Chapter 11

You lay in your bed staring up at the ceiling, clutching your pillow to your chest, Hana's words repeating in your head over and over.

"Ooo, look at the lovebirds!"

"No Hana it's not like that. We're just friends!"

"Yeah right, just make sure I'm the maid of honour at your wedding!"

You buried your face into your pillow as you felt the tips of your ears burning. You had held hands with Yamaguchi because he was your friend, right? That was what friends did, wasn't it? You didn't actually have feelings for Yamaguchi, did you? 

Hana's words were beginning to get to you again. This always happened when the tiniest part of you believed whatever she had said was right.

You flipped onto your stomach and groaned. Why did feelings have to be so complicated. You didn't feel any different towards him now to as you did in middle school and when you were kids but why was this stressing you out so much?

You heard a gentle knock at your window, and you bolted upright. It was Yamaguchi. Great. Now you had to see the one person that you were feeling conflicted about. You reached over to your window to open it and Yamaguchi climbed in onto your bed.

"Hey, Tadashi," you whispered, trying to act as normal as possible. 

"Sorry, was I interrupting something, I just had to come make sure you were okay, you know, after what Hana said I- "

"Ahh, don't worry about what Hana said, its fine y'know, not like there's anything going on between us, right?" you laughed nervously.

"Oh, yeah right, of course not, Hana was just being silly again," he chuckled looking down at your (F/C) bedsheets, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah, duh, it's not like I like you like that, you're my best friend, nothing more," you continued, oblivious to the disheartened look that had spread across Yamaguchi's face.

"Uh, yeah well that's all, I guess I'll be going now, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

The boy got up and climbed out of the window.

"Wait, Tadashi, you usually stay for longer, is everything okay?" you asked him worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine, I just need to go" he said quickly as he climbed back out of the window. 

"Oh, ok then, sweet dreams..." you called out failing to notice how dejected your friend looked. He smiled at you through the window before drawing his curtains. You stared at his curtains for a while before snapping back into reality.

"Agh, why did I say sweet dreams? He probably thinks I'm stupid now" you groaned.

Wait, you thought to yourself, since when did you care what Tadashi thought of you? You slapped your cheeks with both hands and stared at yourself in the mirror.

No.

There was no way.

Was Hana-chan actually right?

You took a deep breath as you began to think things over. You had just thought about how you didn't feel any different hadn't you?

"Tadashi is my friend, I can't ruin that with whatever's going in in my head" you frowned.

He had been your best friend since you had first moved to Japan and you didn't know whether this was going to ruin your relationship or make it even better. You probably weren't going to risk finding out.

You pushed these thoughts to the back of your mind as you started to prepare for school the next day. Just continuing like normal was going to be the best solution.

Oh my goodness, has (Y/N) caught feelings? How unexpected in an x reader fanfic, I am truly shocked. Anyways, I got a volleyball today and the Haikyuu boys make it look so easy. I now have a lot more respect for Nishinoya and Daichi because receives HURT.

Ahaha so you probably don't care but this is me from the future and I'm editing all these chapters and they're all so short and idk how to make them longer. Also I think (Y/N) caught feelings way to quick but idk how feelings work so I'm just gonna go with the flow of what I've already written.