't alone anymore. Kurapika had found something... someone that was worth protecting. And he would never let that go. Because he had fallen hopelessly in love with Akasuki Freecss.

○○○○○

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello everyone! I have refrained from making authors notes as I normally don't have much to say but I just want to thank everyone. I know the ending is shorter and sort of anticlimactic but I didn't want to force myself to write something that I was even less satisfied with. I really hoped you all enjoyed reading this novel as much as I enjoyed writing it. I started this about a year ago and wrote most of the chapters in late 2020. After that my writing started to slack a bit as mental illness and simply lack of interest took hold. Despite this, I have truly fallen in love with Akasuki, Mitsuki and their relationships with the canon characters and I hope you all have as well. I'm so incredibly thankful for all the support and love I've received over the course of writing this. You are all amazing and lovely! If you like my writing, feel free to follow me. I'm really into Genshin Impact right now so I may write something revolving around that if you're interested. Anyways this is getting long so once again, thank you all. I'm so glad you all enjoyed. Farewell!
- Min

🎉 You've finished reading Trials and Tribulations - A Kurapika x FEM!O.C. Fanfiction (HUNTER X HUNTER) 🎉