𝟰𝟬. the duel

ooo.┊ # THE DUEL ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 💋 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        ANASTASIA AND EDMUND WERE standing in the entrance of the Howe waiting for Peter. "Do you think this'll work out?" Edmund asked. "It would. If they weren't going to cheat their way into winning." Anastasia squinted her eyes in thought.

        "What do you mean 'cheat'?" "It's Miraz. You think he won't have a back up plan?" Edmund paused before shrugging. Normally Anastasia's ideas made sense and happened one way or the other.

        Peter finally walked over and the three got ready to head out. "You look you're going to throw up." Anastasia studied Peter. "That's reassuring. What if I don't win this?" "You will."

        "What if something happens and I don't make it out?" Anastasia and Edmund shared a look over Peter's shoulder before quickly trying to stop him but he kept going. "If something goes wrong?"

        Peter turned to Anastasia and the girl stuttered. "I-I don't.." She trailed off and shrugged. "I mean what are we supposed to do then?" "God's sake, Peter." Her hand reached out and slapped him across the face as a reflex, but she kept going. "Pull yourself together. Have some pride for the love of God!" She exclaimed.

        Peter lightly rubbed his cheek but nodded. "Alright." The three got into a line to leave the Howe. Peter went slightly ahead of Anastasia and Edmund as they followed, carrying his sword and helmet.

        Once they got to the space the two were supposed to battle, Peter sat down on a stone while Edmund helped him putting his things on. Miraz sat in a chair on the other side staring at them while speaking to his own seconds.

        A couple minutes later, the two men slowly started circling around each other. "There is still time to surrender." Miraz told Peter. "Well, feel free." The boy said. "How many more must die for the throne.?" "Just one." Peter retorted before putting his face plate down.

        Peter charged stepping on a piece of stone, before both of their swords and shields clashed together. Miraz pulled his shield back and shoved it in Peters face. Their swords kept clashing against each others shields.

        Peter turned around Miraz and slashed his back. "Ah!" Miraz yelled. Peter swung his sword and Miraz ducked and slammed his shield into Peters face. The boys head flew back and his helmet fell off his face.

        "Hm." Anastasia grumbled. Miraz swung and Peter moved his head backwards to avoid it. Peter ducked down and struck Miraz's thigh. The two backed up a little. From what Anastasia could see, Miraz looked towards Glozelle and the General just tilted his head. what the hell is that about?

        The two charged at each other once again. Miraz ducked and swung at Peters feet making the boy roll over. The two swung until Miraz kicked Peter back and stepped on his arm dislocating it. The boy then kept rolling around attempting to avoid Miraz's strikes.

        Peter rolled towards Miraz and swung at him. The man blocked which was when Peter rolled again and knocked him over. The two stood up when the group heard the sound of a horse riding up.

        "Does his highness need a respite?" Miraz asked. "Five minutes?" "Three!" The two started limping back towards their sides. Anastasia quickly ran and got Peters helmet while Edmund helped Peter over to the group.