The Funeral Quigley Quagmire x Reader

By the way, for this chapter, F/n means father's name just so you know!

Y/n's P.O.V.

It was the day of my father's funeral and I was very sad that I had to say goodbye to him. I couldn't believe that this was happening. Four months ago, he was diagnosed with Stage III lung cancer and now he was gone. As I finished getting ready for the funeral, I slipped a knee length black dress on and fixed my hair.

 As I finished getting ready for the funeral, I slipped a knee length black dress on and fixed my hair

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Are you ready to go?" Quigley asked. He gently massaged my shoulders and felt slightly better. "As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed. Quigley was the one who told me that my father had lost his battle to lung cancer, we held each other for a long time and didn't let go. My sister was stuck in New York so she couldn't come to the funeral so I was the one who had to give the eulogy.

Quigley and I got into our car and drove down to the church where the funeral was. My fiancé and I sat down in one of the front pews and waited for the funeral to start. I looked at the casket where I saw my lifeless father lying there, and I started crying. "Baby, it's gonna be okay," Quigley whispered as he gently rubbed my back. When everyone was seated, the minister walked over to the podium.

"Thank you everyone for gathering here today to celebrate the life of F/n M/n L/n, if anybody would like to say a few words about him, please come up here," the minister announced. "Do you want me to go up there with you?" Quigley whispered. I needed his comfort especially in front of my father's friends and family. I nodded, and we walked up to the podium together, I stopped at my father's coffin and placed a single rose inside the coffin.

"Thank you for coming to celebrate my father's life. He was a great man, he took care of me  and my older sister when mom died, I think he would be very happy to be reunited for my mother again. He loved everyone he met, daddy I'm gonna miss you so much!" I sniffled wiping my tears away. When I was done, I buried my face in Quigley's chest as he said a few words.

"Y/n's father was a great man, he loved his daughters and he was very nice to me. He even helped me propose to my fiancée, Mr. L/n, thank you for taking care of my fiancée and her family, we'll see you in heaven," When Quigley and I got back in our seats, I laid my head on his shoulder and cried as other people said a few words.

"Baby, it's okay, we're gonna get through this together," Quigley whispered.