𝟭𝟬. the prophecy

ooo.┊ # THE PROPHECY ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 🗡 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 - 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"COME ON, we don't wanna be caught out after nightfall." The beaver explained wanting them to move faster so the 6 were safe.

As they were walking, the Pevensie's had been looking around a little weirdly so Alastair took it upon himself to make fun of them "What? Have you never seen a forest before? Or is it the snow?" The Pevensie siblings rolled their eyes in response.

After 10 minutes of walking the beaver spoke up, "Blimey! Looks like the old girl's got the kettle on! Nice cup o'Rosy Lee." Anastasia scrunched her face in confusion before settling it back to her neutral face.

"It's lovely." Lucy's voice caught the pair's attention. "Oh it's merely a trifle, you know." The beaver responded. "Not really." Ana mumbled. "Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished yet." "Well it looks homely." Alastair told him. "It'll look the business when it is finished."

As they kept walking Ana nearly slid before a pair of hands wrapped around her. Once she was steady, she turned and saw Edmund giving her a sheepish look before she pushed his hands off and walked away.

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick!" Mrs. Beaver yelled as she came out of their home. she seems so...cozy. Anastasia thought.

"If I find you've been out with Badger again I..." She trailed off as she saw the company Beaver brought with him. "Oh..well those aren't badgers." She said with underlying hope. "Oh I'd never thought I'd live to see this day."

She was gazing at them until she suddenly snapped at Mr. Beaver. "Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" "I'd have given a week if i thought it would've helped" He responded, Alastair chuckled at his comeback.

"Oh come inside and I'll see if we can get you some food," Mrs. Beaver softly told the 6 before turning to Mr. Beaver, "and some civilized company." This made Anastasia crack a smile. "Now, watch your step." "Excuse the mess. Mr. Beaver can't get out of his chair."

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?" Peter immediately asked. "They'll have taken him to the Witches house." Mr. Beaver replied, "You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again." "Okay then. That's comforting." Anastasia mumbled.

"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver asked once she saw the look on Lucy's face. "But there is hope, dear. Lot's of hope." Mr. Beaver suddenly spit out his drink. "Oh, yeah! There's a right bit more than hope!" He looked around before leaning in. "Aslan is on the move." he quietly said. who's that? wondered Alastair.

Edmund got up from his place on the stair and asked the question the whole group was thinking "Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver started laughing thinking he was joking. "Who's Aslan? You cheeky little blighter."

Mrs. Beaver hit him once she noticed they were serious. "What?" Mr. Beaver asked. "You don't know do you?" He asked in disbelief. "We haven't exactly been here for very long." Peter spoke up.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood!" Mr. Beaver went on to explain. "The top geezer. The real King of Narnia!" This caught everyone's attention that there was at least some force fighting the White Witch.

"He's been away for a long while." Mrs. Beaver told them. "But he's just got back!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed excitedly. "And he's waiting for you near the stone table!"

"Why us?" Anastasia asked. "You're blooming joking!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed, "They don't even know about the prophecy!" This caught everyone's attention. "Prophecy? what prophecy?" The girl asked.

"Well, then..." Mrs. Beaver gestured to them. "Look. Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, It's all happening because of you!" "You're blaming us?" Susan asked him appalled. "Obviously not if they're excited, Susan" Anastasia sarcastically smiled. "No! Not blaming you. Thanking you."

"There's a prophecy," Mr. Beaver took over, "When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne the evil time will be over and done." "That doesn't really rhyme" Susan remarked. Anastasia rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I know it don't. but you're kind of missing the point!" Mr. Beaver stated.

"It has long been foretold that three Sons of Adam and three Daughter of Eve, will defeat the White Witch and bring peace to Narnia." Mrs. Beaver explained. "Oh I'm not so sure you have the right girl for that then." Anastasia said gesturing to herself.

Susan and Peter, shared a look before Peter said, "And you think we're the ones?" "Well you better be because Aslan's already fitted out your army!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed. "Good." Alastair's voice brought the attention towards him.

"What?" Susan asked thinking he was mental. "If Aslan's got an army then I want to fight!" "Of course you do." Anastasia mumbled glaring. "Well, that's one down." Mr. Beaver said before turning to the rest.

"Our mum's sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war." Susan explained to all of them. "Well our mom told us to use our powers and fight to protect people!" Alastair said, tired of keeping the secret. "What powers?" The elder Pevensie's asked.

"We're mutants! Meaning we were born being special and superpowers! Surprise!" Anastasia exclaimed sarcastically. "And before you ask we never told you guys, because then you'd think of us how we really are. Freaks."

"That's enough, Anastasia." Alastair rolled his eyes, but felt a pang his his heart. "But we should probably get back to talking about this whole prophecy situation."

"Having powers doesn't make you or any of us heroes!" Peter stated. "We're from Finchley!" Susan told the Beavers. They simply looked at each other as if to say they didn't know what they were talking about.

"Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go." Susan said. "Don't have to tell me twice." Anastasia got up after her. "No, you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver said.

"He's right." Lucy spoke up, "We have to help Mr. Tumnus." Anastasia groaned at that. "It's out of our hands." Peter told her before turning to the Beavers. "I'm sorry, but it's time all of us were getting home. Ed?" Peter asked and when there was no reply they all looked over and saw him missing.

"Ed?" He saw the door was open which meant Edmund had left. "I'm gonna kill him!" Peter angrily stated. "What. An. Idiot." "You may not have to," Mr. Beaver spoke up, "Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?" he asked.