Chapter 39

You sat down at the table in between Yamaguchi and Yachi and sighed. Yamaguchi looked at you to check if you were okay.

"Sorry Tadashi I don't know why I'm the tired one since you played all the volleyball today and all I did was run around after Nekoma" you sighed from exhaustion. 

"I don't blame you for being tired, they had you running around after them all day" he replied.

"Yeah, I'm glad Karasuno didn't have me running around non-stop" Yachi said as she took a bite of her food.

"Yeah and you didn't have Kuroo teasing you every chance he got" you said as you glared at Nekoma's captain from across the room.

Kuroo just grinned back at you. Yamaguchi also glanced over at Nekoma's table, his eyes scanning for a certain first year who he spotted at the end of the other table.

"Oh Tadashi, I forgot to tell you but Lev's half Japanese like me!" you said suddenly as you smiled at the silver haired boy across the room. Lev smiled back and waved slightly before turning to Kuroo who muttered something to him.

"He is?" Yamaguchi asked as he subtly glared at Lev.

Lev looked back at Yamaguchi, smiling as he waved.

"Yeah he's half Russian!" you responded happily. 

"That must be why he's so tall" Yachi said as she quickly glanced at Lev.

"Maybe, but Tadashi and Tsukki are both pretty tall as well and they're both Japanese" you said. 

"Pretty tall? They're like trees" Yachi squeaked.

"They're not scary though" you laughed.

"Well Yamaguchi's not" she mumbled.

"Tsukki's not that bad once you get to know him" Yamaguchi explained.

"Yeah, he's actually sorta caring he just doesn't like to show it" you said.

"He's caring?" Yachi asked as you nodded.

"Yep there was this one time when we were in our last year of primary school and I fell over trying to play volleyball with them at the park and he carried me home on his back" you smiled as you remembered how nice your friend could be.

"And we all know he doesn't actually hate Hana" Yamaguchi whispered.

"You don't know anything Yamaguchi, that girl is so annoying" Tsukki said as he sat down, "and who said I was being caring when I carried you that one time I only did it because you wouldn't stop bawling your eyes out"

"Hey I didn't cry it was only a scratch!" you protested.

"Well it sounded like it to me" he replied. 

"Jeez sometimes I wonder why I even stick up for you" you muttered.

"You don't need to stick up for me, I don't care what people think of me" he said simply. 

You just glared at your friend before turning to Yachi.

"Well he didn't deny helping you I guess" Yachi mumbled.

"Yeah, and don't worry he likes you so he's not gonna be mean to you" you told her reassuringly.

"He likes me?" she asked a little panicked. 

"Well not like like just friend like" you explained quickly. 

Yachi nodded in understanding. Tsukki had heard everything you just said but just decided to ignore it.

"Hey Tsukki, has Hana ever told you where she goes?" Yamaguchi asked suddenly.

Tsukki tensed up a bit at the question but regained his composure.

"Why would you expect me to know the answer?" he asked.

"Well she seems to like you" he said. 

"And what's with the sudden question?" Tsukki asked. 

"I was just wondering" Yamaguchi muttered.

Tsukki didn't say anything else and went back to eating while Yamaguchi stared down at his plate. You gently took held his hand under the table to cheer him up a bit and it seemed to work since he squeezed your hand and began to smile.

Time skip to the end of dinner~

"Hey Tadashi, why did you ask Tsukki that question?" you asked as you stood beside your best friend by the door to the room you would be staying in.

"Well she's my friend too so I get worried and you didn't know the answer so I thought Tsukki might" he explained.

"You know, after we got back from this training camp I was thinking of having her stay round and I was gonna ask her then" you confessed.

"You don't think she's getting herself into trouble do you?" he asked.

"No. She might not seem it but she's too smart for that and Tsukki wouldn't let her hang around him if he suspected her of something"

"You're right, sorry I shouldn't be doubting her like this"

"It's fine, you're just worried, I get that, I am too" you reassured him.

"Hey Yamaguchi you need to get your futon ready" Tsukki said as he poked his head out from another door along the corridor.

"Coming Tsukki" Yamaguchi replied.

"Well see you tomorrow Tadashi," you said as you gave him a big hug.

"Yeah, sweet dreams okay?" Tadashi replied as he pressed a quick kiss to the top of your head before leaving, which made you freeze for a few seconds as you processed the information.

"Yeah" you said dreamily as you opened the door beside you to be met with the smirking faces of all the managers.

"Well, well, well (Y/N) looks like you've got some explaining to do" Yukie grinned.

"Oh" you said as you realised what was about to happen.

"Ahhh tell us everything!" Kaori said as she grabbed your hands, pulling you into the room.

"Well errr" you began as your brain began to load. 

"Yeah (Y/N) we're all dying to know" Kiyoko smiled.

"Not you too Kiyoko!" you said as you realised what you were in for. 

Kiyoko grinned at you and you felt a rush of dread wash over you.

"Oh come on just give us the details and we'll leave you alone" Mako smirked.

"Details I don't have details what are you on about?" you laughed nervously.

They all gave you a look, except for Yachi who genuinely looked concerned for you.

"Come on lets play truth!" Eri said excitedly.

"Ummm isn't it truth or dare?" you asked.

"Yep but not right now because we just want you to spill everything about you and Yamaguchi" she smiled. 

"Oh" you said as your face dropped as you realised that yes, this was going to happen. 

"Ahhh this is so exciting, having a sleepover with new friends!" Yukie squealed as she grabbed Kaori's hands.

"I know!" Kaori replied.

"I am so sorry (Y/N)" Yachi whispered.

"Well it was bound to happen sooner or later" you muttered as you stood awkwardly in the doorway.

Everyone had gathered in the middle of the room and were sitting in a circle.

"Come on sit down (Y/N)" they whispered.

You sighed as you did what they said. This was going to be a long night.

I feel like my chapters are kinda lacking for some reason but that probably cos of school. 

Not me changing the author note again but so some of these comments make sense some guy in my class said Noya and Suga were useless so I almost kicked him~

Also I'm realising that since I've changed (Y/N)'s pronouns to they/them if you identify as a boy then technically you wouldn't stay with the girls but we can just ignore that right-