Chapter 33

"You mean we get to go to a training camp in Tokyo?" Hinata shouted in excitement.

"Yeah, it's usually just a training camp for the schools in the Fukorodani Academy Group but they've allowed us to come on this one too," Takeda explained.

"Wow Tadashi it looks like you get to go on another training camp," you said as you looked up at your friend.

He smiled down at you, "yeah".

"Does that mean I get to play against Kenma again?" Hinata was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement while Kageyama looked at him unimpressed even though he was excited himself.

"But there is one thing," Takeda began, "you'll have to pass all your exams in order to go to the training camp."

Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata and Kageyama all went into shock.

"We have to pass exams?" they barely managed to say, it looked as if their souls had left their body's.

"Surely it can't be that bad?" Suga asked nervously.

"I've only ever gotten single digit scores will I be okay?" Hinata asked frantically.

"You've only ever what? I think this might be worse than we thought" Suga said worriedly.

"Kageyama are your grades just as bad?" you asked as he nodded.

"Tadashi, you'll be fine, won't you?" you said as you looked up at Tadashi.

"I don't need to be tutored this time, I think you should help those two instead," he replied.

Kageyama and Hinata turned to you and looked at you expectantly.

"Please help us (Y/N)!" Hinata pleaded.

"I need to go to the training camp, you have to help me," Kageyama said.

"Well I'm not that great so I don't know how much help I'll be," you laughed nervously at their enthusiasm, honoured that they wanted your help.

Yamaguchi frowned at you.

"(Y/N) you almost got 100% in your last test" he said.

"I'm good at teaching myself not others" you explained quietly as the other two first years stared at you in disbelief.

"(Y/N) I think it would be good for you to help them, you might be their last hope," Daichi told you.

"Yeah you can teach those two and I'll deal with Tanaka and Noya," Ennoshita said.

You thought for a moment.

"Okay, I'll do it" you replied finally. 

"Oh, one more thing," Takeda said as you all turned to look at him," the Nekoma team currently doesn't have any managers and the captain has suggested that (Y/N) come on the trip to act as their temporary manager."

"Me?" you asked surprised.

Takeda nodded.

"(Y/N) you will come right?" Hinata asked, "it would be so cool if you were there!"

"The captain asked? Kuroo that sly little-" you began before stopping yourself.

Yamaguchi placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Do you want to come?" he asked as you looked up at him.

"Yeah," you said with no hesitation despite not having thought about it that much.

"Yay!" Hinata cheered as he jumped into the air. Everyone else just smiled except for Tsukishima who just looked like he wanted to leave.

"I'll have to check with my dad though," you reminded them.