𝟰𝟮. no tail

ooo.┊ # NO TAIL ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 💋 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        ANASTASIA AND ALASTAIR regrouped with Aslan and Lucy as the rest of the royals came towards them. The group of four bowed towards Aslan. "Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." The Pevensie's looked up and slowly stood as Caspian stayed kneeling.

        "All of you." "I do not think I am ready." Caspian looked up unsurely. Anastasia thought she saw more and more of herself in him every day. "Just like I told the one before you. It's for that reason I know you are." Caspian slowly stood looking confused until Alastair motioned his head to Anastasia.

        "That's how she used to feel." Was all Alastair told him. The group heard bagpipes playing and they turned to see Reepicheep being brought in on a small stretcher by other mice. "Oh for god's sake." Anastasia mumbled putting her hands on her hips.

        Lucy walked forward and dropped fire-flower potion into his mouth. "Oh." Reepicheep gasped. "Thank you, your Majesty. Thank you. Uh..Oh!" Reepicheep stuttered once he saw Aslan. The group smiled at him.

        "Hail, Aslan! It is a great honor to be in.." Reepicheep stumbled forward before he could continue. The group saw his tail had been cut off. Anastasia snickered at how funny he looked. "I'm completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Uh..perhaps a drop more?" He asked Lucy.

        "I don't think it works like that." "You could have a go." "It becomes you well, small one." Aslan chuckled. "All the same, Great King. I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse." "Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend."

        Reepicheep stuttered. "Well, it's not just the honor. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things." The group smiled as Reepicheep kept going. "May it please your High Majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief." A mouse spoke up taking out its sword. "Oh. That's not necessary thank you." Alastair told them.

        "Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people." Aslan spoke while giving Reepicheep a new tail. "Look! Thank you, my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility." The group chuckled at the mouse's declarations. "Yes! Excellent! You do that!" Anastasia encouraged the mouse.

        "Now, where is this Dear Little Friend you've told me so much about?" They all looked over at Trumpkin, who noticed their gazes. Anastasia and Alastair were stifling their giggles as he walked up and kneeled. "Do you see him now?" Lucy sassily asked after the lion roared at him.

        The group dispersed to get ready to go back to the Kingdom. "Ana!" Edmund called her over. The girl ran into his arms. "You really need to communicate these plans better." His voice was muffled in her hair. "But that's no fun." She giggled.

        She pulled away and noticed he had a red mark on his eye. She gasped and lightly touched it. "It's alright. It doesn't hurt anymore." Edmund reassured her. The girl sighed at him and leaned in to kiss the mark.

        "There! Good as new!" Edmund chuckled and spun around with her still in his arms. She laughed and rubbed their noses together before embracing him once more.

        Later that day, the group made it back into the Telmarine Kingdom. The next day was meant to be Caspian's coronation, so the girls got fitted for a dress and they all got their own rooms. Anastasia picked one that was more towards itself, because she just wanted privacy.

        She heard a knock at the door and someone come in. "Yeah. Sure. Come in." She told Edmund. He rolled his eyes. "What are you doing?" "Brushing my hair." "Can I do it?" "Why?" "I just want to."

        Anastasia agreed and sat on the floor in front of him. "Do you even know what you're doing?" "I've seen Susan and Lucy do it loads of times. I think I got it." He parted her hair in half and carefully grabbed one section to start brushing.

        "Have you picked a room yet?" "I figured I would just stay with you. You always seem to have the best taste in room either way." Anastasia shrugged knowing he was right. "Have your parents decided what they're going to do?" "I think so."

        Belladonna and Atlas had been talking about either moving to a different city or going back to America because of the war. From what Anastasia had heard, they were leaning towards the latter.

        "And?" "..I think they might want to go back to America." Edmund paused. "O-Oh." "I'm sorry." "It's alright. It's not your fault." He went back to brushing other half of her hair.

        "What are you going to wear tomorrow when we ride through the courtyard?" "I haven't decided yet. Why?" "We should match!" The girl tilted her head back to look at him. Edmund smiled and kissed her forehead. "Anything for you, my love."

        Now that he finished brushing her hair, she stood up and stretched before putting the brush away. "What's wrong?" She asked after Edmund grunted in pain. "My back feels weird." "Do you want me to rub it for you?" "If you want."

        The girl grabbed lotion and walked over to her bed. "Just lay down on your front. And take off your shirt." Edmund did just as she asked and put his head on a pillow. She got a small amount of lotion on her hands before placing them on his back. He sighed at the cold feeling before she kept rubbing it in.

        Anastasia kept rubbing his back for a couple of minutes until his breathing evened out and he was close to sleeping. She softly smiled at him and he returned with a sleepy one. She leaned over and kissed his cheek before he flipped onto his back.

        She tossed the lotion aside and laid on top of him. His arms immediately circled her waist as her head fell onto his chest. He gave her a small kiss on the forehead before sighing. The two then slowly fell asleep in each other's arms.