𝟮𝟲. the dwarf

ooo.┊ # THE DWARF ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 💋 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AS THEY WERE WALKING, Susan saw something and ran ahead. She shot an arrow at boat of soldiers who were trying to drown a dwarf. "Drop him!" she yelled. 'great.' Ana thought, knowing what's going to happen. Sure enough the soldiers dropped the dwarf right into the lake.

Susan shot at one killing him before the other jumped out of the boat. "Nice going, Susan!" Anastasia ran to the riverbank. "Ana!" "I know. I just wanted someone to blame."

They all grouped up as Lucy dropped down and cut the ropes off the dwarf. " 'Drop him?' That's the best you could do?!" He exclaimed. "Looks like we've found grumpy the dwarf. Now where's the other six?" Anastasia mumbled.

"A simple 'thank you' would suffice." Susan told him. "For drowning him?" "They were doing fine drowning me without your help." "Well maybe we should've let them." Peter remarked. "Woah woah woah." Alastair cut in. "Let's not get too ahead of ourselves."

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked him. "They're telmarines. It's what they do." The dwarf responded. "Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund asked.

"Where have you been for the last hundred years?" the dwarf asked rhetorically. "It's a long story." Alastair spoke. "But you probably won't believe it. So we won't say it." Anastasia said right after - looking around as means to not make eye contact.

The dwarf looked up and gazed at all of them seeing the crest on the hilt of Peters sword and catching the glint of Ana's arrows. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of Old?" He asked. "High King Peter, the Magnificent." Peter stuck out his hand. "You probably could've left out the last bit." "Probably" The dwarf chuckled.

"You might be surprised." Peter said unsheathing his sword. "Oh, you don't wanna do that boy." the dwarf remarked. "Not me," Peter said, "One of them." He gestured towards Edmund and Alastair as they both had the title of best swordsman before they left.

Trumpkin was smart enough to figure out who was who. He was also smart enough not to pick the guy with enhanced strength, so he gestured towards Edmund who took out his sword.

Once Peter handed him the sword Trumpkin pretended it was too heavy. Edmund looked at the group smiling before Trumpkin suddenly turned and swung at him.

Dodging the hit Trumpkin used the hilt of the sword to hit Edmunds face. The boy staggered back as Anastasia broke out into chuckles. Peter nudged her and she covered her mouth with hands.

The two kept fighting until Edmund gained speed and knocked the sword out of Trumpkins hands. "Beards and Beadsteads. Maybe that horn worked after all." He commented. "What horn?" Susan asked.

Trumpkin explained everything to them. From how the telmarine prince escaped and blew the horn to him getting captured. "Ugh. I hate these people." Anastasia mumbled walking to the boat with the rest of the group.