Chapter 40

You, Mako, Eri, Yuki, Kaori, Kiyoko and Yachi all sat in a circle in the middle of the room.

"So who's got a crush on who?" Yukie asked grinning as she looked directly at you, so did everyone else.

"Why are you all looking at me?" you asked as you blushed.

You knew exactly why they were looking at you.

"Oh come on (Y/N) we all saw what happened just now" Kaori smirked.

"Tadashi's just my best friend" you stated simply, you were going to try and hold your ground. 

"So? Kaori's my best friend and I don't go giving her forehead kisses" Yukie said as she glanced at Kaori.

"Yeah there's no point denying it (Y/N) it's obvious how you both feel" Eri said.

"(Y/N), I have known you the longest out of everyone here and it was clear the moment I saw you two together" Kiyoko said as she smiled slightly.

"I didn't know you were interested in this stuff Kiyoko" you said.

"There are lots of things you don't know about me" she smiled as she pushed her glasses up slightly.

"I'm sorry (Y/N) I tried not to listen but there's too much evidence!" Yachi exclaimed, "the way he looks at you it's just I can't explain it"

You sighed.

"Okay you guys got me, maybe I do like him a little bit" you said as you rolled your eyes.

"A little bit? LIES, you're in love with him!" Mako exclaimed.

"I know and it's so frustrating!" you groaned, your plan hadn't worked out.

They all blinked at you.

"I didn't think it would be that easy to get her to admit it" Yukie mumbled.

"So Kuroo was right?" Yachi asked.

"Haha I guess so but he's still annoying" you grumbled.

"So (Y/N) how long have you been in love with him?" Kaori smirked as she leaned her head on her hands.

"I'm not sure I think I only just accepted it a few weeks into high-school but I might have liked him before that" you mumbled. 

"You mean you don't know?" Eri asked.

You shook your head.

"Sorry I guess I'm supposed to but I just don't know" you shrugged as you looked up apologetically.

"Hey we get it (Y/N)" Yukie reassured you as she gave you a quick hug.

"Yep feelings are complicated so no pressure" Kaori smiled.

You smiled at them gratefully.

"So are you gonna ask him out or are you waiting for him?" Kiyoko asked.

"I'm not sure if I should say this but Yamaguchi doesn't seem like the type to ask people out" Yachi said as you nodded in agreement.

"Tadashi doesn't have much confidence so I don't think he believes that anyone could like him and I've constantly been saying he's just my friend..." you trailed off as you realised your mistakes.

Everyone stared at you as you hugged your knees closer to you and sat in silence for a few seconds.

"What have I done... Tadashi I'm so sorry" you whispered.

"Quick you need to ask him out!" Yukie said excitedly.

"But what if he doesn't actually like me?" you asked.