Chapter 29

"Why are you so happy today (Y/N)?" Yamaguchi asked.

It was Monday and you were very excited about the surprise that Kiyoko had prepared.

"It's a secret" you said smugly.

"A secret? I thought we didn't have any of those!" he exclaimed.

"Well I might have a few secrets, but you'll find out about this one soon so don't worry," you smiled confidently at the boy.

"Okay, wait you have a few?" he asked.

"Well yeah, I'm sure you do too, right?" you replied.

"Well, maybe but not really?" he mumbled.

You raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"Maybe, but not really?" you questioned.

"Well I haven't really got secrets because I shared them just not with you..." he was starting to get redder by the second.

You said nothing for a while as you tried to process his statement, he didn't tell you everything anymore? You didn't know why this hurt you because you also kept things from him, but you couldn't share those thoughts with him, it would be too embarrassing. But if he wasn't sharing with you, then who was he sharing them with? Tsukki? Hana? You decided to try not to think about it too much.

"Do you not trust me then?" you asked quietly.

"Wait no that's not it at all, I trust you with all my heart its just that ummm, well I don't really know how I would tell you I guess" he explained.

"Why don't you just tell me now then?" you suggested.

Yamaguchi went bright red.

"I'm not ready yet!" he squeaked.

"Why?" you giggled "I'm not gonna do anything to you, hey are you okay? You're really red."

"I'm fine!" he said. 

"Okay, but you will tell me, right? If you do, I promise I'll tell you all my secrets okay, you're my best friend and I don't want us to keep anything from each other," you said seriously.

Yamaguchi suddenly got very serious as he looked you in the eyes.

"I promise I will tell you one day, just not yet, I'm not ready."

"Really?" you asked.

"Yes" he replied firmly. 

"Okay then, but for now you should look forward to practice today, there might be a surprise!" you teased.

"Really, how do you know about it then?" he asked.

"I have my ways" you said mystically. 

"Your ways? Now you're trying to sound all mysterious?" Yamaguchi laughed.

"Oh, come on I've always wanted to say that!" you pouted. Yamaguchi chuckled at the sight.

"Don't tell Hinata though, you know he won't be able to keep his mouth shut," you laughed softly.

"Oh no he wouldn't!" Yamaguchi laughed as well. 

"Well I need to get to class now, I'll see you later," you said as you waved goodbye.

"Bye (Y/N)" he replied as he waved too.

Time skip to practice~

"I have something for you all" Kiyoko stated quietly. 

She looked at you and you nodded. You both walked up to the second floor and threw the banner over the edge. The team stared at in shock. The banner wasn't fancy, it was simply black with 'fly' written on it in kanji. Then Kiyoko started to speak.

"D-do, do your best" she said quietly before running off.

Then tears exploded from the third and second years.

"Our beautiful Kiyoko!" they cried.

"Uh, I'll go see if she's okay," you said as you ran to Kiyoko.

"I'm fine, don't worry," she assured you quietly.

"Thank you, Kiyoko!" everyone shouted as you smiled at her.

"See, they love it," you said reassuringly as Kiyoko smiled shyly.

"Now we're definitely going to win!" Hinata shouted excitedly.

So for some reason this fanfic has over 4k reads now, like what? Do you guys actually like this? Honestly tho, thank you, like that's a lot of reads and I remember getting excited when it first got 3 reads.