15. A x Sickening x Crunch

The first thing I did was activate gyo. Next, I ran at Hisoka so fast any normal person wouldn't be able to see. I appeared behind him and launched my fist into his back. He sidestepped and made a grab for my wrist which I dodged using my vines to propel me backward. I catch myself and run at him again, making it look like an attempt to headbutt his stomach. At the last second, I backflip into the air and prepare my leg, putting some ko into it as it smashes into the left side of his face. He backs up and touches his nose, a drop of blood on his finger. I grinned.
"Critical hit! Two points to Akasuki!" The referee called.
"I knew I didn't make a mistake, Akasuki." A shiver rolled down my spine as I strengthened my stance. His eyes may have been unreadable but his aura certainly wasn't. It was filled with bloodlust and excitement. I could tell he was enjoying this from simply a glance.
"You want to know about your mother, right?" I felt anger swell in me as I grit my teeth, forcing myself to stay calm.
"I talked with your mother a few times. I even remember seeing you when you were nothing more than a toddler.. oh how you've grown~ Eiko would be so proud.." My eyes flared up.
"DON'T SAY HER NAME!" I yelled, running at him, extending my vines to activate Natural Predator, instantly doubling the bloodlust in my aura. I throw punch after punch, kick after kick, but he dodges them all returning my efforts with a punch to my side.
"Hit. One point to Hisoka,"
I stumbled back and tried to regain my breath. I knew I was too emotional. I knew he was relying on that. I had to get an advantage! That's when a new idea came to mind. What if, I turned my emotions into aura, which I turned into the light? My eyes widened and I grinned. I focused for a moment and imagined a funnel, pouring my emotions into my aura. Within seconds my aura had doubled in size. Hisoka smirked.
"What are you waiting for? Come attack me." I smiled and held my ground.
"What are you waiting for? You're the one who wanted to fight, now fight me!" I was excited and filled with joy. He narrowed his eyes then walked towards me, one step at a time in rythm until the last second where he goes so fast I can barely see. At that second I close my eyes and activate my idea, turning my aura into pure light, blinding anyone in my en. I dodged and opened my eyes, seeing a very annoyed Hisoka with his eyes squeezed shut. He didn't make a sound.
"What was that? A new move? A sudden burst of light from Akasuki has seemingly blinded Hisoka!" The announcer exclaimed. The referee looked a little confused but nodded to the audience.
"Hit. One point to Akasuki." I smiled slightly as I watched Hisoka start to regain vision. As he did I ran, using Makeshift to tighten my vines into a staff, in an attempt to knock out his legs. Despite his lack of vision he dodges and comes from behind me, elbowing my back. I gasped and stumbled forward as he turned, this time attacking from the front. He attempted a left uppercut which I blocked with my staff. I could tell he was going to start trying to fight now. He uses my staff to his advantage, grabbing the opposite end and slamming one side into my cheek before I could react.
"Critical hit! Two points to Hisoka."
I grit my teeth and jump back, spitting out blood as the two of us stood on opposite sides of the arena once more.
"It appears our fighters are currently tied for points! Hisoka has three while Akasuki also has three! Has Hisoka finally met his match?" The crowd was ecstatic. I bit my lip once more and steadied myself. Neither of us was that injured but it was obvious Hisoka had the advantage. His hits had damaged me much more than mine had him and his own raw strength was insurmountable to my own.
"Do you want to know how I met your mother?" He asked, his voice raw with malice and lust. I adjusted my pose, placing my left fist holding my staff in front of my face while extending my right arm. From my extended fist, I sent my vines, about four strands all attempting to wrap around Hisoka. He sensed my attack and dodged, kicking up a slab on the floor as he did so. Suddenly I had no idea where he was until I felt his aura right next to my head. I dodged just barely as his fist grazed the back of my head. I was disoriented now as I stumbled forward, close to hitting the ground. My brain was rattled as I used my vines to catch myself. Hisoka attacked me again, using a kick to catch my legs in my disoriented state. He swept them out from under me and I fell onto the floor on my back. All of my breath was gone. I gasped and looked at his face as he stood over me.
"You look so much like your mother. I remember she looked like that when she took her last breath." I felt hatred and anger in every cell in my body. All I wanted to do was kill this stupid fucking clown. He had lied. He was with the Phantom Troupe when my mother died. He was responsible for her death.
"Can you fight?" The referee's voice was nothing more than an echo to the blood pumping through my veins as I stood up. I wanted to be the one to kill this man. I nodded then unleashed my ren to its full capacity, forcing it to fill the entire battle area. The referee moved out of the way, standing on the floor and watching.
"What is this? The referee has backed up and Akasuki looks like she wants to kill Hisoka! Just what did he say to get her so fired up?" Hisoka smiled and unleashed some of his own ren.
"Now that's more like it." I ran at him, changing my staff into a sword as I aimed for his neck. He dodged and came up behind me, attempting to grab the back of my neck. I extended my vines from my back, using Hisoka's own body to propel myself out of harm's way. Before I can let go of them, he took hold of my vines and threw them with all his might towards the wall, sending me with them. As I fly through the air I use Tether to grab onto a notch in a tile. I bring myself flying back towards Hisoka, using the same vine to send up the tile which I smash to pieces with my fist charged with ken. After that I used zetsu and ran at him, landing a solid punch to his stomach that sent him skidding back.
"Critical hit! Two more points awarded to Akasuki!" I can't even catch my breath before Hisoka runs at me, launching five consecutive attacks. I dodge them only at the last second to realize they were distracting me from the true attack. A large rock flies at me from behind, hitting my neck with a sickening crunch. I collapse to the ground, barely conscious as pain fills my entire body. Hisoka stands over me and smiles.
"You know, Akasuki, you might have won if you had remembered to use gyo after losing your temper." All I did was smile. He hadn't noticed... I knew I would lose when I lost consciousness but before that, I saw one last fruit of my labor. My vine sword came soaring through the air, cutting straight through the finger pointed at me. The last thing I saw before drifting into nothingness was a slight look of shock on Hisoka's face as his finger fell onto the floor.

--

NEW ABILITY:

STARBURST - A ability that can only be used when Akasuki is very emotional. She turns her emotions into aura which she turns into light, temporarily blinding anyone in a five-foot radius. (Transmuter technique)

FRONTAL LOBE - Using her fist as a base she sends out vines from it, attacking her opponent from the front.