20. Awkward x Moments

I woke up in a hospital bed, pain filling my entire body. I touched my hand to my head and looked to my side. On the table next to my bed sat a piece of paper and a glass of water. Before taking anything I decided to assess my injuries. I looked down and saw my leg in a cast as well as several bandages over my entire body, including my ribs. Based on the pain I guessed they broke a couple. I sighed and laid down, focusing my aura into my hands. I lightly touched inside my cast and watched my aura flow to my broken leg. I could already feel it starting to heal even if it was a slow process. I did this for about a hour until I got tired and stopped, looking back at the table and taking the note resting on it. Written in scrawled, barely legible handwriting was this;

hello! mitsuki here. i am sorry that i broke your leg. and your ribs. and maybe your nose. i feel bad. i will buy you dinner. please circle one and leave it at room 492.
YES or YES (but by force)

My eyes widened as I read the note. Were they kidding? Jesus Christ. I put the note back on the table and leaned back into bed, holding my hand to my head as I started laughing uncontrollably. Every laugh and movement hurt like hell but I couldn't stop myself as I just laughed at my situation. It was just so ridiculous. This person breaks about four bones of mine, drags me by my hair and kicks me while I'm down and now they want to buy me dinner? Where they mocking me? In any case I wanted answers. I wanted to lay on my side in the bed but I couldn't with my broken bones so I just closed my eyes until I eventually fell asleep.
I was released from the hospital the next day. Gon and Killua had decided to meet me outside the hospital and walk me home.
"So... that fight with Mitsuki was really intense, right?" Gon asked, trying to break the silence.
"That's one way to put it," Killua said. Gon elbowed him. "Killua!" I just laughed. Gon smiled at me laughing. My defeat was so embarrassing that Gon was pitying me... wow.
"I'm fine guys.. I just realized that I have a lot more to learn!" I gave them a reassuring smile as we walked inside, eventually coming to the two hundredth floor. Before we parted ways to our respective rooms I turned to Gon.
"Whens your match with Hisoka? You fulfilled his demands, right?" He scratched the back of his head and nodded.
"Yeah, it's five days from today..." Gon said. I could tell he was nervous. I placed my hand on his back.
"Don't worry, you're going to do amazing!" He smiled and nodded then we turned, leaving each other behind. On my way to my room I passed 492 and slid the note underneath the door. As I did the door opened. Mitsukis small frame stood there. We just watched each other for a moment before they took out a notepad.
"I'm hungry. Want to go now?" I shrugged. I was hungry too. Then again I had just come all the way up to the two hundredth floor on crutches and I had to go back down? Whatever. I just wanted to get this over with.
"Sure," They nodded and left the room, locking their door. I sighed and walked down the hall with them, not saying a word. Eventually we came to the restaurant and took a empty booth seat. I noticed how Mitsuki sat. They sat with their knees up, resting on the balls of their feet. It was strange but then again a lot about them was strange. The first twenty minutes we just sat in the most awkward silence imaginable. I was frankly pissed off. They had broken a shit ton of my bones then invited me to dinner where they had the audacity to not start a conversation? Who did they think they were? I felt my anger and resentment grow until I couldn't be silent any longer.
"So... why do you fight so dirty?" I asked, scratching the back of my head. "Like.. I guess I could see you breaking my leg, I left myself wide open but.. why did you kick my already broken leg and slam my head against the ground when I was already out of it? Plus you pulled my hair and just... damn." They looked at me for a moment with those cold yellow eyes until they put a finger and took out their notepad.
"i fight the way i do as i am from meteor city and i did not receive special training. seeing you are asking genuinely. i do not have any martial art experience and am self taught so my fighting style could be perceived as dirty or, unfair." My eyes widened as I read the note. Meteor City huh? Wasn't that the place that technically doesn't exist? I bit my lip. They must have had a terrible childhood. I mean just looking at them it was obvious. Their arms and hands were completely covered with bandages and they didn't even have a tongue... What hell had they gone through? As I was thinking they slid me a second note.
" i am sorry for pulling your hair but it is an opening. you should not leave openings." I looked back up again and felt my anger and hostility wash away. Although they were intimidating I could tell they didn't feel any malice towards me. I smiled at them.
"Yeah... I really need to improve my fighting. I would be honored if you would teach me..." I said, my voice soft as I bowed my head. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the waiter bring our food. For Mitsuki it was a bowl of strawberry ice cream and for me it was a plate of spaghetti. I thanked the waiter and as Mitsuki ate I could tell they were thinking. They held up a finger and after they finished their bite, started to write.
"i will teach you if you buy me icecream afterwards." I laughed and held out my hand.
"It's a deal!"