Chapter 38

"So your crazy first years aren't coming?" Kuroo asked as you came back with the water bottles.

"They are, they just had to take extra classes since they failed their exams" you replied.

"Oh wait I forgot to give you this" Kuroo said as you put the bottles down.

"A jacket?" you asked as he held the red piece of clothing out to you.

"Yep, it's Kenma's old one, I figured it would probably fit you better than my old one" he explained.

"Why do I need it?" you asked as you raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're Nekoma's temporary manager, you need a jacket!" he exclaimed.

"Okay..." you said as you hesitantly took the jacket from him.

"Don't worry I washed it, plus Kenma doesn't like to sweat much" he said.

"Uh, thanks?" you said as you put the jacket on.

"Hey guys don't they look great?" Kuroo asked as he called the rest of Nekoma over.

"They sure do!" Lev said as the rest of Nekoma nodded, even Kenma.

"Oh thanks" you said as you smiled at them.

You had only been introduced to Lev recently but you had already started to become friends since the two of you had managed to bond over the fact that you were both half Japanese. You thought he was pretty funny and he found it amusing how you were always annoyed at Kuroo for one reason or another.

"No problem" Lev replied as he grinned back at you.

Kuroo wrapped his arm around your shoulder and whispered in your ear.

"Now don't you go getting feelings for Lev, I've got a wedding to plan"

"Oh shut up!" you said as you shoved him off. Kuroo just laughed.

"AKAASHI!" you heard someone screech.

You turned around to see the Bokuto that Kuroo had mentioned to you before.

"DON'T TOSS TO ME ANYMORE!" he cried.

"Is he okay? He looks kinda emotional" you asked Kuroo.

"Yeah, he's just gone into his emo mode" Kuroo replied bluntly.

"Emo mode?" you asked in confusion.

"Yeah, but don't worry he's usually pretty happy" Kuroo explained.

"Okay..." you trailed off.

"Hey (Y/N) do you think you could go fill my water up again?" Lev asked as he walked over to you.

"Again?" you asked, you could've sworn you'd done this about twice already in the past hour.

"Sorry" Lev blushed.

"It's fine, don't worry" you said, smiling as you took the bottle from him, brushing his hands slightly.

"Thanks (Y/N)" he said as you walked to go to the tap again.

"Oh hey Yachi" you said as you reached the tap.

"(Y/N), hey, oh your jacket" she said as she realised what you were wearing.

"Yeah, Kuroo gave it to me because apparently I need it since I'm their temporary manager" you explained as you made quote marks when you said 'temporary manager'.

"Well that makes sense I guess" she replied.

"Has Karasuno won any games yet?" you asked as you made polite conversation.