Chapter 32

"(Y/N) you said this match was against Aoba Johsai, right?" Hana asked.

"Yes" you replied.

"So, Oikawa's going to be here?" she asked, smiling this time.

You rolled your eyes at your friend.

"Of course he is Hana, he's the captain, and why are you so focused on Oikawa?"

"I'm here for Karasuno too, don't worry," she reassured you.

"Look its starting," you said as you pointed below you.

You looked down and met the eyes of Yamaguchi who was staring at you worriedly. Your face softened when you saw him.

"Do you think Yamaguchi is going to play in this one?" she asked you.

"I don't know but if he does, I'm scared that the pressure will get to him" you explained worriedly.

Hana nodded at your statement as she watched the game thoughtfully. The two of you sat there for a while as you watched the match progress.

"Hey, (Y/N), is Yamaguchi getting put in the game?" she asked as the whistle blew.

"Hana, I think he is" you said excitedly.

You watched as Yamaguchi nervously held up the number twelve and was put in the game to serve. You gripped onto the railing.

"Come on Tadashi," you whispered as he got ready to serve. 

You were worried, you knew that he was probably going to crack under the pressure.

Then he served, and he missed.

"Don't worry Tadashi it's okay," but you knew he couldn't hear you.

He served again and missed again.

"Tadashi..."

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Hana asked worriedly.

"Hana, Tadashi I..." you began,

"Hey, (Y/N), don't worry they haven't lost yet, it's okay," Hana said as she hugged you.

"But Tadashi..."

"He'll be fine, it's not the end of the world."

"But you weren't there Hana," you whispered as you remembered the day when he opened up to you. 

You knew that Yamaguchi was going to blame himself if they lost.

"Hey, look they're putting Sugawara in," Hana said as she tried to distract you.

A time skip to the end of the game~

You sat there as you tried to hold back your tears. They had lost.

"Hey, (Y/N) let's go" Hana said softly. 

You nodded as you followed Hana out of the gym. You saw the volleyball team in tears as you walked out, and you couldn't bring yourself to look at Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi's eyes searched for you in the crowd and he saw you walking away with your head lowered and his tears blurred his vision even more.

He had missed his serves.

Were you disappointed in him?

Did you think he was useless?

Did you hate him?

Tsukishima looked at his friend and walked up to him quietly.

"She won't hate you" he said. 

Yamaguchi stood up straight and sucked the tears in.

"But Tsukki-" he began. 

"Shut up Yamaguchi, open your eyes and stop being so oblivious" Tsukki cut him off. 

Yamaguchi stared at his friend in shock as he watched Tsukishima walk away.

Another time skip~

You stared at Yamaguchi as you stood outside your houses and he stared back into your teary (E/C) eyes. The wind blew through your hair and your (H/C) locks fluttered behind you.

"(Y/N)" Yamaguchi said. 

"Tadashi" you replied. 

Yamaguchi looked down, ashamed.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry" he apologised.

"Tadashi..." you trailed off. 

You ran towards your best friend and hugged him tightly as the tears streamed down your face. Yamaguchi stood there as you sobbed into his shirt.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered.

"Don't you dare say you're sorry!" you told him. 

"What?" he asked in confusion. 

You looked up at your friend and he was taken aback by the fire in your eyes.

"Tadashi I'm so proud of you," you sobbed, "please stop being sad, you're making me cry."

"But I failed..." he began. 

"So? You failed, that means you can improve, doesn't it, are you going to give up?" you scolded him gently. 

"No, I-" he started before you cut him off. 

"Good!" you interrupted him. 

"(Y/N)-" Yamaguchi said. 

"You can only go up from here," you said as you pulled away, the tears already drying as you wiped them away, "right?" you smiled up at him.

Yamaguchi smiled and pulled you back into a hug.

"Right" he replied. 

You hugged him back and nuzzled into his neck.

"We should probably go inside" you said.

"Yeah this is kinda awkward" Yamaguchi replied. 

I am back with another chapter for you all!! I think that updates might be a bit slower from now on because I'm going back to school on Monday so idk where my motivation's gonna be. I'm in the middle of writing the next chapter but I'm not sure when I'm gonna finish it because I'm kinda stumped for ideas even though I'm following the plot of the anime.