𝟯𝟲. returning

ooo.┊ # RETURNING ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 💋 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER, Anastasia was riding through the forrest on her way to the Howe. She had a vague idea of where it was, and if she not she could always just fly as high as she could and look for it.

        "This is so boring, Romeo." She told the horse. She didn't even know if that was its name, but she didn't have many people to talk to. The horse neighed in response. She stuck out her hand and made apples appear in the bushes in front of them. The horse walked towards it and ate them as she looked around.

        "Let's go." She said once the horse finished. Romeo must have gotten his second wind, because he took of like lightning down the trail. "Okay. I did not mean this fast." Anastasia yelled.

        As the horse kept going she saw the Howe appear through the trees. "Yes! You're brilliant, Romeo!"

        There were Narnians outside training and working before they saw a figure riding towards them. They got in a defensive position before a familiar voice was heard. "Awesome!"

        "Is that...?" One of them mumbled. The faun on the Howe started yelling down at them. "Drop your weapons! It's the High Queen!" Immediately the Narnians started yelling in joy that she was okay.

        "Hi!" She said once she got there. A centaur helped her down before some of the Narnians embraced her in a hug. "Oh okay." She chuckled.

        "Who is it?" Alastair asked. Anastasia turned and looked at him. "Ana?" The girl ran towards him and gave him a hug. He immediately hugged back and started crying. "I'm so sorry for what I told you. I'm sorry we left you behind. I'm sorry I made you feel selfish. You're not. You're one of the most caring people here. Even if you don't show it."

        "It's okay." Anastasia sighed and hugged him back. "I knew you didn't mean to. Besides, it was all apart of my plan." "Leave it to you to make a plan without anyone knowing." "I mean we do have a knack for that."

        The two chuckled before the Pevensie's, minus Edmund, walked over. "Who is it?" Lucy asked.

        "Do I really look that different?" "Ana!" Susan and Lucy yelled running up and hugging her. "Okay. Is it free hug day?" Nevertheless, she hugged them back. When they pulled away Peter was standing in front of her.

        The two looked at each other. "You know this would usually be the time you say 'I'm glad you're not dead.' or something. Just a thought." Peter chuckled before walking up and embracing her.

"I'm glad you're not dead. And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you earlier. And that we left you behind...And that I made you feel like you weren't a good leader." "It's alright. At least now we know I'm always right." The two chuckled before pulling away.

"Where's Edmund?" Anastasia looked around for the missing boy. "He's locked himself up in your room. He won't come out." Anastasia sighed. "Looks like I have to go fix that."

Edmund was sitting in Anastasia's room with her old dress. He brought it up to his chest and sniffled trying not to cry again.

"This is depressing and that's coming from me." His breath hitched before he turned around. "..A-Annie?" The girl nodded walking over to him. He slowly reached out and put his arms around her waist to tug her closer. Her hand subconsciously went to his hair as the other rubbed his back.

A new wave of tears came as he started sobbing into her chest. "I'm so sorry we left you behind. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." "Oh, Edmund." She whispered rubbing his back. "I thought I lost you." He quietly whimpered.

"It's alright. I knew I wouldn't make it out last night. But they wouldn't have been able to keep me longer than a couple of hours. Besides, I had a plan...a very poorly thought out plan, but a plan."

The boy whimpered and kept crying. Anastasia moved them to lay down and Edmund clung to her like she was his lifeline. "You're so stubborn. Why couldn't you have told anyone about your plan?" "Well like I said, it was poorly planned. By that I mean I was coming up with things as I went." Edmund gave a watery chuckle at that.

"Besides, I told you I'd never leave you behind." She kept stroking his hair and listened as he fell asleep. She smiled and kissed his head. "Sweet dreams, love. I'll be here when you wake up. I'll always be here for you."