𝟮𝟱. what happened

ooo.┊ # WHAT HAPPENED ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 🤍 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ONCE THE GROUP GOT TO THE RUINS they started exploring. Anastasia grabbed an apple from a tree biting into it. Edmund snuck up and grabbed her sides shaking her. The girl let out a yelp before scowling.

"That wasn't funny." "It was pretty funny." Edmund walked away chuckling. Anastasia huffed before attempting to finish her apple in peace.

"I wonder who lived here." Lucy said. "We did." Alastair told all of them as Susan picked up a chess piece. "Hey that's mine. From my chess set." Edmund said walking up to them. "Which chess set?" Peter teased. "Well, I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?" Edmund scoffed.

Anastasia wasn't really paying that much attention. She was just wondering why this place was so familiar. It was on the tip of her tongue but she just couldn't find the words.

She crouched down and touched some of the leftover tile on the floor. She doesn't exactly know why, but she figured it could help. Her eyes screwed shut as she desperately tried to remember where they were in Narnia.

"I want to be the only one you flirt with." "You're the only one I want to flirt with......I really like you."

"High Queen Anastasia, the Selfless. Empress of the Lone Islands and Lady of Cair Paravel. Those are your titles, Anastasia." A familiar lions voice told her.

"How dumb am I?" Anastasia exclaimed getting up and running to where she knew was their throne room. The others were startled at her movements before Lucy took off after having the same thoughts.

"Don't you see?" Lucy asked standing in front of the stone piles. "What?" Peter replied confused. She quickly grabbed him and placed him on the right side of Anastasia. "Imagine walls. and columns, there. and a glass roof." She brought Susan to her spot on the other side of Anastasia before going at the end. Alastair and Edmund had walked to their spots on their own.

The others finally started piecing things together before Peter said, "Cair Paravel." Anastasia sighed and furrowed her eyebrows. 'i'm supposed to help them, but i couldn't do that again.'

"Catapults." Edmund stated. The group had left the old throne room a while ago and were looking for signs of what happened. Anastasia had been eerily quiet, well more so than usual.

"What?" Peter asked. "Cair Paravel was attacked." Anastasia finally spoke up. What sent chills threw the groups spines was how blank her tone had been.

Edmund stood up placing a hand on her back. He frowned as her body tensed a split second before relaxing against his hand. Peter walked over to a stone door moving it with Alastair helping him.

Once he opened the wood door behind it he ripped his shirt and tied it around a stick. "What are you doing?" Anastasia confusedly asked. He looked over at Edmund. "You don't happen to have any matches, do you?" "No, but will this help?" Edmund asked holding up a torch. The group giggled at him before Peter said, "You might've mentioned that a bit sooner."

Grabbing Anastasia's hand, Edmund led them down the stairs. Once down there they all opened the gate before walking in seeing the statues standing there. "I can't believe it." Ana said. "It's all still here." Peter continued. They all quickly walked to their own chest, except for the two, as the boy was looking at something he found on the floor and Anastasia was looking at her statue and chest.

"I was so tall." Lucy said. "Well, you were older then." Susan told her. "As opposed to thousands of years later," Alastair's voice sounded as the girls looked at him and Edmund. "When you're younger." Edmund continued with an oversized helmet on his head.

Peter had put down whatever it was that he found and stood next to Anastasia. The two were simply looking at their statues. Anastasia felt like she shouldn't even deserve considering she couldn't help any of the Narnians when they needed it. Instead she was off in her own world blissfully having fun, while they were here getting attacked.

Slowly, Peter took Anastasia's hand. She looked over at him and he gave her an encouraging nod. Whether it was for him or her, she didn't know. But, nevertheless, the two walked up and opened their chests.

At the top of Anastasia's was her bow and arrows carefully wrapped up. She assumed it was because they were extremely hot until she touched them. A bunch of other dresses and jewelry was in there as well.

Susan began frantically looking in her chest. "What is it?" Ana exasperatedly asked. "My horn. I must've left it on my saddle the day we went back." "Obviously it's lost, Susan!"

Anastasia's voice carried through the room. She noticed the confused and slightly hurt look on Susan's face. "Sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude."

Peter unsheathed his sword reading. "When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death," "When he shakes his mane...we shall have spring again." Lucy continued. "Everyone we knew. Mr. Tumnus...and the Beavers....they're all gone."

Anastasia bit her lip feeling even more hurt that some of the closest people she had to family were gone. It hurt hearing the Beavers. The two were like makeshift parents for the girl, especially Mrs. Beaver. Anastasia could remember the times the two sat at the creek while she was drawing and Mrs. Beaver braided her hair with flowers in it.

"I think it's time we find out what's going on." Peter stated. "Right." Anastasia spoke up. "But we should get changed. Something tells me we won't be noticed or appreciated in these clothes."

The girls all went in one room and the boys stayed in the main one. Once the girls finished getting dressed they met up with the boys and started looking around. Edmund slowed Anastasia down until they were in the back of the group.

"What's wrong?" "What are you talking about?" Anastasia furrowed her brows. "You've been on...different since we got here." "It's just...I feel conflicted. I just don't know how to explain it. Maybe we can try again later."

She didn't know this, but Edmund's heart hurt at the fact she was having more trouble with her feelings. They were getting so much better back in London, now they get here and are overwhelmed with everything.

"Okay. But just know I'll always be here to help you. I don't want you stressing yourself out over this." Edmund was going to add in 'I love you.' But he hesitated. "Thank you." She told him mustering up a smile. It wasn't the normal one, but he'll take what he can get.